News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

Jrb1979

I don't see how they can continue to use the park pass reservation beyond Oct. 1st. People will have to switch reservation dates once the evening hours schedule is released for their vacation dates, and others will also have to switch when the holiday evening party returns. The reservation system is a mess that they need to get rid of immediately.
It's here to stay. Chapek loves it.

StarshipDisney

It’s been widely reported that they’re having trouble filling deluxe resorts right now.

And with the current level of perks...understandably so. I still have a reservation at the Contemporary in September and am still waiting for a reason to use it vice staying offsite. Yes, the fireworks very much help...but that alone is not enough for $1100/night.

Obviously anything starting 01 October gets zero credit. Come on Disney...bring back some perks before October.

Touchdown

Requiring a park pass reservation for that park that day to use the evening hours is kind of ridiculous. It would be much better from a customer standpoint to be able to go to other parks during the day then hop over there at night instead of having to spend at least the morning and early afternoon there as well as the evening hours.
Park hopping is allowed, that wording is for morning EMH I believe.

UNCgolf

Park hopping is allowed, that wording is for morning EMH I believe.

"Please note that guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours."

You have to have a reservation for the park with evening EMH to be able to use them. You could still park hop, but only if you were also there earlier in the day.

EDIT: As someone else pointed out below, I completely misread the following sentence in what I quoted and thought it only applied to Annual Passholders and not people with Park Hopper tickets.

Last edited:

Trauma

I feel like park reservations coupled with this makes it a mess.

Now a large majority of qualified guests will be reserving the park with the evening hours.

This will make the park more crowded than it needs to be during the day.

Honestly this reservation system is stupid.

I know to us hardcore fans it’s just another thing but to the average guest it’s a nightmare.

I know a few people that went and where stuck at Epcot because they didn’t know they needed reservations before they arrived.

They won’t be returning.

danv3

"Please note that guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours."

You have to have a reservation for the park with evening EMH to be able to use them. You could still park hop, but only if you were also there earlier in the day.
The rest of the paragraph clarifies that you can park hop into the evening park:

“Please note that guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours. Or, guests may visit with a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option as long as they entered their first park where they made their reservation earlier in the day.

Just like park hopping now, you have to have a reservation somewhere and enter that park for a second before you can park hop.

mf1972

i hope they would go back to evening magic hours for all resort guests when things start getting more back to normal. right now it kind of comes off that they care more for deluxe resort guests vs value & moderate guests as they throw them a crumb for early morning hour.
i know i’ll probably be crucified for this, but that’s just my initial opinion on this announcement.

It’s been widely reported that they’re having trouble filling deluxe resorts right now. Multiple people have been moved from Pop Century to the Grand Floridian because of this. They’re trying to do anything they can to drive traffic to these properties. I could see the Epcot resorts seeing a bump during the second half of Food and Wine if this is perceived as a way to enjoy F&W with lower crowds.
Being hundreds of dollars more than the deluxe resorts at Universal with less benefits doesn't help either. Maybe they should lower the prices, ha ha...

FantasiaMickey2000

You cut off the quote.

“Please note that guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours. Guests may also visit with a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option as long as they entered their reserved park earlier in the day.”
You don’t need a reservation to use this. You can park hop. You just have to go to wherever you made your reservation first which has always been the case for park hopping.

FantasiaMickey2000

I feel like park reservations coupled with this makes it a mess.

Now a large majority of qualified guests will be reserving the park with the evening hours.

This will make the park more crowded than it needs to be during the day.

Honestly this reservation system is stupid.

I know to us hardcore fans it’s just another thing but to the average guest it’s a nightmare.

I know a few people that went and where stuck at Epcot because they didn’t know they needed reservations before they arrived.

They won’t be returning.
This is no different than the previous extra magic hours. If you had a one day ticket, you had to use it at that park with the extra magic hours. If you had a park hopper you could hop there later. Now if you have a one day ticket you need your reservation there. If you have a hopper, you can hop there. Literally zero difference.

Trauma

This is no different than the previous extra magic hours. If you had a one day ticket, you had to use it at that park with the extra magic hours. If you had a park hopper you could hop there later. Now if you have a one day ticket you need your reservation there. If you have a hopper, you can hop there. Literally zero difference.
Not exactly.

Everyone knew they needed a ticket to get in that’s assumed.

Not everyone understands they need a reservation to get into a park that’s not really intuitive.

To a average clueless guest this will be a touch more confusing.

ifan

DVC member since the 90s, so this benefits me, but I truly don't understand rack rate pricing for Disney hotels anymore. I've been lucky to stay at some of the nicest hotels around the world and Disney deluxe resorts are priced at least 2X any comparable resort even in very high cost international cities.

When you have someone in a bubble (resort, ticket, food/drinks, merch) you typically do not overcharge for every single piece of the puzzle. You may lead people in with lower resort pricing, and then make up for it with the tickets or food or Merch. Disney is one of the few businesses in the world lucky enough to get away with this (Apple being another.) I'm surprised at the number of people willing to pay that much per night.

Honestly at current pricing, Disney should be adding a lot more than just extended evening hours to deluxe/DVC.

UNCgolf

The rest of the paragraph clarifies that you can park hop into the evening park:

“Please note that guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours. Or, guests may visit with a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option as long as they entered their first park where they made their reservation earlier in the day.

Just like park hopping now, you have to have a reservation somewhere and enter that park for a second before you can park hop.

I somehow skimmed over the first part of that sentence that said "ticket" and just read the part about Annual Passholders.

Of course park hopping is still broken at the moment with the only after 2 PM timing and probably not worth the price.

UNCgolf

So no EMH for moderate or below? Boy are they gouging their guests. That is crazy. What perks exist for those guests, free bus transportation ? I just stayed at Ft Wilderness and the margin seems to be about 95%.

They still get the morning time (all 30 minutes of it -- I still think there's a decent chance that will end up not a perk at all for the majority of guests); they just don't get any evening hours.

Disney Glimpses

It’s been widely reported that they’re having trouble filling deluxe resorts right now. Multiple people have been moved from Pop Century to the Grand Floridian because of this. They’re trying to do anything they can to drive traffic to these properties. I could see the Epcot resorts seeing a bump during the second half of Food and Wine if this is perceived as a way to enjoy F&W with lower crowds.
That is true but I don't think that is a factor in their decision. The situation will be very different 90 days from now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom