Dwayne Johnson in Jungle Cruise Film?

CastleBound

Original Poster
Yea, I'm not too thrilled either... I love Dwayne in most films he does, but I don't feel like he is the right fit for the look of this movie. Granted, we have no idea what they are going to do with it and they are certainly going to need to expand upon the ride, but I'm not feeling it. I would have hoped they went a retro direction with this movie, but with The Rock, I doubt that will happen. We'll see I guess.

Magenta Panther

Yea, I'm not too thrilled either... I love Dwayne in most films he does, but I don't feel like he is the right fit for the look of this movie. Granted, we have no idea what they are going to do with it and they are certainly going to need to expand upon the ride, but I'm not feeling it. I would have hoped they went a retro direction with this movie, but with The Rock, I doubt that will happen. We'll see I guess.

A retro direction for this film is something I could get behind!

CastleBound

Original Poster
A retro direction for this film is something I could get behind!
Right? I think a 1930's/40's Jungle Cruise is much more appealing than a 2010's Jungle Cruise. If they did take the 30's/40's route, I'm not sure I could really envision The Rock living in that era.

CJR

Love The Rock, but I'm curious if the means Tom Hanks and Tim Allen aren't pairing up anymore. I remember they were in talks awhile back about doing a Jungle Cruise film together. Could be a blessing in disguise I guess. This film has been in development for over a decade so it'll be interesting to see what they pull off.

Phroobar

I just saw on CNN that this film will feature the first openly gay character in a Disney movie. I just thought I would share!
latest

Phroobar

I never saw that movie, but I don't believe he was openly gay.
Well, he never said the words "I want to bang Guston" but it's pretty obvious. There were other lines that would support that too. What I don't understand is why gay people are always cast as the fools or comic relief in these kind of movies?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom