News Earl of Sandwich Returning to Downtown Disney "For A Limited Time"

VJ

Original Poster
Disney Parks Blog has announced that Earl of Sandwich will be returning to its Downtown Disney location "for a limited time":
We are excited to announce Earl of Sandwich will be opening in its original location for a limited time in Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort. The popular fast-casual restaurant—inspired by John Montagu, the Earl who invented the sandwich in 1762—will be returning soon. Get ready to enjoy all your favorites from their famous hot sandwiches on artisan breads to hand-crafted wraps and a variety of freshly-tossed salads.

TP2000

I ate there a few times but never understood what all the fuss was about. A decently good sandwich at a fair price, soup was kind of weak though. Service was okay, nothing stellar. Tables were consistently sticky and gross. Are folks in Florida that desperate for a decent sandwich that this place is held up as an example of gastronomic greatness???

This reopening serves as more of a sign to Anaheim politicians than anything.

But I’d be even happier if they reopened that Starbucks next door. That was very convenient when I take my morning walks and park in the DTD lot.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
They should just bring back all the businesses and forget about their silly hotel. Spend that money on better things.

Phroobar

The man sure knew how to brew coffee.

starbuck_battlestar_galactica_size3.png

smile

How hard is it to blow bubbles in coffee?

not difficult, i'd imagine -
then again, cold brew is slightly more difficult than sitting a regular cup in the frig... so, who knows?!

i see their disciples on the daily, however, so it's either super-cheap or super-lucrative
... meanwhile, i'm just waiting for the idiocracy version before i consider stepping into one myself :p

BrianLo

I ate there a few times but never understood what all the fuss was about. A decently good sandwich at a fair price, soup was kind of weak though. Service was okay, nothing stellar. Tables were consistently sticky and gross. Are folks in Florida that desperate for a decent sandwich that this place is held up as an example of gastronomic greatness???

This reopening serves as more of a sign to Anaheim politicians than anything.

But I’d be even happier if they reopened that Starbucks next door. That was very convenient when I take my morning walks and park in the DTD lot.

To defend the people of Florida (I feel icky saying that), WDW's food game has been significantly elevated over the past few years.

You basically had Epcot wine and dine around the world for $$$. Honestly Epcot is now a tertiary thing (when its redeeming quality was good food, you can understand why crowds have stopped showing up to that park).

I think the food game in Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom is now great. Earl of Sandwich is no longer regarded so highly with the Downtown Disney redo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom