News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

LaughingGravy

Like an EZ Pass only lane, at the parking lots, have a couple of Resort Guest only lanes with proof of check-in required, and not charge them for parking, LOL.
You check in, they print a QR code on a unique card ( or use your room key and scan at toll booth) valid for a time frame and hand it to you.
OK, since they won't do the not charging resort guest for parking ( seeing top of that ship's mast on the horizon shrinking) , at least have the the resort guest only lanes w/ proof of check in.

Touchdown

The "issue" now is that they don't want to hold crowds outside the gates so they open early to relieve that. Since that time they open (early) is variable based on crowds, there apparently have been some issues with resort guests using resort transportation being able to get there early enough. It seems to me that this has been improved with increased earlier transportation but I'm not sure, hence why I asked about it.
Still an issue as of two weeks ago, no buses emptying prior to opening. To rope drop you still need to either walk, monorail, skyway or drive to get to rope drop (boats at least to DHS and Epcot won’t work either, don’t know about MK.)

pdude81

Like an EZ Pass only lane, at the parking lots, have a couple of Resort Guest only lanes with proof of check-in required, and not charge them for parking, LOL.
You check in, they print a QR code on a unique card ( or use your room key and scan at toll booth) valid for a time frame and hand it to you.
OK, since they won't do the not charging resort guest for parking ( seeing top of that ship's mast on the horizon shrinking) , at least have the the resort guest only lanes w/ proof of check in.
Resort guests would have to scan MB anyway to show they already have paid for resort parking. So this wouldn't be a heavy lift

pdude81

Still an issue as of two weeks ago, no buses emptying prior to opening. To rope drop you still need to either walk, monorail, skyway or drive to get to rope drop (boats at least to DHS and Epcot won’t work either, don’t know about MK.)
I left WDW around 3 weeks ago and we had no issue getting to parks well before their posted opening. You just had to not believe them when they said the buses start 45 minutes before. They really start closer to 90 minutes before posted opening time. Unless something has changed since then

jinx8402

I get there is a new wrinkle with social distancing (but that is being reduced soon), but the parks already dealt with opening early for resort guests. Why do we think this is some hurdle for them? I see no reason that won't continue to be the way they handle early entry.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Not hard to dig into their apps, at least for now.

Decompiling is an art form, but it's impossible to know their intentions 100% of the time based off code alone.
Does the server or the app itself do any hashing looking for modified apps or rogue code? I'm worried that there might be some savvy individuals out there engineering their own solutions to the tsunami crowds that will soon engulf WDW.

ToTBellHop

I get there is a new wrinkle with social distancing (but that is being reduced soon), but the parks already dealt with opening early for resort guests. Why do we think this is some hurdle for them? I see no reason that won't continue to be the way they handle early entry.
Because they can’t have a mob waiting outside the gates or on Main Street. They want a slow trickle of people it, as much as possible.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Just don’t open the parking lots early. Make everyone take WDW transportation for early entry.
Sorry, but if I'm entitled to free parking at the parks by virtue of staying in a Disney resort AND I'm being forced to pay $25/night to park at that resort, if I want to drive myself to a park and take advantage of the early entry I'm entitled to as a Disney resort guest, I WANT THAT PARKING LOT OPEN FOR ME.

ToTBellHop

Sorry, but if I'm entitled to free parking at the parks by virtue of staying in a Disney resort AND I'm being forced to pay $25/night to park at that resort, if I want to drive myself to a park and take advantage of the early entry I'm entitled to as a Disney resort guest, I WANT THAT PARKING LOT OPEN FOR ME.
Where do they say you are entitled to park in the parking lot whenever you’d like?

MK opens 9 am; 8:30 am to resort guests. Start buses at 7:30 am. Open parking lot at 8:30 am. Up to you how you’d like to proceed.

Not sure how the $25 resort parking fee matters. You pay that to park at your hotel.

You are entitled to enter the park early and you are entitled to park in the parking lots when they‘re open. Nothing more.

jinx8402

Where do they say you are entitled to park in the parking lot whenever you’d like?

MK opens 9 am; 8:30 am to resort guests. Start buses at 7:30 am. Open parking lot at 8:30 am. Up to you how you’d like to proceed.

Not sure how the $25 resort parking fee matters. You pay that to park at your hotel.

You are entitled to enter the park early and you are entitled to park in the parking lots when they‘re open. Nothing more.
Only problem with this idea that I see is that select non-Disney resorts also get the 30 minute extra time. Since they don't get to rely on Disney transportation, they will need the parking lots open.

ToTBellHop

Only problem with this idea that I see is that select non-Disney resorts also get the 30 minute extra time. Since they don't get to rely on Disney transportation, they will need the parking lots open.
Just need a bus lane open, no? That was how buses got into MK super early before they built the flyover.

I don’t foresee them allowing mobs. Either they start early entry soon with this type of restriction or they wait until they don’t have to worry about distancing. No idea what they’ve decided on that front.

doctornick

My feeling is that the issue at this moment is pandemic related: due to social distancing, they can't transport as many people via resort transportation. also, they may be having a staffing shortage leading to fewer buses, etc running. Once they can go back to their "normal" transportation capacity - or even increase it - they won't have a problem with getting people to the gates early enough.

Also, this is also compounded by not wanting crowding at the entrances due to the pandemic. They are opening up the gates early as a release valve for crowds.

All of this would I expect be solved once social distancing goes away. So I think that is a key factor before Early Entry starts.

ToTBellHop

My feeling is that the issue at this moment is pandemic related: due to social distancing, they can't transport as many people via resort transportation. also, they may be having a staffing shortage leading to fewer buses, etc running. Once they can go back to their "normal" transportation capacity - or even increase it - they won't have a problem with getting people to the gates early enough.

Also, this is also compounded by not wanting crowding at the entrances due to the pandemic. They are opening up the gates early as a release valve for crowds.

All of this would I expect be solved once social distancing goes away. So I think that is a key factor before Early Entry starts.
They desperately need to be able to get more guests on each bus. I presume that will be once Orange County hits 70%. It is a problem that they bought buses with so few seats in the current environment. And I know why they bought those buses.

Dad 2 M & M

@pdude81
Are people serious about a dedicated lane or lanes for entry to the Parking Lot? The other lanes would be long long long and the crowd would flock to the only lane(s) open and moving....would only take a car or two to stop the lane

maybe guard the entry to Ferry and monorail?

maybe everyone would understand and behave?

jinx8402

Just need a bus lane open, no? That was how buses got into MK super early before they built the flyover.

I don’t foresee them allowing mobs. Either they start early entry soon with this type of restriction or they wait until they don’t have to worry about distancing. No idea what they’ve decided on that front.
Ah, So kind of like @LaughingGravy just mentioned, create a lane for resort guest (and select resorts) only that would need to scan in with proof of stay. That could work, would just need to have a way to turn around people who do not qualify....because you know people will either be oblivious or try to sneak in lol.

jinx8402

Are people serious about a dedicated lane or lanes for entry to the Parking Lot? The other lanes would be long long long and the crowd would flock to the only lane(s) open and moving....would only take a car or two to stop the lane

maybe guard the entry to Ferry and monorail?
It's not just MK though, it is at all parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom