Early December Trip...Need some help from everyone!

JeffR73

Hello everyone,

My wife and I booked a weekend getaway to Hilton Head thru Hilton Hotels this past April. When we got the deal thru Hilton, we didnt know until after we had booked it, that it was for a time share. So, after thinking, if we were going to sit thru a 2 hour time share presentation, lets do it at Orlando during Christmas time, go to Disney and see the Christmas decorations and the 50th Anniversary decorations, build a droid and possibly a light saber and see what Hilton Hotels have to offer in Orlando. We called our daughter and asked if she would like to go with us and of course she said yes, like we really needed to ask. So, I called Hilton and had them change our reservation to one of the hotels in Orlando and actually saved some money changing the reservation. A few days later, speaking with my folks they said they would like to go as well, so I called Hilton back, and booked a 2 bedroom suite for a really good price. So, there is our travel party: my wife M, 47, my daughter Z, 24, my dad P, 73, my mom W, 71 and myself J, 48 all going to Disney in December. Going to Disney in December has always been a dream of ours, and I will take it, even if I have to sit in a 2hr time share presentation Saturday morning. We will be there Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday, minus the 2hr presentation, Saturday morning, and then drive back on Monday. We will have 4 day park hopper tickets and hoping that there will be a Disney After Dark night possible while we are down there. We know we will lose the 4th day due to the end of the year but got the tickets at a military rate so we are good with that.

So now we are going to be in Orlando around 4pm Friday afternoon on the 3rd. Thinking that we are going to Disney Springs that afternoon, then to the 2hr time share presentation on Saturday, then to the parks for the remainder of the day, the parks all day Sunday and then leave sometime Monday and hoping for a Christmas time evening event for MK sometime while we are there.

I need help from all of you Master Planners out there to help with the planning. We will have to take it slow and not rush due to my parents, they walk fine, but I don't want to tire them completely and want to go about the parks at a gingerly pace. One of the things we want to to do is show them Star Wars land in HS, build a droid and possibly build a light saber. Another thing we want to do is show them Pandora in AK. After that I would like to show them the decorations at MK. Finally go to France in Epcot to do the new Ratatouille ride for my daughter. I have a basic idea of how I want to try and attack the parks, but I need some advice, possibly some ideas I haven't thought about yet. I was thinking Friday afternoon going to Disney Springs, then Saturday going to AK to see Pandora, then heading over to MK for the rest of the day. Sunday heading over to HS to Star Wars land, then over to Epcot to possibly do the new Ratatouille ride. We know that we wont be able to do all of this. We are really hoping that there is a Christmas event that is similar to the Boo Bash that is going to happen this year instead of MNSSHP, and get to stay in MK late. That way we could do a lot of what we want to do.

I am open to all suggestions and any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MickeyCB

When you read this schedule initially it looks quite ambitious!
I think it is doable if you are only going to AK to see Pandora and maybe one or 2 other things, then head to MK.
Same for HS the next day. If it is mostly to see the Star Wars area and then head over to Epcot, again doable. You can ride the Skyliner from HS to Epcot which will be very helpful time wise.
If you are trying to see a lot more of each of the parks I think that will be very difficult.
And I don't know how big a priority going to Disney Springs is, if it isn't, you could pick up more park time there.
Whatever you do, I hope you have a great time!

Upvote 0

Cowboy Steve

Disney World in December is a whole different kind of magic! It has become our primary time of year to visit. I'm really hoping the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party returns for this year. Many don't think it is worth the extra cost, but we have always enjoyed it.

Not sure what level of experience you have with visiting the property... but one thing to remember about WDW is - everything takes longer than you expect. So be sure to factor in plenty of time when jumping parks.

Totally off topic, but as you and your parents are similar in age to me and my parents, I thought I'd share the following... I am totally onboard with the more leisurely pace. My family has been visiting Disney since early 1972. Usually our trips were somewhat limited on time so we always pushed ourselves to maximize our time in the parks. That philosophy had carried through into our trips over the last decade... and about 4 years ago we just got too tired and miserable and made the decision to significantly slow down our pace. Now that I'm in my mid 50s we have officially transitioned to 'old person' mode. So our trips have gotten considerably longer, and we will be RVing at Disney this December for only the second time. We tried Disney RVing for the first time about 3 years ago... and loved it. So this is the year we take the plunge and buy a mid-level 5th wheel and take a little home with us... including our fur babies!

Upvote 0

JeffR73

Original Poster
When you read this schedule initially it looks quite ambitious!
I think it is doable if you are only going to AK to see Pandora and maybe one or 2 other things, then head to MK.
Same for HS the next day. If it is mostly to see the Star Wars area and then head over to Epcot, again doable. You can ride the Skyliner from HS to Epcot which will be very helpful time wise.
If you are trying to see a lot more of each of the parks I think that will be very difficult.
And I don't know how big a priority going to Disney Springs is, if it isn't, you could pick up more park time there.
Whatever you do, I hope you have a great time!
Thanks for the response. Yes, we are just looking to do certain things at the parks. We only have 2 and half days to introduce the things my parents havent been able to do since they were last in the parks, (2015). Love the skyliner idea, really brilliant.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
This is what I would do.

Book the droid and light sabre building for one of your full days. Then do the timeshare presentation the other day. You could even be magnanimous and let everyone else go to the parks and you catch up with them using Uber after.

Why not go to one of the parks Friday afternoon?

You could go to Epcot, ride Ratatouille and wander around World Showcase. Hopefully there may be some of the Story tellers back this year. Voices of Liberty are always worth listening too.

If it’s your thing and IF Candlelight is back you could see about booking that. Otherwise have dinner either in Epcot or on the Boardwalk somewhere. And go and look at the decorations at Beach Club and Yacht Club, BW too if you can. They are well worth it.

Depending when you can book the droid and light sabre, start at DHS one of the mornings. When you’ve had your fill of Galaxy’s Edge you could hop over to either AK or MK. The line for FoP usually drops as park closing approaches. Or go to MK if it’s a “party” night to give yourself more time.

And you go to MK the other full day too, which will be the one after the presentation. If you already did AK then you could have the whole day at MK, with a break to visit the GF and WL for the decorations. Otherwise, start at AK, hop over to MK and visit the resorts either before or after. You could book dinner at one of them perhaps.

Upvote 0

JeffR73

Original Poster
This may all be for naught. There was a bad storm up home, tore some shingles off my parents home, there is considerable damage to their porch and some damage to their RV. Doesnt look like they will be able to make it right now. Will have to wait until the the insurance adjusters look at everything, but as of now they dont think they will be able to come down. Thanks for all the responses.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom