News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
News on Early Entry (and Extended Evening Hours) -

"Just in time for the start of this magical celebration, on Oct. 1, we will be rolling out a new early theme park entry benefit for Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels, giving them the first chance to enjoy select attractions at EVERY theme park, EVERY day. These guests will also be among the first each day to see the dazzling decorations and EARidescent excitement. Guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same date for early theme park entry.

In addition, with the kickoff of the 50th anniversary, guests staying at one of our Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotels will also be able to enjoy extended evening hours on select nights in select theme parks. Extended evening hours will begin in early October with specific dates and parks to be shared at a later time, so please be sure to check back on DisneyWorld.com for the latest.

Please note that guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours. Or, guests may visit with a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option as long as they entered their first park where they made their reservation earlier in the day.

For both of these options, select attractions, merchandise and food and beverage locations will be available. Be sure to also bring your MagicBand, Disney MagicMobile pass or Key to the World card linked to your stay, or another form of Resort ID."

G00fyDad

In addition, with the kickoff of the 50th anniversary, guests staying at one of our Disney Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort hotels will also be able to enjoy extended evening hours on select nights in select theme parks. Extended evening hours will begin in early October with specific dates and parks to be shared at a later time, so please be sure to check back on DisneyWorld.com for the latest.

Good. That means those people will likely be sleeping in on those days to be able to "hang in there" at night for these evening hours. Less people at rope drop!! :)

sullyinMT

"Just in time for the start of this magical celebration, on Oct. 1, we will be rolling out a new early theme park entry benefit for Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels, giving them the first chance to enjoy select attractions at EVERY theme park, EVERY day. These guests will also be among the first each day to see the dazzling decorations and EARidescent excitement. Guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same date for early theme park entry.

Please note that guests will need a valid ticket or pass and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience extended evening hours. Or, guests may visit with a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option as long as they entered their first park where they made their reservation earlier in the day.

For both of these options, select attractions, merchandise and food and beverage locations will be available. Be sure to also bring your MagicBand, Disney MagicMobile pass or Key to the World card linked to your stay, or another form of Resort ID."

Watch the GF fill up now! Seriously, though, if extended evening hours are just for Deluxe Resort guests that's a much better number than ALL resort guests for shorter lines and some good empty park photo ops.

arich35

I hope this will include people who rent points!

sullyinMT

If they want to pay an extra $2k - $3k for eEMH then good for them. I'm not doing it. :)
I wouldn’t either. But I might rent some CR/BLT if I could walk to MK in the morning, take an afternoon nap, and walk back to an “empty” park for the evening hours. Same at the Epcot/HS walkable resorts.
Shoot, even a Riviera rental might be worth it at the right price if the Skyliner is running during the extra time.

Wendy Pleakley

Evening magic hours now just for the high paying guests? Can't say I love this, when it was previously available to all guests.

I will say Evening Magic Hours were not highly beneficial when open to all due to crowd levels, but the continued reduction of benefits to guests overall isn't great.

cmwade77

Good. That means those people will likely be sleeping in on those days to be able to "hang in there" at night for these evening hours. Less people at rope drop!! :)
Nope, we are DVC, what we did on this last trip is go in as early as possible, then midday take a break back at the room and then go in the evening. In other words, this would fit us perfectly to do both early entry and evening hours, especially since we have annual passes so we can park hop.

G00fyDad

Nope, we are DVC, what we did on this last trip is go in as early as possible, then midday take a break back at the room and then go in the evening. In other words, this would fit us perfectly to do both early entry and evening hours, especially since we have annual passes so we can park hop.
I guess but I wonder how many actually do that?

sullyinMT

Evening magic hours now just for the high paying guests? Can't say I love this, when it was previously available to all guests.

I will say Evening Magic Hours were not highly beneficial when open to all due to crowd levels, but the continued reduction of benefits to guests overall isn't great.
I certainly understand the sentiment. What this will do, probably by design honestly, is cause a family like ours to split stay. For a myriad of reasons, we prefer POFQ over any deluxe - at least for the price differences. But we might want a few late nights during our stay, and most deluxes are within our budget. So, we'd probably split our trip to take advantage of the benefit, even if was available to all before.
We aren't DVC, but I can't help but see this as a perk/benefit for them, as well.
This is a thinly veiled way to "force" higher occupancy of the (IMO) overpriced deluxe level resorts, but it makes business sense. It certainly won't be our Disney vacation death knell (not that I think that's what you're saying, either).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom