Ea is pursuing a sale or a merger and Disney is one of the companies mentioned.

wdwfan4ver

Original Poster

Basically EA wants to be bought or be merged with a bigger company and that is how Disney got mentioned. For those that don't know who EA is, EA is a gaming company. They publish and develop games and also have a online gaming service. It is a big company that has on the top 5 worst American companies for many years.

I think this is about Chapek wanting to save his job as CEO and trying to increase the Disney's declining stock price. This also tells me Disney themselves want to develop and publish their own video games and that is by getting a gaming company. I am also guessing Disney wants an online gaming service also.

I know Disney has a history in video games, but it usually was other companies developing and publishing games using Disney's IPS. Kingdom Hearts is one of the prime examples of other companies developing and publishing games using Disney's IPS. Disney uses Square Enix to publish Kingdom Hearts and Disney themselves does develop the games either.

EA is very rich in IP due to them buying a lot of game developers and Publishers in the 1990s and 2000s. The problem is a lot of their IPS haven't been used in a decade or more. The IPS EA has also are bad for being turning into movies and theme park rides.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Basically EA wants to be bought or be merged with a bigger company and that is how Disney got mentioned. For those that don't know who EA is, EA is a gaming company. They publish and develop games and also have a online gaming service. It is a big company that has on the top 5 worst American companies for many years.

I think this is about Chapek wanting to save his job as CEO and trying to increase the Disney's declining stock price. This also tells me Disney themselves want to develop and publish their own video games and that is by getting a gaming company. I am also guessing Disney wants an online gaming service also.

I know Disney has a history in video games, but it usually was other companies developing and publishing games using Disney's IPS. Kingdom Hearts is one of the prime examples of other companies developing and publishing games using Disney's IPS. Disney uses Square Enix to publish Kingdom Hearts and Disney themselves does develop the games either.

EA is very rich in IP due to them buying a lot of game developers and Publishers in the 1990s and 2000s. The problem is a lot of their IPS haven't been used in a decade or more. The IPS EA has also are bad for being turning into movies and theme park rides.
It should be noted, while I don't doubt that EA is potentially looking at a sale or merger and Disney's name is always brought up when talk of major mergers in the entertainment space, that this story comes from one source, Puck News. I've checked and there is no second source to this information, all articles on this story all reference Puck News as being the source. Not saying its not true, just that it should be taken with a grain of salt.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Most of their titles would be very difficult to implement into an amusement park attraction, especially one biased towards a younger audience. One feather in their cap would be the Star Wars Battlefront/KOTAR/Fallen Order series, but the majority of the EA products are based on either sports or simulations, not character-driven.

Comped

Biggest reason Disney might be interested is that video games and mobile apps are a source of revenue that they really haven't expanded much into with the exception of a few notable failures. A ready-made acquisition like EA could provide much needed cash flow and there are even ways Disney could structure the deal and not have to pay a cent, reducing the potential cash flow issues. In my mind if Disney wants to expand into video games, it would really make sense.

AdventureHasAName

The Bard's Tale darkride ... make it happen.

I'd like to see this occur just so I can watch Chapek pretend to be excited about acquiring the Mutant League Football franchise.

Indy_UK

I would have imagined this to have been more likely to happen a couple of years ago where at the time, EA were the only license holders to Star Wars games.

Now it’s shared with with multiple companies to me it seems Disney are just happy for other people to develop games and they get the licensing.

Indiana Jones is exclusive to Xbox and Spider-Man is exclusive to PlayStation, it just feels it would be messy to bring it all back in house for an EA buyout.

I think Amazon will make a Jump for them.

Disney does however need to have more company making Disney games.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom