News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

JAB

All this discussion of rope-dropping rides that are typically uncrowded all day makes me think of a video Touring Plans did on the effect that just a few minutes has on rope-dropping headliners where, while on his way to 7DMT, @lentesta walks past people rope-dropping the teacups and says, "You live your best life, Mad Tea Partiers!".

Gran Fiesta

I don't know if this is the correct thread for this but I feel like it applies. Can you rope drop the back entrance of Epcot if you stay at Beach club resort? If so then how does that work since your starting in the countries? Thanks!

nickys

Premium Member
I don't know if this is the correct thread for this but I feel like it applies. Can you rope drop the back entrance of Epcot if you stay at Beach club resort? If so then how does that work since your starting in the countries? Thanks!
Yes you can.

They let onsite guests in and hold them somewhere between the U.K. and Canada until they can head for the rides.

Gran Fiesta

Yes you can.

They let onsite guests in and hold them somewhere between the U.K. and Canada until they can head for the rides.
Thank you! Another thing I'm wondering is when GOTG opens, I'm assuming they make GOTG a VQ and then make Remys a standby. I wonder how that will work for the back entrance of Epcot for rope drop since Remys is literally RIGHT there.

pdude81

Thank you! Another thing I'm wondering is when GOTG opens, I'm assuming they make GOTG a VQ and then make Remys a standby. I wonder how that will work for the back entrance of Epcot for rope drop since Remys is literally RIGHT there.
It's unclear if Remy will remain VQ when genie launches. I think we've seen some speculation that it drops to standby and IAS when Genie arrives. If that's been cleared up since, I'm sure someone will correct me in short order.

ToTBellHop

I’ll tell you what, I was super irritated with how they opened Astro Orbitor (every time we try to ride early, they take their sweet time opening up so we stand outside the elevator for 20 min while people sprint into Space Mtn.), but we had a great time. At least we weren’t standing in that queue for an hour in the sun like some people. Yuck.

I tell myself, “one day they’ll feel too cool for this.”

corsairk09

Quick question and I am sure it has been addressed here but...... please have mercy on me.

So my DH, kids and I are staying at a local Airbnb. My father recently decided to join us on our trip and is using his points to stay in a disney good neighbor hotel (that is on the list of hotels that offer the early entry perk).

Can my entire family use his hotel reservation (since our party is linked for reservations and Genie+) to get into the parks early?

Purduevian

Quick question and I am sure it has been addressed here but...... please have mercy on me.

So my DH, kids and I are staying at a local Airbnb. My father recently decided to join us on our trip and is using his points to stay in a disney good neighbor hotel (that is on the list of hotels that offer the early entry perk).

Can my entire family use his hotel reservation (since our party is linked for reservations and Genie+) to get into the parks early?
By the rules? No I don't believe so.

In practice? Yes, I just got back from WDW and they scan 1 person's ticket/magic band and ask how many people are in the party. Then they let all of them through without scanning anyone else.

pdude81

In practice? Yes, I just got back from WDW and they scan 1 person's ticket/magic band and ask how many people are in the party. Then they let all of them through without scanning anyone else.
Might also need to be listed on his hotel reservation and linked to MDE, which might not work depending on how many people would be allowed in your father's room. On site hotels typically have a maximum occupancy but not sure how it works with linked good neighbor hotels.

I believe the answer is that you're not allowed to do this, but if you link things correctly you probably can.

nickys

Premium Member

It would depend on the park and the CMs.

DHS and certainly the IG at Epcot only allow resort guests to enter the park early enough to benefit fully from the extended hours.

You might get away with it but chances are you wouldn’t.

Not to mention the extended hours are for those gussets staying onsite or at certain other hotels. Now of the Dad can add them all to his room reservation, then fair enough.

ToTBellHop

I just forwarded your profile pic to Disney Security. Suffice it to say, Cinderella will NOT be allowed to sneak past security. They’re on to you and your life of crime! We will see how many wishes your heart can make when your feet are bolted down in small world!
1634832678165.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom