News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

Ayla

Quick question and I am sure it has been addressed here but...... please have mercy on me.

So my DH, kids and I are staying at a local Airbnb. My father recently decided to join us on our trip and is using his points to stay in a disney good neighbor hotel (that is on the list of hotels that offer the early entry perk).

Can my entire family use his hotel reservation (since our party is linked for reservations and Genie+) to get into the parks early?
No.

Wendy Pleakley

Quick question and I am sure it has been addressed here but...... please have mercy on me.

So my DH, kids and I are staying at a local Airbnb. My father recently decided to join us on our trip and is using his points to stay in a disney good neighbor hotel (that is on the list of hotels that offer the early entry perk).

Can my entire family use his hotel reservation (since our party is linked for reservations and Genie+) to get into the parks early?

Whatever your father is paying for his hotel entitles him to have a certain number of guests on his reservation, and those guests are entitled to early entry.

If he can add all of you as his guests, you can do this.

People will debate the ethics of this. Does it go against the spirit of the Early Entry rules? Maybe? At the same time, he's paying for it and adding up to x number of people to the room reservation is allowed.

I can see where people consider this to be a grey area, but I personally think it's fine.

corsairk09

Whatever your father is paying for his hotel entitles him to have a certain number of guests on his reservation, and those guests are entitled to early entry.

People will debate the ethics of this. Does it go against the spirit of the Early Entry rules? Maybe? At the same time, he's paying for it and adding up to x number of people to the room reservation is allowed.

I can see where people consider this to be a grey area, but I personally think it's fine.
Probably would be more trouble than its worth if we are going to rope drop anyways.

Thanks for the info!

Muffinpants

Question- has anyone successfully done two big rides in the 30 minutes? Like Space and 7 Dwarfs? Or Slinky and Runaway Railway?
We did ToT and MMRW. it really stinks because at 8:30 they let you walk to the attraction than by the time your on it and ride it the 30 min is almost over. We were the first ppl to ride ToT and it took us 10 min to walk slowly behind the cms and than the video in the room and board.. got on MMRW right befor everyone else was able to enter the park.

nickys

Premium Member
Question- has anyone successfully done two big rides in the 30 minutes? Like Space and 7 Dwarfs? Or Slinky and Runaway Railway?
At AK it is possible to do FoP and Everest. And then within the first hour rode EE again, and walked onto Safari to near the front of the line.

Now that’s being at the front of the early hours crowd, so arriving at least 90 minutes before park opening.

I’ve also seen MF:SR, RNR and then ToT with no wait.

Not sure about Soace and 7dmt, but certainly 7dmt, PP and then ready at the rope for HM or the other rides when those lands opened up.

DisneyDreamer08

We did ToT and MMRW. it really stinks because at 8:30 they let you walk to the attraction than by the time your on it and ride it the 30 min is almost over. We were the first ppl to ride ToT and it took us 10 min to walk slowly behind the cms and than the video in the room and board.. got on MMRW right befor everyone else was able to enter the park.
Good point about pre- shows. That’s why I’m thinking rope drop Slinky then to Runaway Railway. Should be on and off Slinky pretty quick 🤷🏻‍♀️

doctornick

This. If your father's reservation allows for enough people in the room for the entire party, then add them to the reservation and you are good to go. I agree that is is kinda a gray area but it is within the entitlement of the room he is paying for, so I personally think it is fine.

If his room does not allow for the full number of guests for your party, then you would not be allowed to utilize the early entry. In theory, you could add as many guests as the room allows, but since that might split your party, probably not worth it.

Purduevian

Might also need to be listed on his hotel reservation and linked to MDE, which might not work depending on how many people would be allowed in your father's room. On site hotels typically have a maximum occupancy but not sure how it works with linked good neighbor hotels.

I believe the answer is that you're not allowed to do this, but if you link things correctly you probably can.

It would depend on the park and the CMs.

DHS and certainly the IG at Epcot only allow resort guests to enter the park early enough to benefit fully from the extended hours.

You might get away with it but chances are you wouldn’t.

Not to mention the extended hours are for those gussets staying onsite or at certain other hotels. Now of the Dad can add them all to his room reservation, then fair enough.

Trying to think of how it all worked (didn't do AK). Everyone was allowed into Main Street. I scanned my Magic band (with a room linked with only 4 people) on the bridge to Tomorrow land and said I was with 6 other people. We were all let in and no one else scanned.
At EPCOT we walked through IG, once again I scanned right before the bridge and all 7 of us were let through without anyone else scanning.

I think at DHS they were only allowing resort guests into certain gates, so at that gate I think you would get stuck.

Edit: for Ethics, we were all staying at the Swan in 3 separate rooms, so I wasn't trying to cheat the system. Just stating that it probably is possible and is probably done.

Last edited:

Muffinpants

Have there been reports how Magic Kingdom has been with extended hours? Lines been short for every ride?
we went to magic hours last week and we showed up right at 8pm ran past the ppl watching the fireworks went Pirates>Big Thunder>Haunted mansion >Space mountain>Buz >Little mermaid than left at 10:30. 7dwarfs was always a 70 min wait not matter what, so we skipped it. Lines we short but not really since everyone in the park was still in line at 9:30 with regualr park tickets by getting in line befor close. This was evedent when fireworks ended we were jsut getting into the HM line and it was 35min long right at 9 and it took abour 45 min to get done.

arich35

we went to magic hours last week and we showed up right at 8pm ran past the ppl watching the fireworks went Pirates>Big Thunder>Haunted mansion >Space mountain>Buz >Little mermaid than left at 10:30. 7dwarfs was always a 70 min wait not matter what, so we skipped it. Lines we short but not really since everyone in the park was still in line at 9:30 with regualr park tickets by getting in line befor close.
Seems like Seven Dwarfs would be best to do about when you left or a few minutes before 11.

Touchdown

A 70 min wait for SDMT with no LL running would be out of its queue and around to beyond Mermaid. If it’s a full queue it’s no more then 45 min.

doctornick

SDD and RnRC
FoP and EE
Test Track and FEA
Space and Peter Pan (after Astro Orbiter)
A lot of those would depend on the mobility of the group given the distances between rides. I could see myself doing those combos if it is just myself and my kids, but at my slow moving parents and… nope it would probably take them 20 minutes just to walk from Pandora to Everest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom