DWWS Bowling Venue Delayed

krankenstein

Original Poster
Orlando Sentinel said:
Plans to bring thousands of bowlers to Disney's Wide World of Sports in 2011 have landed in the gutter — at least for the time being. Blame the economy. The private — and still unnamed — company that would build the 100-lane bowling stadium in Osceola County is having trouble getting financing because of the credit market. The first tournament in the new bowling complex is not scheduled until 2013, Disney World spokeswoman Jacquee Polak said.

Back in June, officials lauded the deal. Planned for 100 lanes, stadium-style seating and a restaurant, the facility was to be complete in about 18 months. Under terms of the deal, the United States Bowling Congress was supposed to bring 13 events to Central Florida beginning in 2011. Each tournament is played over four to six months. The event, though delayed, is still expected to be a boon to Osceola hotels and tourist-related businesses.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/osceola/orl-disney-bowling-alley-110208,0,7955371.story

Wow, this really upsets me... I hope they are able to get some funding soon. I am a part of USBC, and I know that they were thinking about holding some of the Florida State Tournaments there! I was totally looking foward to another excuse to be in Disney.

SirNim

The bowling alley is delayed?

The bowling alley is delayed?

(dramatic pause)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!

DisneyMusician2

Completely not shocked.

At least this one isn't really Disney's fault. Just one more casualty of the lovely economic situation worldwide.

Hope they clear this one up soon, it would certainly be a boon for the area.

Craig & Lisa

If that's the case then we won't have to worry about any bowlers dropping dead after they bowl a 300, like was recently reported in the news.

ntoeman

Has there been any more word on the progress of this lately? I assume it's still being held up, but thought I'd ask. Until this is built, where are bowling alleys near the property?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom