News Early Entry and package delivery returning for Disneyland Resort guests

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
"Later this summer, guests of the Disneyland Resort hotels can look forward to the ability to send select theme park purchases back to their resort hotel.

Last but certainly not least, we’re getting ready to offer early entry access, where guests staying at one of our Disneyland Resort hotels can be among the first to enter and begin enjoying select theme park attractions and experiences beginning later this summer."

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has announced the return date for Early Entry and package delivery - August 8th.

Early Entry: Get a jump start on your day! Beginning Aug. 8, 2022, Disneyland Resort Hotel guests will be able to enjoy Early Entry for 30 minutes prior to each park’s opening, daily, to enjoy select attractions, dining and shopping

Package Delivery: Available beginning Aug. 8, 2022, the treasures you’ve purchased during your visit in the parks can be delivered to your Disneyland Resort Hotel the next day. Plus, you can even charge select Disneyland Resort shopping and dining purchases right to your room through the Disneyland app.

Also announced as coming soon - Preferred Dine Access.

Preferred Dine Access will offer you, as a Disneyland Resort Hotel guest, the opportunity to have preferred access to a limited number of reservations at select hotel table service restaurants during the dates of your hotel stay. Stay tuned for more details!

Last edited:

waltography

Looks like they're replicating most of the system at WDW given the changes from the previous Magic Morning system (only hotel guests, both parks open 30 minutes early vs. hotel guests + multi-day tickets, one park open 1 hour early on any given day).

PiratesMansion

RIP Magic Morning, & RIP rope dropping Peter Pan for anyone not staying at a Disney hotel, at least in theory.

THAT SAID, a sizeable contingent of those utilizing that pre-opening hour at Disneyland pre-pandemic were NOT Disney hotel guests, so perhaps it won't be that bad?

djlaosc

RIP Magic Morning, & RIP rope dropping Peter Pan for anyone not staying at a Disney hotel, at least in theory.

THAT SAID, a sizeable contingent of those utilizing that pre-opening hour at Disneyland pre-pandemic were NOT Disney hotel guests, so perhaps it won't be that bad?

According to the Disneyland website, Peter Pan is not open for the early entry period itself, so technically everyone will be aiming for the park open time, the guests staying on site will just get a slight head start by already being in the park.

Rise of the Resistance and Radiator Springs Racers are also not open (which is a shame - if you are staying onsite, are you just supposed to stand outside these for the 30 minutes so you don't have to pay for the Individual Attraction Selection?)

During early entry admission, enjoy the following offerings.

Disneyland Park Attractions

• Alice in Wonderland
  • Astro Orbitor
  • Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • Disneyland Monorail
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • King Arthur Carrousel
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
  • Pinocchio’s Daring Journey
  • Snow White’s Enchanted Wish
  • Space Mountain
  • Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
Disneyland Park Dining and Shopping

• Fantasyland Fruit Cart
  • Galactic Grill
  • Guide II
  • Esplanade Stroller Shop
  • The Mad Hatter in Fantasyland
  • Market House
  • Plaza Inn
Disney California Adventure Park Attractions

• Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission BREAKOUT!
  • Incredicoaster
  • The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
  • Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree
  • Monsters Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue!
  • Soarin' Around the World
  • WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure
Disney California Adventure Park Dining and Shopping

• Cappuccino Cart
  • The Collector’s Warehouse
  • Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe
  • Fillmore’s Taste-In
  • Knick’s Knacks
  • Oswald's
  • WEB Suppliers

djlaosc

Based on last time we went (2018):

Disneyland - they have removed the following:
  • 30 minutes of early entry time
  • Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

Disney California Adventure - they have removed the following:
  • Jessie's Critter Carousel (was King Triton's Carousel at the time)
  • Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Toy Story Midway Mania!
Disney California Adventure - they have added the following:

PiratesMansion

According to the Disneyland website, Peter Pan is not open for the early entry period itself, so technically everyone will be aiming for the park open time, the guests staying on site will just get a slight head start by already being in the park.

Rise of the Resistance and Radiator Springs Racers are also not open (which is a shame - if you are staying onsite, are you just supposed to stand outside these for the 30 minutes so you don't have to pay for the Individual Attraction Selection?)

• Alice in Wonderland
  • Astro Orbitor
  • Disneyland Monorail
  • King Arthur Carrousel
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
  • Space Mountain

• Fantasyland Fruit Cart
  • Galactic Grill
  • Guide II
  • Market House
  • Plaza Inn

• Incredicoaster

• Cappuccino Cart
  • Fillmore’s Taste-In
  • Knick’s Knacks
  • Oswald's
  • WEB Suppliers
The absence of Peter Pan is strange, and since literally everything else in that courtyard is open, I wonder if that might be an oversight or a typo on their part. Even if it's not directly included in early entry, they'll still have a slight advantage over day guests because they'll already be in the land when it opens and can be better positioned to get in line first.
Based on last time we went (2018):

Disneyland - they have removed the following:
  • Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
  • Matterhorn Bobsleds
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough

Disney California Adventure - they have removed the following:
  • Jessie's Critter Carousel (was King Triton's Carousel at the time)
  • Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters
  • Radiator Springs Racers
  • Toy Story Midway Mania!
Disney California Adventure - they have added the following:
Some odd removals there that don't make sense other than cost cutting. Maybe they'll restore some of those other attractions later when staffing becomes less of a concern?

But I have to be honest, I imagine like 2 people went through the castle walkthrough during early entry so I can understand them cutting that.

waltography

The absence of Peter Pan is strange, and since literally everything else in that courtyard is open, I wonder if that might be an oversight or a typo on their part. Even if it's not directly included in early entry, they'll still have a slight advantage over day guests because they'll already be in the land when it opens and can be better positioned to get in line first.

Some odd removals there that don't make sense other than cost cutting. Maybe they'll restore some of those other attractions later when staffing becomes less of a concern?

But I have to be honest, I imagine like 2 people went through the castle walkthrough during early entry so I can understand them cutting that.
I suspect it has to do with the fact that there are going to be substantially less people in the park than during Magic Mornings since multi-day ticket holders are no longer in the mix + the hotel guests you do have are now split across two parks. They don't need the added capacity from those other attractions (though I do agree it's weird Pan doesn't open with the rest of Fantasyland considering I feel like it'd be more advantageous to have Early Entry guests to get the ride out of the way rather than have the ride open at 8am with a 40+ minute queue from the get go).

PiratesMansion

I suspect it has to do with the fact that there are going to be substantially less people in the park than during Magic Mornings since multi-day ticket holders are no longer in the mix + the hotel guests you do have are now split across two parks. They don't need the added capacity from those other attractions (though I do agree it's weird Pan doesn't open with the rest of Fantasyland considering I feel like it'd be more advantageous to have Early Entry guests to get the ride out of the way rather than have the ride open at 8am with a 40+ minute queue from the get go).
But it can't just be that because they used to open literally everything of value at DCA for Early Entry.

It's just baffling.

Don't get me wrong, I'm never going to pay Disney enough to stay in their hotels so that I can use early entry, so theoretically I should be rooting for EE to be less valuable, but...what is the point of Early Entry if you're not going to open at least all of the big impact rides in the area you're offering to your hotel guests? And it's half as long as it was before.

Especially since this is not going to stop hotel guests from just getting in line for PPF two seconds before the rope drops anyway and ensuring it becomes jammed early?

I suppose I can see the argument for this system at WDW because it simplifies what they had been doing previously and makes it more functional for everyone even if it's shorter. But at DLR it's just a downgrade across the board.

truecoat

• Alice in Wonderland
  • Astro Orbitor
  • Disneyland Monorail
  • King Arthur Carrousel
  • Mad Tea Party
  • Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
  • Space Mountain

• Fantasyland Fruit Cart
  • Galactic Grill
  • Guide II
  • Market House
  • Plaza Inn

• Incredicoaster

• Cappuccino Cart
  • Fillmore’s Taste-In
  • Knick’s Knacks
  • Oswald's
  • WEB Suppliers

If I rope drop, will the line to the Fantasyland Fruit Cart be very long?

Touchdown

Interesting how they removed the most popular ride in DCA, and took away the 2nd and 3rd longest line in FL &TL and chose not to open Star Wars GE. That makes no ILL ride available for expedited rides then via ILL or VIP.

PiratesMansion

For those of you familiar with DL, do you think Early Entry will be worth the extra price to stay on property?
While I'm sure my answer won't fit every circumstance, I'm sure for most people the answer would be no. When it resumes, current Early Entry is now going to be half the length of the previous EE (so only 30 minutes vs. formerly an hour) and there are some conspicuous absences on the rides open list. Previously every big attraction in DCA and at DL every big attraction in Fantasyland & Tomorrowland were open for EE, and that is no longer true.

The hotels are objectively very overpriced considering that Early Entry is pretty much only perk you will receive. I suppose there's also the exclusive entrances to DCA for PPH and GCH, but while those can be convenient there are also times when it's just better to use the main entrance, thus at least somewhat negating the perk. Additionally, Disneyland Hotel & PPH are both father from the actual park gates than several hotels on Harbor that are also significantly cheaper. I'm sure EE is helpful on some level, but it's also a downgrade from what was previously offered, and the fact is that there aren't gobs and gobs of people coming into the park at opening if they're opening up at 8 AM anyway.

For me, it's an exorbitant price to pay when really all you're getting for the price increase is Disney branding and 30 extra minutes in the park a day. Maybe those extra 30 minutes will be helpful if you visit on one of the rare days where the parks close super early, but if it's peak season and the parks are open from 8-10 or 8-Midnight every day, you're more than covered on time without EE.

CaptainAmerica

While I'm sure my answer won't fit every circumstance, I'm sure for most people the answer would be no. When it resumes, current Early Entry is now going to be half the length of the previous EE (so only 30 minutes vs. formerly an hour) and there are some conspicuous absences on the rides open list. Previously every big attraction in DCA and at DL every big attraction in Fantasyland & Tomorrowland were open for EE, and that is no longer true.

The hotels are objectively very overpriced considering that Early Entry is pretty much only perk you will receive. I suppose there's also the exclusive entrances to DCA for PPH and GCH, but while those can be convenient there are also times when it's just better to use the main entrance, thus at least somewhat negating the perk. Additionally, Disneyland Hotel & PPH are both father from the actual park gates than several hotels on Harbor that are also significantly cheaper. I'm sure EE is helpful on some level, but it's also a downgrade from what was previously offered, and the fact is that there aren't gobs and gobs of people coming into the park at opening if they're opening up at 8 AM anyway.

For me, it's an exorbitant price to pay when really all you're getting for the price increase is Disney branding and 30 extra minutes in the park a day. Maybe those extra 30 minutes will be helpful if you visit on one of the rare days where the parks close super early, but if it's peak season and the parks are open from 8-10 or 8-Midnight every day, you're more than covered on time without EE.
I think 30 minutes at both parks is more valuable than 60 minutes at a single park because the crowds will be dispersed. When only one park had EMH, everyone went the same place in the morning.

That said, I agree that you shouldn't stay at a DLR hotel just for EMH. Stay there if you like the hotels and want to stay there, but not for this particular benefit.

PiratesMansion

I think 30 minutes at both parks is more valuable than 60 minutes at a single park because the crowds will be dispersed. When only one park had EMH, everyone went the same place in the morning.
I can definitely see that for WDW, where parks that had EMH were disproportionately slammed, but that was never really an issue at DLR, particularly when EE started at 7 AM. Sure, Disneyland was always busy in that extra hour, but that was more because anyone who bought a three day ticket essentially got one day of EE there as a freebie regardless of whether or not they were staying at a DLR hotel. DCA reportedly was never particularly busy or crowded during the full hour EE because it was truly only limited to the people staying in Disney's three hotels. Proportionally, the number of people staying at Disney's hotels in Anaheim just isn't that large.

There will be less people at Disneyland during EE than there were before since Magic Morning isn't coming back, which will help a little bit, but some big ticket items are closed (PPF, why?) and there's less time to do things. Maybe that park will balance out. But DCA EE is unequivocally a downgrade from what was there before.

DisneyDreamer08

That said, I agree that you shouldn't stay at a DLR hotel just for EMH. Stay there if you like the hotels and want to stay there, but not for this particular benefit.
Thank you! That’s pretty much what I was thinking too. I feel like having the ability to easily walk to both parks (at a cheaper price) is more valuable than the extra 30 minutes. I am curious however to see what the parks look like during that 30 minutes. With only 3 hotels taking advantage, I’d imagine they’d be fairly empty.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom