Early morning transportation from hotel to MK

EXT

Original Poster
We are considering taking the "Magic Behind the Steam Trains" tour. I understand that we will be expected to arrive at the Magic Kingdom entrance at about 7:00am or earlier to start the tour. Nowhere can I find what time transportation in WDW starts as I need to get from the Wilderness Lodge to the MK entrance.

Has anyone done this tour and how did you get from your hotel to the starting point?

EXT

Original Poster
Rather than leaving it to the last minute when I am checked in, I would prefer to know my options prior to arriving. I am now just in the planning and budgeting stage and would like to hear experiences from others that have needed such early transportation from the Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom before it opens.

Monorail Lime

Your best bet is to take a taxi to the Contemporary Resort and walk to Magic Kingdom. Disney transportation, even if it starts running at 7 am that morning, is not guaranteed to get you to the front entrance of MK by the tour check-in time. The cab fare should be under $10 and the valet desk at your resort can take care of the arrangements.

CaptainShortty

The fastest and most efficient way as said above is to take a taxi to the Contemporary and walk to MK from there. That being said, you CAN get on the Magic Kingdom character breakfast bus which is used for those that are eating a character breakfast before the buses begin running for the parks. Check with the front desk to see what time the bus picks up at your hotel as it varies depending on the resort. Hope that helps!

CleveRocks

Disney Transport buses start running around 6:30 a.m. every day of the year. That being said, there's no guarantee that the first bus will be right at 6:30 and get you to the MK in more than enough time, so I agree with the taxi idea.

When it comes to Disney Transport questions, the resort cast members will not be very helpful. What I mean is, they will try to be helpful, but they often just don't know the right answers. ALWAYS ask a bus driver/monorail pilot/boat captain ... they are the ones who truly will know.

And the reverse is true, too ... if you have any resort or theme park questions, DON'T ask the bus drivers. Disney does a poor job of cross-training its cast members. If it's not part of their job, chances are they don't know it.

scpergj

Good to know about the busses, but how about driving? Is parking open at the TTC at that time...and is there transportation from there to the MK?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom