Early March Crowds

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
Hello all, I just booked a spontaneous trip from March 9th to the 17th. I know this is around spring break, but I was wondering if any of you have experience with the crowds around this time?

Tooning

We went from the 2nd to 16th the last 4 years and it is light to medium crowds it seemed to get worse the later in the month it got and last year was the cheerleading competition which sucked but I love going that time of year. Weather was chilly this year but usually weather is awesome. Can't Go this year in March but that is when we are planning to go again in 2012.

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
Thanks for the input, I figured the crowds would get a little thicker as my trip goes on with spring break getting closer. The first time I went to WDW was around this time but I was 13 years old, and it was my first trip so I never paid any attention to crowds haha.

MickeyMitch

MUTZIE77, I went to WDW about the same days last year. I have to say it was one of the most amazing trips I've ever had in my hundred+ ventures.

I didn't wait in one line the entire time (at the most 5 minutes.) I was dumbfounded.

While the weather wasn't spectacular (it rained quite a bit,) I couldn't of cared less on my college spring break! I hope you have fun!

Mikester71

You will be overlapping Canadian Spring Breaks on your trip, and as someone who has been and is going again this year during it, expect heavy crowds. Personally, I have only been during our Spring Break up here (3rd week in March) so have little to compare it to. But I have several friends who have been other times during the year and when they look at all my vacation photos, they can't believe how packed the parks are.

I still love going during this time of year though and actually don't mind the crowds at all. Use Fast Pass and EMH and you should be alright. Of course after saying that, I have YET to even ride Toy Story Mania due to over 200 minute stand by lines and no Fast Passes being available by 10am in the morning during our March 2009 Spring Break trip.

Have fun! :wave:

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
I still love going during this time of year though and actually don't mind the crowds at all. Use Fast Pass and EMH and you should be alright. Of course after saying that, I have YET to even ride Toy Story Mania due to over 200 minute stand by lines and no Fast Passes being available by 10am in the morning during our March 2009 Spring Break trip.

Have fun! :wave:

On my trip in October my group got the last 4 fastpasses for the day at 9am with a return time of 8pm! its absolutely crazy back there

Mikester71

On my trip in October my group got the last 4 fastpasses for the day at 9am with a return time of 8pm! its absolutely crazy back there

That IS crazy! :hammer:I am hoping to finally experience it this trip, but wonder...is it really worth the crazy wait times??? :shrug:

bgraham34

That IS crazy! :hammer:I am hoping to finally experience it this trip, but wonder...is it really worth the crazy wait times??? :shrug:

Honestly just get there when the park opens and wait on the line, it will probably be 30-45 minutes but just get there right away.

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
Honestly just get there when the park opens and wait on the line, it will probably be 30-45 minutes but just get there right away.

Yep, get there by rope drop and head straight back there. I would get a fastpass and then get in line, that way you can ride again later when the wait time is 140 minutes.

draybook

We're going to be there for the cheer competition and we're doing Disney the week after(21st-25th), so I'll let you know how the crowds are. I'm expecting heavy, which does not make me or my wife very happy.

BeachClubNut

Hello all, I just booked a spontaneous trip from March 9th to the 17th. I know this is around spring break, but I was wondering if any of you have experience with the crowds around this time?

Last year there from 10th to 18th according to Touringplans.com it was suppose to be 6 and 7s at most while there got an email from Touring plans 2 of the days were changed to 9m 2 changed to 10s we were miserable it was way to busy spent most of our time at The Beach Club Resort as the crowds were terrible. It was full of Spring Breakers who were drinking around the world and obnoxious. We will never go in March again, going Feb 1 to 9th this year instead.

inluvwithbeast

My last trip was in 09 during the second week of March. My family was actually pleasantly surprised. We came expecting big spring break crowds, but they were actually the lightest we've ever experienced! (Of course, grain of salt here. The only other times we've been were the first/second week of June, PLUS the recession had just hit a lot of people pretty hard) We waited in very few lines and the weather was WONDERFUL. Just a bit nippy in the morning, but absolute paradise during the rest of the day. It got a bit steamy around 2-3pm but then things cooled down quickly and it was comfortable again.

Sometimes I think that crowds can actually be a subjective issue. My family sees the crowds on the first/second week of June as normal. Others might see them as heavy.

Really it's just one of those factors that you ultimately cannot control.

Mikester71

Last year there from 10th to 18th according to Touringplans.com it was suppose to be 6 and 7s at most while there got an email from Touring plans 2 of the days were changed to 9m 2 changed to 10s we were miserable it was way to busy spent most of our time at The Beach Club Resort as the crowds were terrible. It was full of Spring Breakers who were drinking around the world and obnoxious. We will never go in March again, going Feb 1 to 9th this year instead.

You would have been there during most (not all) of Canada's Spring Break, which I keep trying to tell people on this site, should not be underestimated when trying to gauge crowd numbers. Although I have only been to WDW three times, all have been during our Spring Break up here and as I have stated a few times before on here, the parks have been INSANELY busy all three times! I have even had to resort to booking my room in Georgia, where we stop for the night on our drive down, a few months in advance due to not being able to find a vacant room for miles our first year thanks to all my fellow Canadians booking them before me. Live and learn I guess. :p :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom