Early Morning or Late Nights?

Mot

Both.... I like to open the parks and I am a regular closing Queen... I figure I can sleep when I get home! :)
I must say we do the same thing. We find that at MK, if you hit the rope drop, you can accomplish almost every ride that typically has a long wait before it gets crowed.we also like the extremely light crowds and atmosphere at night. My daughter and her friends at one point were allowed to stay on SM numerous time because of no one was waiting.

James Clifton

Sgt.
"HOW".....can you be retired from the Military & not get up at o-dark-thirty 4am??I retired from the Power Co.almost two yrs.ago & I STILL wake up at 4am!!Doesn't matter what time I go to bed....my eyes come open at 4am 7 I never use an alarm clock!
Jim

powlessfamily4

I must say we do the same thing. We find that at MK, if you hit the rope drop, you can accomplish almost every ride that typically has a long wait before it gets crowed.we also like the extremely light crowds and atmosphere at night. My daughter and her friends at one point were allowed to stay on SM numerous time because of no one was waiting.

I agree! We have knocked out all of the Fantasyland rides by 10:00 AM by being at rope drop on a slow day. It sets the pace for a great rest of the day because you have accomplished so many things you wanted to do early. I always say there is nothing like MK at night especially during EMH. One of my familys favorite things to do is to get a hot dog at Caseys on our way out of the park during EMH. The park is virtually empty and the staff is very friendly. We are usually able to get the table by the back door so we can wait for the Kiss good night. I just love Disney after midnight!!

AceGizmoBoy

There's nothing like the late-night magic hours. The crowds cease and you are given the opportunity to really take in the beauty of the parks. You get to experience everything on a more personal level, especially if you stay there until the late magic hours end. Also, the lighting of the park at night just adds to the aesthetic atmosphere. It's all so beautiful, and without the crowds there, you can take a moment to just stand there, and truly take it all in.

Benjamin Linus

Definitely a late night owl. Disney just seems more magical for me at night. When the parks are not quite so hot, its generally quieter since a lot of younger families go home but best of all I just think the themeing is just plane better at night. I especially love tomorrow land at night.

Big Thunder Mountain at night is another must ride, and really adds to the thrill level and splash mountain at night is way better than during the day especially since the ques die down as nobody wants to get soaked at 2am... Well apart from me ;)

ddbowdoin

BOTH!

We like to get up early, hit rope drop and get a lot out of the way... an early lunch to beat the rush and then we might go back, swin and shower up, maybe a few hours back at the resort, and then off to spend the rest of the night away.

of course, this all depends on how long my stay is... my 12 day honeymoon was beyond epic, I wish EVERY trip could be that long. I did EVERYTHING at a nice pace, no rushing... and only stress was from the hoards of brasilians.

my upcoming trip is only a week, so we have to rush a little more.

ddbowdoin

There's nothing like the late-night magic hours. The crowds cease and you are given the opportunity to really take in the beauty of the parks. You get to experience everything on a more personal level, especially if you stay there until the late magic hours end. Also, the lighting of the park at night just adds to the aesthetic atmosphere. It's all so beautiful, and without the crowds there, you can take a moment to just stand there, and truly take it all in.

in our trip in March of 2011, we had a 3AM MK night.... WOW, it was downright amazing. I was literally dozing off in line of Space but well worth it. My feet were destroyed, even with good sneakers. We pulled a 10AM to 3AM park day, on our first day!

KCheatle

We are definitely morning people at Disney!! Our kids are up at 6:00 am in Nebraska, so 7:00 am in Florida - so we can usually comfortably wake up, have breakfast and hit the parks for rope drop. But, we also come back for nap at about 1-2pm go back out and stay until about 10-11 pm. We tried staying later at MK once, but my 6yo daughter just passed out on my DH's shoulders, so we did a 180 and hit the boat for WL - but like clockwork, she was back up at 7am the next morning for Epcot - she's a trooper! :)

AceGizmoBoy

in our trip in March of 2011, we had a 3AM MK night.... WOW, it was downright amazing. I was literally dozing off in line of Space but well worth it. My feet were destroyed, even with good sneakers. We pulled a 10AM to 3AM park day, on our first day!
A 15 hour day is rather impressive! It's so easy to lose track of time when you're spending time in one of the parks, so i'm sure you didn't even comprehend the amount of time you had spent in the park until your feet were screaming back at the resort. Haha.

ddbowdoin

A 15 hour day is rather impressive! It's so easy to lose track of time when you're spending time in one of the parks, so i'm sure you didn't even comprehend the amount of time you had spent in the park until your feet were screaming back at the resort. Haha.

oh yeah, for sure! We went down her parents and they were LONG in bed. We had to quietly stumble back to the room, we shared a room to cut cost for ourselves.

It's amazing, we saw it as being a true trooper! Funny thing is, next morning we're awake at 7AM. It doesn't matter when we go to sleep we are early risers.

AceGizmoBoy

I totally agree. The excitement of Disney introduces an entire new level of insomnia it seems. Late to bed and up early. I'm sure everyone can agree with that. :)

copcarguyp71

This was the first year our DD had enough fortitude to utilize evening EMH and we loved it. She was an absolute juggernaut! Six hours of sleep is enough for any serious WDW traveler!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom