Early Breakfast ADRs Questions

dmatt87

Original Poster
For our May trip, I was aiming at making no ADRs for breakfast - I find them too rushing in the morning, and they sometimes step over precious park time.

However, I'm planning a dream vacation for DS4, so I'm trying to squeeze in a little more character meals than usual (which is usually 0 ;)). By planning this way, I have ended up with 2 breakfast ADRs that I'm happy with but I need help with the logistics.

We are staying at POR.

Our first ADR is a Sunday morning breakfast at Ohana, at the Poly, for 7:50am. What is the best way to get there? And at what time should we leave? We are heading to MK afterwards, and will be carrying a stroller, is there somewhere we can park the stroller at Ohana?

Second ADR is a Monday morning breakfast and Hollywood and Vine, at DHS, for 8:15am. Can the bus from POR we a reliable option? And what time should I leave?

CaptainAmerica

In both cases, talk to the people at the front desk of your resort. The actual first bus departure times vary from the "official" times depending on the resort and time of year. I've had situations where Disney has provided me with a courtesy (free) shuttle (van) if I needed to be somewhere that the bus schedule didn't accommodate.

The bus will almost certainly be fine for Hollywood Studios. For the Poly, you're probably going to need a Disney van if they offer it to you or a taxi / Uber if they don't.

ETA: That Poly reservation is EARLY... are you sure you want to do that? If you have an Epcot morning available, you might consider shooting for a pre-opening Garden Grill. It's much easier getting from resort to park than resort to resort, especially at that time of day.

Schneewittchen

In both cases, talk to the people at the front desk of your resort. The actual first bus departure times vary from the "official" times depending on the resort and time of year. I've had situations where Disney has provided me with a courtesy (free) shuttle (van) if I needed to be somewhere that the bus schedule didn't accommodate.

The bus will almost certainly be fine for Hollywood Studios. For the Poly, you're probably going to need a Disney van if they offer it to you or a taxi / Uber if they don't.

ETA: That Poly reservation is EARLY... are you sure you want to do that? If you have an Epcot morning available, you might consider shooting for a pre-opening Garden Grill. It's much easier getting from resort to park than resort to resort, especially at that time of day.

I'm going to take your advice on this too. I'm staying at Ft. Wilderness in April and have a 7:40 ADR for the 'Ohana character breakfast on our rest day. I've been wondering how we were going to manage getting around if the boats aren't running early enough.

CaptainAmerica

I'm going to take your advice on this too. I'm staying at Ft. Wilderness in April and have a 7:40 ADR for the 'Ohana character breakfast on our rest day. I've been wondering how we were going to manage getting around if the boats aren't running early enough.
"Rest day" is why they're still serving breakfast at 10:30 ;)

Schneewittchen

I think you're confused about how "rest" works. Meet me at Olivia's on 8/8 and I'll show you how it works.

Oh, it will be restful. The kids will swim and splash and squeal.

But I will lay prone on a lounger, roasting beneath the Florida sun like a beached porpoise, listening to crummy new wave music on my iPod and reading a vapid Regency romance novel on my ancient Kindle.

carriebeth

At OHana we always leave our strollers in the area you wait for your reservations in. There are couches and chairs there. We just push them off to the side somewhere out of the way.

MickeyMomV

As @CaptainAmerica said I would do regular bus transport to DHS for Hollywood and Vine but I would seek a alternate form of transportation for O'Hana. It just takes too long to do bus transport to MK and then take the Monorail to the Poly for a 7:50 res. You would have to leave your resort 6:45 or 7, at the latest, doing it that way. For the couple of dollars I would just do a taxi from resort to resort. Or the van option Captain mentioned if it is available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom