DVC to RCI...then back to DVC

Rescue Ranger

Original Poster
Long story short, we rented 2 weeks worth of points for a dream Polynesian DVC stay. Unfortunately, covid ruined everything and after four postponements and re-bookings, we were sadly forced to cancel and points were now going to expire. We were traveling from Toronto.

The only option we were given, outside of losing everything, was transferring those points to RCI. So that is what the member did for us. We have yet to discuss how the transfer works and what our points are now worth....or not worth. I believe we had 297 DVC points.

My question is, can we use those RCI points to re-book a Disney DVC again? I see most DVC resorts listed on RCI. While Polynesian is unlikely, perhaps we can get good use of them at another DVC resort? Currently looking for a potential travel date of mid October. Hopefully.

Club Cooloholic

Long story short, we rented 2 weeks worth of points for a dream Polynesian DVC stay. Unfortunately, covid ruined everything and after four postponements and re-bookings, we were sadly forced to cancel and points were now going to expire. We were traveling from Toronto.

The only option we were given, outside of losing everything, was transferring those points to RCI. So that is what the member did for us. We have yet to discuss how the transfer works and what our points are now worth....or not worth. I believe we had 297 DVC points.

My question is, can we use those RCI points to re-book a Disney DVC again? I see most DVC resorts listed on RCI. While Polynesian is unlikely, perhaps we can get good use of them at another DVC resort? Currently looking for a potential travel date of mid October. Hopefully.
This is a good question. I am not sure, I can check later to see if WDW resorts come up as an option for a DVC owner in the RCI portal. I will say this, DVC is booking up all across the board. Be open to a nice RCI option at a ski resort.

JaxFLBear

DVC has blocked all DVC Resorts as well as most resorts in the Orlando area from RCI Exchanges using DVC Points.

To see what you can reserve, select "How to Book RCI" from the "Plan a Vacation" dropdown menu on the member website. Once that page loads, click the "Book RCI Online" button, which will take you to the DVC specific RCI booking site.

Rescue Ranger

Original Poster
I'm thinking maybe we could do Disney's Vero Beach? Go into Orlando a couple times for Springs and Univeral and postpone a full Disney trip for later in 2022.

Assuming we'd be able to book Vero Beach through RCI has they have it listed.

correcaminos

I'm thinking maybe we could do Disney's Vero Beach? Go into Orlando a couple times for Springs and Univeral and postpone a full Disney trip for later in 2022.

Assuming we'd be able to book Vero Beach through RCI has they have it listed.
That's not on the list when I sign in to look at options. AFAIK you cannot use DVC to RCI to DVC at all.

CarolynFH

I see most DVC resorts listed on RCI.
Unfortunately, what you can see on RCI via the public portal, or if you have another TS that exchanges in RCI, is different from what the DVC owner can see and book for you because DVC limits the RCI resorts that are available through the DVC-RCI portal. As PP above have mentioned, the DVC owner you’re working with is blocked from booking any DVC resort including VB and indeed any Orlando resort within (I think) 30 miles of WDW that exchanges in RCI. So you’ll need to look farther afield to use those points. Look at resorts in other parts of Florida, other parts of the US or indeed in the world that trade in RCI.

Edited to add - you should probably give your owner a prioritized list of resorts as well as dates, since you won’t be able to see for yourself what’s actually available.

Rescue Ranger

Original Poster
Looks like we'll be using RCI for Aruba or Caribbean and will try and do a special Polynesian Village stay again in the future a few years from now hopefully.

For the immediate future, we're going to Vero Beach in October for the 1st time to try something diffent. Looking forward to that! But we also want to stay in WDW for 6 nights before or after to take in some of the 50th. Still trying to secure OKW, AKL or Saratoga rental points. If we can't find anything I suppose we'll just try for another surrounding non-Disney resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom