Dwayne Johnson in Jungle Cruise Film?

ppete1975

I think the movie will be done by the original time and fully edited. This looks more like a gap on the release road map. Sad that's all this movie is to them, but outside of the rocks salary is prob pretty low budget.

champdisney

I think the movie will be done by the original time and fully edited. This looks more like a gap on the release road map. Sad that's all this movie is to them, but outside of the rocks salary is prob pretty low budget.
Well, The Rock did promise that this movie would be “epic”. Then again, he says that for every film he’s attached to.

ppete1975

To each their own. I used to be a fan. I just feel the guy plays the same character now in his most recents.
I thought san andreas was good, I thought CIA was hilarious, jumanji was surprising, and Baywatch had some good laughs. Id much rather watch him than half of arnolds movies, or slys (minus the last few rocky/creeds), and jcvd to me is unwatchable. So as far as an action star I think hes doing pretty good. Like you said though to each their own. I'm really hoping they make this movie have some classic Disney feel towards the attraction.

champdisney

I thought san andreas was good, I thought CIA was hilarious, jumanji was surprising, and Baywatch had some good laughs. Id much rather watch him than half of arnolds movies, or slys (minus the last few rocky/creeds), and jcvd to me is unwatchable. So as far as an action star I think hes doing pretty good. Like you said though to each their own. I'm really hoping they make this movie have some classic Disney feel towards the attraction.
The thing is, the action stars you named are known for their iconic roles. Arnie is most famously known as the T-800. Stallone for Rocky and Rambo. Van Damme for Bloodsport. I can’t really think of a role that Dwayne has portrayed that is considered to be iconic. Perhaps the Scorpion King?

Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a great actor. I just think he’s a bit one dimensional when it comes to the kinds of characters he chooses to portray. I’m sure Jungle Cruise is going to be a fun film in the same vein as Jumanji was but I didn’t particularly enjoy Jumanji because of The Rock. Still, I wonder why the film is being released so far out. Maybe because of the live-action Lion King.

NateD1226

TheDisInsider:
8C632F78-6D8F-4FD9-BE46-540DD038BAAF.png

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
The thing is, the action stars you named are known for their iconic roles. Arnie is most famously known as the T-800. Stallone for Rocky and Rambo. Van Damme for Bloodsport. I can’t really think of a role that Dwayne has portrayed that is considered to be iconic. Perhaps the Scorpion King?

Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s a great actor. I just think he’s a bit one dimensional when it comes to the kinds of characters he chooses to portray. I’m sure Jungle Cruise is going to be a fun film in the same vein as Jumanji was but I didn’t particularly enjoy Jumanji because of The Rock. Still, I wonder why the film is being released so far out. Maybe because of the live-action Lion King.
You making a joke here? Hobbs. Hobbs is a much bigger character then any Van Damm ever played.

champdisney

You making a joke here? Hobbs. Hobbs is a much bigger character then any Van Damm ever played.
Are you referring to the new Hobbs and Shaw movie? I haven’t seen it nor have I heard many people speak of it, not sure about that. The character of Hobbs itself was introduced in the 5th installment of F+F, so calling that particular character iconic in a huge cast of “iconic” characters is kind of a long stretch. At least to me. Diesel and Walker’s characters are truly the iconic ones that will always stand out in that franchise.

Fox&Hound

Am I the only one who hopes the Jungle Cruise ride gets reimagined once this new movie proves to be a hit? I think the crony jokes have had their time and now it is time for this ride to be come serious fun again....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom