Early Living Seas musings...

Grim Grinner

Original Poster
Right when Epcot opened up, my family recieved a book from Disney citing all of the rides that would be featured at the park and pictures of all of the rides.

As a kid, I remember looking at the artwork that portrayed the Living Seas (for it came much later than the Epcot opening), and saw pictures of all of the submarines and divers.

A few years later, when I got to go again, I immediately ran towards where Living Seas was. With trepidation I awaited the ride in the Hydrolators, expecting to have to don a wetsuit, or to board a submarine to see all of the sea creatures...

Alas, the real exhibit didn't live up to my expectations, however it did capture my imagination unlike any other ride. Although all of the Epcot exhibits spurred my youthful mind into flights of fancy, none had the same effect as this exhibit.

I got to spend a fair amount of time in it the last time I was there, taking the time to soak up the little details that seemed so fleeting when I was a kid. I really got the feeling that Disney was letting this ride go.

When I read here that the cars were gone and sections walled off, I seriously began to wonder how long this once mighty exhibit will stand.

Wow! I really rambled here.... Oops. Was the Living Seas what you expected?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I like the living seas, and I see the removal of the omnimovers as a good thing. It'll allow people to walk through that long corridor and really enjoy the scenery a little more slowly.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I think it'll be nice to take your time going by the windows where the omnimover used to be. It'll also help to spread out the crowd more.

The omnimovers concept was brilliant, but the problem was that it was way too short. Having people walk through this area will be much more lasting and provide an excellent opportunity to view the "fishies" as my nephew calls them. :)

TinkerBell

The last time we went to EPCOT and thru The Living Seas The ride was gone, but it did not take away from my enjoyment of this pavilion. It has always been one of my favorites, I could spend several hours there. This is one attraction, where removing the ride doesn't detract from the theme. I still love it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom