News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

nickys

Premium Member
Letting people through the gates and starting rides running are two very different things.

A few rides may start running early. Early entry guests will always be allowed into the park before the “early entry” period officially starts.

ToTBellHop

Letting people through the gates and starting rides running are two very different things.

A few rides may start running early. Early entry guests will always be allowed into the park before the “early entry” period officially starts.
Is that true everywhere? I was held at a rope into Tomorrowland until 8:30 am in October. Has that changed?

Letting guests physically queue up prior to the announced time is really important info to have. During a busy week, RotR could easily have an hour wait by 8:30. This early entry is the best time for resort guests to get in the ILL rides without paying.

nickys

Premium Member
Is that true everywhere? I was held at a rope into Tomorrowland until 8:30 am in October. Has that changed?

Letting guests physically queue up prior to the announced time is really important info to have. During a busy week, RotR could easily have an hour wait by 8:30. This early entry is the best time for resort guests to get in the ILL rides without paying.
You asked about parks opening and I did that was different to opening rides. Now I’m not sure what you’re asking. 😁

At MK everyone gets in early. Non resort guests wait at the Hub, resort guests get further in. As far as I know MK then has a further two checkpoints, one for Tomorrowland and one for Fantasyland. And those do drop on the dot afaik.

DisneyDreamer08

I was there a few weeks ago. In DHS and AK, we were allowed to queue up at our desired ride but the ride didn’t start running until the exact opening time. I went to DHS two days for early entry but queued up at Slinky one day and MMRR the other so I can’t speak for RotR. At MK, I was held on the Tomorrowland bridge until exactly 8:30. And in Epcot, we were held off to the side of Spaceship Earth, sort of next to the Seas. I was rope dropping Soarin’.

ToTBellHop

You asked about parks opening and I did that was different to opening rides. Now I’m not sure what you’re asking. 😁

At MK everyone gets in early. Non resort guests wait at the Hub, resort guests get further in. As far as I know MK then has a further two checkpoints, one for Tomorrowland and one for Fantasyland. And those do drop on the dot afaik.
Asking when guests actually get in line for rides at each park. That informs my decision on when to arrive. I’m aware the ticketing gates open early. Nothing new there.

ToTBellHop

I was there a few weeks ago. In DHS and AK, we were allowed to queue up at our desired ride but the ride didn’t start running until the exact opening time. I went to DHS two days for early entry but queued up at Slinky one day and MMRR the other so I can’t speak for RotR. At MK, I was held on the Tomorrowland bridge until exactly 8:30. And in Epcot, we were held off to the side of Spaceship Earth, sort of next to the Seas. I was rope dropping Soarin’.
Thank you. Epcot was right at 9:30 that the rope dropped?

Touchdown

Pre opening at DHS:

Entire park opens for EE guests 30 min prior to EE beginning, with the exception of Rise you go queue for your ride of choice by the enterance. Rise sometimes gets cute and informs you “the ride is not open” and “there is no queue” and expects you to leave the area, don’t. Find a place to sit down near the entrance and wait 10-15 min until they decide to start a queue.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Slight change in the schedule in May - MK moves to May 17th instead of Wednesday, May 18th.

Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 4.16.52 PM.png

Our next trip is not until the first week in August. I know anything is possible. However, is there any indication/reason to believe that the Extended Evening Hours will be discontinued any time soon?

Diamond Dot

When I was at WDW DHS and EPCOT opened in it's entirety for the early morning guests. MK only opened Tomorrowland and Fantasy land early, the rest of the park was not accessible to early morning guests. I didn't do an early morning at AK, so I don't know about that park.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Cosmic Rewind has been added to the list of attractions open during Extended Evening Hours -

Screen Shot 2022-05-17 at 2.06.16 PM.png

Here is how it works - you will need to join a Virtual Queue at 6pm.

"Registered guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels will have an additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue at 6 p.m. on select dates during extended evening theme park hours. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time. "

pdude81

Cosmic Rewind has been added to the list of attractions open during Extended Evening Hours -

View attachment 639281

Here is how it works - you will need to join a Virtual Queue at 6pm.

"Registered guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort or other select hotels will have an additional opportunity to request to join the virtual queue at 6 p.m. on select dates during extended evening theme park hours. Guests with this benefit do not need to be in EPCOT to request to join at that time. "

A little weird but ok!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom