News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Early Theme Park Entry: We know how much guests enjoy extra park time, so coming later this year as part of our 50th anniversary celebration, Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels will be able to enjoy more fun with 30-minute early entry to ANY theme park, EVERY day. It’ll be a great way to get a jump start on your Disney day, no matter the day! As a reminder, the Extra Magic Hours benefit was suspended when Walt Disney World Resort reopened last summer, and as we continue to manage attendance with health and safety top of mind, Extra Magic Hours will not return. The new early theme park entry benefit helps us better spread visitation across all four theme parks, while providing added flexibility by giving guests extra early park time on each day of their vacation and in the park of their choosing. Please note that guests need valid admission and a park reservation made via the Disney Park Pass system to enter a theme park."

ToTBellHop

"Early Theme Park Entry: We know how much guests enjoy extra park time, so coming later this year as part of our 50th anniversary celebration, Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels will be able to enjoy more fun with 30-minute early entry to ANY theme park, EVERY day. It’ll be a great way to get a jump start on your Disney day, no matter the day! As a reminder, the Extra Magic Hours benefit was suspended when Walt Disney World Resort reopened last summer, and as we continue to manage attendance with health and safety top of mind, Extra Magic Hours will not return. The new early theme park entry benefit helps us better spread visitation across all four theme parks, while providing added flexibility by giving guests extra early park time on each day of their vacation and in the park of their choosing. Please note that guests need valid admission and a park reservation made via the Disney Park Pass system to enter a theme park."

Honestly, I think this will be better for resort guests than EMH since no single park will end up slammed. Being able to get into any park you want before non-resort guests is a genuine perk.

MagicWDI

Very interesting. It kinda feels like a compromise. On one end I feel like resort guests lose the amount of extra time they had with an additional hour or two they got with Extra Magic Hours, as well as having later time added at the end of the day on select days. But on the other hand this new "perk" is adding some extra time before opening everyday. No having to plan your parks around their schedule, whether guests were taking advantage of the extra hours or avoiding them.

Not sure how I feel about this yet but I have to say I like that it's every day now... But only 30 mins? Hopefully that will increase to at least an hour.

cjkeating

This is the way Disneyland Paris has done 'Extra Magic Time' for a while now (when open...).

At Disneyland Paris it works like this:
0800 Disneyland Park (unofficially) opens for Hotel guests
0830 Disneyland Park attractions open
0930 Disneyland Park (unofficially) opens to day guests
1000 Disneyland Park officially opens

The same happens at WDSP except the first admission is much closer to 0830. This approach means that there are no rope drops required inside the parks.

At Disneyland Paris EMT is advertised as 'one hour' even thought it actually lasts 1-2 hours depending on your perspective. The same principle could be applied to the half hour of Early Theme Park Entry.

Gringrinngghost

Very simple why that want to do this. You will have guests come early who don't want to wait in line which means they will wonder around and by happenstance perouse the gift shops to buy more junk while they wait for the wait to go down. Also the more body's in the park early with the rides opens already means they don't have to do rope drop anymore, or a welcome show (or if they did it would be earlier) and still get more sales in food early that day or merch.

It also makes it so they only have to pay front line CMs an extra hour overall.

Anyway, as per what seems to be a trend of mine for first page posts, enjoy
1610387313420.png

UNCgolf

It its a huge advantage. Off site guests are going to arrive at immediate 30-60 minute waits for the big attractions, each and every day.

And yet at the same time it also punishes on site guests who want to eat breakfast and/or aren't interested in getting up super early to go to the parks.

I liked the extra magic hours in the evening but I doubt I will ever show up early enough to take advantage of this.

EDIT: Punish wasn't the right word. It's just the loss of a benefit with no real replacement.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom