News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

jinx8402

Let's think this through for a minute. On 10/5, I'm going to the Boo Bash. After a Boma breakfast, my plan is to drive to the TTC and take the monorail to spend the day at Epcot before returning by monorail for the Boo Bash that night with close access to my car. There is no law that says you can't park at HS before taking the Skyliner to Epcot so that you can enter through the IG to ride Rat. As for the numbers, I don't know. But that is a way for non-resort guests to enter IG.
Sure, which is why my comment was there aren't many people doing that. I would venture to guess a vast majority of IG entrants are Boardwalk and Skyliner resort guests. I never said there should/would be NO off-site guests.

JohnD

Sure, which is why my comment was there aren't many people doing that. I would venture to guess a vast majority of IG entrants are Boardwalk and Skyliner resort guests. I never said there should/would be NO off-site guests.

Well, depending on my VQ boarding group, I might just do that option myself.

JohnD

Leaving car at the TTC makes sense, but if you mean leaving it at DHS until after the Boo Bash I'd be concerned about those logistics.
No. That was for comparison's sake. I'm parking at TTC for Boo Bash on 10/5. My full Epcot day is on 10/2. I would park at HS depending on my VQ boarding group.

pdude81

No. That was for comparison's sake. I'm parking at TTC for Boo Bash on 10/5. My full Epcot day is on 10/2. I would park at HS depending on my VQ boarding group.
Ok, gotcha. Just keep in mind that they might stop running the DHS line of the skyliner an hour after that park closes, even though the skyliner at Epcot would be running after Harmonious. Walking would remain an option though. That's if you even were staying until epcot close

G00fyDad

Running RotR during early entry hours will also be better for offsite guests. They’ll still have a wait but the line will be moving and at least some guests will have already ridden.

Otherwise they’ll be joining a static line with even more people ahead of them.

Unless I purchase the IAS (which I will). I hate this more than I can even articulate but this land is the very reason we are even going again so I do not plan on waiting in lines more than absolutely necessary. It will be a November 2022 trip so I doubt lines will be as big of a deal anyway.

UNCgolf

I know it seems very short, and obviously an hour would be better. But certainly yesterday the reports I saw were mostly positive (with a couple of SNAFUs). But in terms of being able to get on rides with no waits AK, DHS both sounded great.
At AK friends did FoP, Navii, EE and Dino with no wait in the first hour (30 mins EMH plus the next 30 mins). At DHS, Rise was a walk on. And someone else did MFSR, ToT and RNR all as walk ons, again in an hour.

This is also when the number of visitors is as low as its been in years, though. Some of the resorts aren't even open yet, and they're certainly not sold out.

I'm more interested in seeing what it looks like once everything is back to regular crowd levels. I also still think the entrances are going to regularly be a mess with the 30 minute window because there will be so much overlap with off-site guests arriving and waiting to get in.

nickys

Premium Member
I

I was at the IG at 10:20. There was no off-site crowd.
So I’m intrigued as to what happened when you arrived. Did you ask if there was a line for early entry for resort guests? I can see why someone may have thought you were an offsite guest arriving a little early. You said they had a security person there, did he / she give a reason they weren’t letting you in?

nickys

Premium Member
This is also when the number of visitors is as low as its been in years, though. Some of the resorts aren't even open yet, and they're certainly not sold out.

I'm more interested in seeing what it looks like once everything is back to regular crowd levels. I also still think the entrances are going to regularly be a mess with the 30 minute window because there will be so much overlap with off-site guests arriving and waiting to get in.
Agreed with the crowds and waiting to see what it looks like in a couple of weeks or so.

But as long as they have the separate entry lines it should work OK. They ran with EMH for years before Covid, this is just the same. They need to get the new CMs trained to deal with it, and some communication issues resolved.

Sound like MK and AK went well.

There was an issue at DHS inside where those waiting for MFSR were told to line up for TSL but weren’t allowed into GE “because they were waiting for the crowd”. Seems like the CMs on that side hadn’t realised all the Rise people were entering via the tunnel.

And some onsite guests seem to have been held outside the IG. Not sure what happened there though, because many people were waiting inside for an hour.

Kevin_W

Ah how quickly we forget trying to leave Magic Kingdom on a parade night. Has it really been five years?

YMMV, of course, but I find the morning rope drop to be worse. At the end of the day, I'm not particularly in an hurry to leave the park whereas in the morning people are tense and itching to get to that first attraction. Plus, the sun is down and it's generally cooler after teh night parade.

But thinking about that - man, does it make me miss having a night parade. My google photos memories popped up just yesterday of my DD's first trip to WDW in 2011. I have a picture of her in her stroller clapping and waving to Cinderella as she went by in the MSEP that I love.

trentino

The Disney World website lists Extended Evening Hours for Deluxe Resort guests as starting tonight at the Magic Kingdom and occurring each night this week at MK. Is this a typo or did the Evening Hours also start today?

1632800015385.png

Disney Dad 3000

I will say AK (for on site guests) will likely be one that won't be much different using time of year comparison's with how early it opens compared to the other parks. I finished FOP, Dino, EE (3 times), Kali and Safari by around 1015 in July when it was much busier than it has been recently. This is about what I could do pre-Covid with a similar hours set up, though instead cycling each of the rides once (getting in Navi, Triceratops and WE Train by 1030 or so).

I do agree though, MK/DHS/Epcot will be super interesting to see how that 30 min shakes out with crowd levels. Inevitably there will be varying degrees of success depending on how close to the actual rope you are. MK is one no matter time of year, if you are on the first train or two for 7D, I could see you being able to hit it, Peter Pan, and just make entering the Space Mt line before 9am open.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Pardon my ignorance, but if I'm checking in the same day I plan to go to early entry, is that possible? Since check-in isn't until 3PM or 4PM, if I show up to the the park for early entry, will I denied?

Thanks in advance!

pdude81

Pardon my ignorance, but if I'm checking in the same day I plan to go to early entry, is that possible? Since check-in isn't until 3PM or 4PM, if I show up to the the park for early entry, will I denied?

Thanks in advance!
I'd guess you need to do online (or in person) check in early enough, and set your arrival time to be before those hours. You would be able to show someone at the gate your reservation in MDE for that hotel, so I'd think that should suffice. Not an official take here but you're supposed to be able to use amenities as soon as you check in, even if your room isn't ready.

For example, you used to be able to use dining plan on your MB as soon as you check in, and access any other hotel amenities (or scan into pool gates).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom