Earliest Time of Year for Water Parks

Tom P.

Folks,

What would you say is the earliest time in the year when you could guarantee that the weather at Walt Disney World would be adequately warm for water parks and pools?

I know that any time of year often has days where it is warm enough, and that at least one water park is open year round. But I also know that WDW can get some pretty cold days, and there are usually several days where a water park closes due to low temperatures. So I'm trying to guesstimate the earliest time frame where you could book and pretty much have no doubts it would be warm enough for the whole trip.

Thanks,
Tom

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The water is heated, so the only issue is the air temp when out of the water. I would say ideally you want daytime temps in the mid 80’s, which put you in the mid April period. Of course, it all depends on personal preferences.

Upvote 0

Tom P.

Original Poster
The pools are heated.

We were at typhoon lagoon on 1/2 this year.

But it was also freezing in March and early April I believe.

You can’t get a guarantee...it doesn’t exist
You don't think it would be guaranteed to always be hot enough in July?

I think there definitely are months where it can definitely be guaranteed to be proper water park weather. The consensus from the other replies seems to be mid-April to early-May is about the earliest of the year.

Upvote 0

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You don't think it would be guaranteed to always be hot enough in July?

I think there definitely are months where it can definitely be guaranteed to be proper water park weather. The consensus from the other replies seems to be mid-April to early-May is about the earliest of the year.
True...but why would you ask if it’s hot enough in Florida in July??

The reality is the weather is far more unpredictable now than even 20 years ago...that’s how science works. So I wouldn’t guarantee any dates beyond April to September

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom