Dwayne Johnson in Jungle Cruise Film?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
After reading the article, I think it would make more sense for them to have the role be by someone that is actually gay.
but isn't that typecasting . You could then argue that gay men shouldn't be cast in straight roles by that logic.

btw. I don't care who is cast in what role as long as they are good in that role.

Walt Disney1955

I just saw on CNN that this film will feature the first openly gay character in a Disney movie. I just thought I would share!

Does that even need to be a part of the movie? What is the point of this anyways? Isn't there enough plot there as it is with the jungle cruise? Could be a lot of kids watching this.

NateD1226

I am guessing it is G. Unless there is some violence in it. Either way, the newest Jurassic Park was PG-13 and lots of kids saw that with their parents. The gay theme isn't necessary for this type of film.
Yeah. I wouldn't only see if it was necessary if he was like the main character and/or the story was revolved around the LGBTQ+ community. But it is nice that Disney is branching out and trying new things.

Walt Disney1955

Yeah. I wouldn't only see if it was necessary if he was like the main character and/or the story was revolved around the LGBTQ+ community. But it is nice that Disney is branching out and trying new things.

The plot of the film is a boat going through a jungle cruise with supernatural happenings according to the overview of it. Why make a character's sexuality part of the plot in a movie like this?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The plot of the film is a boat going through a jungle cruise with supernatural happenings according to the overview of it. Why make a character's sexuality part of the plot in a movie like this?

So there shouldn't be any heterosexual love interests or romances or marriages in such a movie? Because that happens. All. The. Time.

You do know that if there is a gay character, there won't be gay graphic sexual activity, right?

Walt Disney1955

So there shouldn't be any heterosexual love interests or romances or marriages in such a movie? Because that happens. All. The. Time.

You do know that if there is a gay character, there won't be gay graphic sexual activity, right?

Depending on the age the movie is intended for. But if you notice, there is a long history of "Princes kissing princesses" for a reason. That being said, even Snow White and Sleeping Beauty don't revolve their movies around the kisses. But then again, you don't have to explain this to kids when they see it. Two Princes kissing, you'd have to explain and who needs that, especially with me and having quite young children. It isn't necessary.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Depending on the age the movie is intended for. But if you notice, there is a long history of "Princes kissing princesses" for a reason. That being said, even Snow White and Sleeping Beauty don't revolve their movies around the kisses. But then again, you don't have to explain this to kids when they see it. Two Princes kissing, you'd have to explain and who needs that, especially with me and having quite young children. It isn't necessary.

You're equating heterosexual relations as so normal they don't need explaining to children, whereas homosexual relations as so abnormal they need explaining.

The only reason that homosexual relations need explaining is because people like you keep trying to force it to stay in the closet. If two princes kissing have been portrayed on a somewhat regular basis for decades, it would need as little explaining as a prince and princess kissing.

Children aren't in any way harmed by seeing gay romantic love any more than they are harmed by seeing animals copulating. What harms them is the fuss their Puritanical guardians make in those instances.

Walt Disney1955

If this movie is popular, my concern is that things change on the ride. Pirates adding Jack Sparrow irks some people, but I think they did it the right way. They HAD to do something to the ride, the movie was just that popular. But they didn't change that much to it either. So it was a nice balance. I hate to see what might happen if this movie becomes a hit and we have to see changes to the ride like The Rock swinging from a tree branch blowing something up. It would change the ride and it is not needed. Maybe it will be like Eddie Murphy's Haunted Mansion.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
images(7).jpg

Walt Disney1955

You're equating heterosexual relations as so normal they don't need explaining to children, whereas homosexual relations as so abnormal they need explaining.

The only reason that homosexual relations need explaining is because people like you keep trying to force it to stay in the closet. If two princes kissing have been portrayed on a somewhat regular basis for decades, it would need as little explaining as a prince and princess kissing.

Children aren't in any way harmed by seeing gay romantic love any more than they are harmed by seeing animals copulating. What harms them is the fuss their Puritanical guardians make in those instances.

98% of the population is not part of the LGBT community. I would call that quite normal, yes. I have three kids 7 and under. None of them need to have me explain why two men are kissing right now. Anything different just panders to the 2% for political correctness. And if you haven't noticed, the world is still full of people who have moral objections to same-sex relationships unless you are living under a rock.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
98% of the population is not part of the LGBT community. I would call that quite normal, yes. I have three kids 7 and under. None of them need to have me explain why two men are kissing right now. Anything different just panders to the 2% for political correctness. And if you haven't noticed, the world is still full of people who have moral objections to same-sex relationships unless you are living under a rock.

1. It's more than 2% especially when you include all the letters.

2. It isn't pandering to exist and be seen. It is oppression though, on your part. Nice role model.

Last edited:

Walt Disney1955

What's wrong with explaining the topic to your children? Whether you agree with same-sex relationships or not, its still a fact that many people are part of the LGBT+ community.

Like I said, my kids are 7 and under. That isn't the time. I don't know if you guys hang around children of that age, but you'd be surprised the sort of things that children that age DON'T talk about. And it isn't adult-themed topics. Honestly, kids even in 2018 still want to be kids, we just don't let them.

1. It's more than 2% especially when you include all the letters.

2. It isn't pandering to exist and be seen. It's is oppression though, on your part. Nice role model.

There is no reason to have it in the movie. None. If it has nothing to do with the plot then what is the point since it is still very controversial unless they are trying to normalize things?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom