News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

pdude81

You would not happen to be associated with the Disney legal department? Would you?

I think it is ridiculous for an intelligent person to criticize a company over a clear policies that morons don’t bother to read. What more would you like Disney to do? Call the idiots personally?

Stupid people gonna stupid.

We can all debate the difference between:

Stupid, people gonna stupid.
Stupid people gonna, stupid.
and
Stupid people gonna stupid.

ToTBellHop

Very nice. All that said, the now renamed "Early Entry" is crap. Disney can and should do better. Just calling it as it is.
Sure. Universal’s offering is probably better and came back last summer! You won’t get an argument from me that the new offering is lame. But Disney isn’t duping anyone. On the contrary, they think there is such high demand for their resorts that this is enough.

Weather_Lady

Very nice. All that said, the now renamed "Early Entry" is crap. Disney can and should do better. Just calling it as it is.
I know. I never thought I'd see the day when guests at small, regional parks like Hersheypark (where onsite guests get a full hour of early entry daily), or even closer competitors like Universal (where onsite guests have an hour of early access to certain attractions in one or both parks daily) are all enjoying advantages that entirely eclipse Disney World's. But here we are.

ToTBellHop

I know. I never thought I'd see the day when guests at small, regional parks like Hersheypark (where onsite guests get a full hour of early entry daily), or even closer competitors like Universal (where onsite guests have an hour's early access to certain attractions in one or both parks daily) are all enjoying advantages that entirely eclipse Disney World's. But here we are.
No question. They need to beef up their on-site perks.

pdude81

If the new fastpass program resembles maxpass at all (in terms of when you can reserve a VQ spot or make selections), then any early entry takes on outsized importance. At DL you could set up a FP for RSR for park open, go on the ride an 2 others in the early entry window, then scan into the ride and grab a second FP before a fraction of day guests are even in the park. 30 minutes gives you less to work with, but I can't imagine this wasn't created in conjunction with whatever they are doing for line access moving forward.

I know there are likely to be upcharges for some of the new system, but there still may be a base offering that is cheap or free coupled with premium access.

Naplesgolfer

Sure. Universal’s offering is probably better and came back last summer! You won’t get an argument from me that the new offering is lame. But Disney isn’t duping anyone. On the contrary, they think there is such high demand for their resorts that this is enough.
This Disney Management's new work process slogan. "Just Enough " It should be embroidered on their shirts and crystal desk awards they give each other.

ToTBellHop

This Disney Management's new work process slogan. "Just Enough " It should be embroidered on their shirts and crystal desk awards they give each other.
I understand that will be on the new 50th name badges. It will also be the theme song of the celebration. Sung by a Disney Channel star who you vaguely recognize. It will both empower youth to believe they are “just enough” and tell their parents what to expect of their fabulous vacation.

wdwfan22

I understand that will be on the new 50th name badges. It will also be the theme song of the celebration. Sung by a Disney Channel star who you vaguely recognize. It will both empower youth to believe they are “just enough” and tell their parents what to expect of their fabulous vacation.
Actually they are not even going to spring for the Disney Channel star this time around. They are going with a local Florida band who is looking for work.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Actually they are not even going to spring for the Disney Channel star this time around. They are going with a local Florida band who is looking for work.
Don't worry, I know that band they hired. In genre, their music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychadelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to their musics success than the production is the lyrics and themes. They sing with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.

danv3

I understand that all the parks are essentially opening 30+ minutes early (before official opening time) right now. Are they just going to make that on-property guests only in the future? Or allow on property guests in even earlier than the unofficial opening time? Or will the early entry effectively be a continuation of what's already in place?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom