News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

phillip9698

I'm a bit surprised they aren't starting Early Entry until Oct 1 - with the increased in number of people in the parks and mitigation of distance protocols, it seems like it could/should be rolled out earlier like July/August.

It's a pattern. Anything they can possibly push to October 1 and sell as a 50th benefit they will.

Weather_Lady

I realize they’re desperate for anything they can call a “perk” for the 50th but come on. The 30 minutes early entry for resorts guests should be happening now. There are literally no perks right now for anybody staying on property.
Totally agree. I'm actually pretty ticked off that they're cavalierly screwing over anyone (like me) who was stupid enough to plan an onsite trip before October. That Airbnb I booked as an alternative is looking better by the minute.

Disney Glimpses

Does it? I don't see it said at all. I see it specifically say "Deluxe Villa Resorts" (which are the DVC resorts) but if they wanted to make it clear they were including DVC stays they would have probably called them DVC resorts or somesuch. The way its phrased makes it seem like it is possible it would only apply to cash reservations at the DVC resorts (not staying on points).
It says staying at their deluxe resorts or deluxe villa resorts; means of payment is irrelevant. It's a free/easy DVC sales pitch, no brainer.

Hockey427

Do we think that renting from a DVC resort would grant access to the extended evening hours? I don’t see why they wouldn’t but I would want to be sure before booking

JohnD

It was never just for deluxe resort guests, it was all resort guests.

I'm sure if I was staying deluxe I'd be thrilled. We are staying at Gran Destino so I'm mildly annoyed. A bit more than mildly I guess. And it makes me kind of nauseous to see what happens with fast pass...

The only park I'm really upset about not being able to stay late in is Animal Kingdom. :(
This thread is about both morning and evening entry. Yeah, I couldn’t do evening either because I can’t afford to stay at a deluxe. OTOH, it’s obvious they are capitalizing on deluxe resort stays at the beginning of the 50th anniversary to get more revenue for this “plussing” option. The question is will it expand beyond the week of October 1. We’ll see.

fathomsbelow7

My trip is during Thanksgiving week this year and I would be hesitant to move my reservation to a Deluxe resort during November/December just for evening hour dates. Realistically, wouldn't these be the months when the "Snow Bash" will be taking place as a replacement to Mickey's Very Merry? I wouldn't even be surprised if it stays Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and everything it entails.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It’s pretty sad if taking a previously existing perk for all onsite guests and just giving it to Deluxe guests as a repackaged “perk” for the 50th is the best they can do. 😂
It’s been widely reported that they’re having trouble filling deluxe resorts right now. Multiple people have been moved from Pop Century to the Grand Floridian because of this. They’re trying to do anything they can to drive traffic to these properties. I could see the Epcot resorts seeing a bump during the second half of Food and Wine if this is perceived as a way to enjoy F&W with lower crowds.

UNCgolf

Requiring a park pass reservation for that park that day to use the evening hours is kind of ridiculous. It would be much better from a customer standpoint to be able to go to other parks during the day then hop over there at night instead of having to spend at least the morning and early afternoon there as well as the evening hours.

fathomsbelow7

Requiring a park pass reservation for that park that day to use the evening hours is kind of ridiculous. It would be much better from a customer standpoint to be able to go to other parks during the day then hop over there at night instead of having to spend at least the morning and early afternoon there as well as the evening hours.
I don't see how they can continue to use the park pass reservation beyond Oct. 1st. People will have to switch reservation dates once the evening hours schedule is released for their vacation dates, and others may have to switch when the holiday evening party returns (unless the party ticket counts as a reservation). The reservation system is a mess that they need to get rid of soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom