E-Z rental car!!??

draybook

Original Poster
I already did a search and most of the threads regarding this company are years old. A lot can change so I'm looking for some updated information if possible. Has anyone used E-Z recently? They have the best rates but I'm not getting a good vibe from the reviews I've read online.

Big Ben

Sorry never used E-Z, however last time I flew in to MCO, I used Payless(June '13), and they were the cheapest. Even better the E-Z.

draybook

Original Poster
Payless is about $100 more than EZ when I checked, but I'm hearing some decent things about them now on DIS. I was just worried because somebody posted a video on YouTube in which the car they had rented from EZ had a couple of roaches running around in it. Of course I saw another one where someone had rented a Caddy from Enterprise and it had a ton of them in it. Just freaked me out and I don't like surprises, especially the insect kind. Plus I want to make sure I don't get some jalopy car either.

Ember

We rented from ez two years ago and everything was great until we returned it and they tried to say the passenger side received damage while we had it. They "lost" our original paperwork where we had circled the damage before renting. They finally took responsibility for it but not without a ton of hassle and almost missing our flight home. Won't rent from them again.

draybook

Original Poster
We rented from ez two years ago and everything was great until we returned it and they tried to say the passenger side received damage while we had it. They "lost" our original paperwork where we had circled the damage before renting. They finally took responsibility for it but not without a ton of hassle and almost missing our flight home. Won't rent from them again.

Do you guys record the car when you get it? I always use my phone to video record a walk around of any car I rent and I spot any damage before hand. I haven't had any trouble yet after using 4 or 5 different agencies.

Another thing, is MCO like Memphis in that you can choose a car out of whatever class you rented in, or are cars assigned to you?

Ember

Do you guys record the car when you get it? I always use my phone to video record a walk around of any car I rent and I spot any damage before hand. I haven't had any trouble yet after using 4 or 5 different agencies.

Another thing, is MCO like Memphis in that you can choose a car out of whatever class you rented in, or are cars assigned to you?

Didn't have a smartphone at the time, but we went over it with a fine tooth comb and recorded every scratch on their inspection paper, which mysteriously ended up "lost" and they had to call the Miami office where the rental had come from. Luckily the Miami manager confirmed the damage. It probably wouldn't have been such a fiasco if they had been nice about it, but the guy who looks over the vehicle when you turn it in was screaming in my face while I was holding our 18-month old and had my 5 year old next to me and the manager was screaming at us about how we must have gotten into an accident. They never even offered us an apology. Now when we rent we do record the vehicle before we leave the lot and we also use other companies.
Not sure about car choice, they upgraded us and assigned us a car, but I am not sure if the cars are normally assigned or not.

BigTxEars

We use Alamo at MCO, yes you pick you car from all the different ones parked in the garage. Kids love that part, I kinda do too :)

draybook

Original Poster
Yeah, most of the big name agencies have ridiculously priced rentals in September. Sure, we're renting for almost 20 days, but most of them want 750-1000 for a fricking economy car. That's absurd.

BigTxEars

Yeah, most of the big name agencies have ridiculously priced rentals in September. Sure, we're renting for almost 20 days, but most of them want 750-1000 for a fricking economy car. That's absurd.

Your going on a 20 day vacation? Man that ain't fair!!!! o_O

I get a lousy 7 days :(

I think we average around $250 for a week of a full size car (Impala) at Alamo, that was in Sept of 2011. In June of 2013 we ended up upgrading to a SUV for I think $325 for the week. But the kids loved it because it had seat warmers, which of course became butt warmers which were turned on all week we use the SUV, in June, in Florida :eek:

Last edited:

Clamman73

Any email discount codes that I get from Hertz, FireWire, etc are still only into June...I suspect as you start getting closer to the fall that you will get a better price.

draybook

Original Poster
Your going on a 20 day vacation? Man that ain't fair!!!! o_O

I get a lousy 7 days :(

I think we average around $250 for a week of a full size car (Impala) at Alamo, that was in Sept of 2011. In June of 2013 we needed up upgrading to a SUV for I think $325 for the week. But the kids loved it because it had seat warmers, which of course became butt warmers which were turned on all week we use the SUV, in June, in Florida :eek:

Well, that does include 6 weekend days, so only 14 weekdays. The downside is that I had to give up my precious New Year's Eve that I usually use to watch the Twilight Zone marathon. But as I've said before, a happy wife is a happy life.

HRHPrincessAriel

Are you a costco member? My dad always has great luck with them as does a friend.

If you aren't a member it could be worth it to join. If the savings are big enough. $50
If you can't look let me know and I'll look for you.

draybook

Original Poster
Are you a costco member? My dad always has great luck with them as does a friend.

If you aren't a member it could be worth it to join. If the savings are big enough. $50
If you can't look let me know and I'll look for you.

Right now, with EZ I have a rate of $450 for an economy car. There's an agency called Firefly that is actually cheaper, but their reviews online aren't much better on some sites. I did a search on Costco's site, is that the same fares as a member would find? My rental dates are September 5th at 3pm until September 25th at 2pm.

HRHPrincessAriel

You can look! I used the low fare finder on their rental page and it gave me a compact car(focus or similar) from Budget for $431. Avis for $417.

Plus you'd have a costco membership which are just awesome to begin with ;-)

Edit: that location was outside of the airport...but it's the one they gave me when I said THE airport!

draybook

Original Poster
You can look! I used the low fare finder on their rental page and it gave me a compact car(focus or similar) from Budget for $431. Avis for $417.

Plus you'd have a costco membership which are just awesome to begin with ;-)

Edit: that location was outside of the airport...but it's the one they gave me when I said THE airport!

What is the location? Heck, that's a sweet deal for a name brand agency!!

HRHPrincessAriel

Sears Auto Center - Fashion Square Mall, 3111 E Colonial Dr Orlando, FL 32803, US

It says it's 11 miles from the air port.

If you kids are old enough to not need car seats/boosters you could just jump in a Taxi. May end up being a *bit* more but at least it's a place you "trust".

draybook

Original Poster
Sears Auto Center - Fashion Square Mall, 3111 E Colonial Dr Orlando, FL 32803, US

It says it's 11 miles from the air port.

If you kids are old enough to not need car seats/boosters you could just jump in a Taxi. May end up being a *bit* more but at least it's a place you "trust".

I'll have to keep that in mind. According to taxifarefinder.com, it's roughly a $38 fare not including tip each way.

HRHPrincessAriel

I wonder what I'm doing wrong, because I plug in my info and the best I can find is $416 with Firefly for an economy car. On carrentals.com that is.
Well, you were putting in the 25th ;-) I had 23 for carrentals.com that's what my price was better ;/) lol. Sorry :-(

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom