Dwayne Johnson in Jungle Cruise Film?

Disneyfanman

Just saw it! A fun ride. It was like The Mummy meets Romancing The Stone with a little Pirates of the Caribbean thrown in. I really enjoyed it! The action scene direction was terrible and distracting but Emily Blunt and Dwayne Johnson had incredible fun chemistry together and made up for it. A better director could have made a classic with the material. As it is it’s still worth seeing.

CaptinEO

You have to appreciate the hypocrisy of how Disney puts in gay "moments" that are just slight enough to gain points with Twitter while also being able to be removed from China/International releases as it is not essential to the plot.

Archie123

You have to appreciate the hypocrisy of how Disney puts in gay "moments" that are just slight enough to gain points with Twitter while also being able to be removed from China/International releases as it is not essential to the plot.

Best line in the movie is, "Frank, do you want to bit down on my stick."

And yes, Disney wants to try and seem so progressive without actually trying to cross that line of having a character say he/her is gay.

Animaniac93-98

Best line in the movie is, "Frank, do you want to bit down on my stick."

And yes, Disney wants to try and seem so progressive without actually trying to cross that line of having a character say he/her is gay.

I'll give them a pass on this one as I don't believe gay=homosexual was a thing in the 1910s, and him knowing the risks of coming out to anyone. The scene was tastefully written and acted.

He made it unambiguously clear that he is in that scene, unlike say Artie in Cruella (released a few months prior) who never discussed such things. He's also not a minor character or villain, which by Disney's low standards are a plus too.

But if this does get a sequel and he doesn't get a boyfriend that will be garbage. I almost expected him to stay with the tribe at the end, hook up with one of the guys and make some sort of commentary along the line that these "savages" are more accepting and progressive than the "civilized" Britain he came from.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney’s Jungle Cruise rode to a better-than-expected opening of $34.2 million at the domestic box office amid renewed concerns over COVID-19 and the delta variant for a worldwide box office debut of $27.6 million.

The movie’s total global start is an okay $91.8 million when including $30 million in revenue from Disney+ Premier Access."

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
https:///2021/08/dwayne-johnson-sue-disney-ad1/

Good on Rock
Plus, Dwayne "Toots" Johnson also got a gig with Disney being the Executive Producer of Behind the Attraction. Maybe Disney was already throwing him a bone to keep him on board.

Disney can give out future work in acting, directing, producing like candy to anyone disaffected with their movie release as balm for a ghost bonus that never materialized.

"I'd like a producer title to my résumé."

Done!

"I'd like to climb the Alps."

NatGeo will make a special out of it and pay you to do so!!

"I'd like a turn at drama."

Let's get Searchlight on the line!

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Disney is ready to go down the river one more time.

With Jungle Cruise crossing the $100 million at the domestic box office this past weekend, the studio is pulling the trigger on a sequel.

Stars Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt are set to return as wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff and intrepid researcher Dr. Lily Houghton, respectively, for the brand new adventure with Michael Green, who co-wrote the hit, back at the keyboard.

Expected to also come back are director Jaume Collet-Serra and the film’s producing team of John Davis, John Fox, Beau Flynn, Johnson, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia. Scott Sheldon returns as executive producer."

Animaniac93-98

"Disney is ready to go down the river one more time.

With Jungle Cruise crossing the $100 million at the domestic box office this past weekend, the studio is pulling the trigger on a sequel.

Stars Dwayne Johnson and Emily Blunt are set to return as wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff and intrepid researcher Dr. Lily Houghton, respectively, for the brand new adventure with Michael Green, who co-wrote the hit, back at the keyboard.

Expected to also come back are director Jaume Collet-Serra and the film’s producing team of John Davis, John Fox, Beau Flynn, Johnson, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia. Scott Sheldon returns as executive producer."

My one request:

Give MacGregor a boyfriend

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Per reports - Jungle Cruise 2 is happening. Reported on wresting sites as well

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom