DVC through Disney or Through Resale?

DaddyDisney

Original Poster
Okay, after years, months, weeks and days of researching and figuring out if the DVC would be beneficial for our family we are finally looking to buy.

Disney is currently offering a promotion where if you buy this month they will give you all of your points for 2005 upfront and your next set of points in June 2006. We are currntly looking to get 150 points. Right now it is $98 per point at Saratoga. Do you guys think this promotion is worth going through Disney directly rather than buying a resale?

RickEff

You may also want to check into a new deal that I heard about. I think it's somewhere on the boards here too, but I'm just passing through.

Right now at SSR you can get 15% off so the points are only $83.33. The only catch is it's for add-ons for current members - BUT - I also heard that if you get a recommendation from a current member, it can apply to you. I'm sure you can find someone - I'd be glad to. I live in Ontario so I won't get anything out of it.

Look into it!

artvandelay

DaddyDisney, you should look into the new promo. If you get a member to refer you, you pay a little over $83 a point. This is close to what you'd pay thru a resale SSR with closing costs. If you buy DVC there is no closing costs, and I think they pro rate your 2005 maitenance fee. Also, you could bank your 2005 points to 2006 and have 300 points to use next year.

MR. DISNEY

I got 50 extra points added on in 2001 and I got them from a resale. The reason I did this is I wanted WL not BV. So think about where you want your "Home Resort" and take that into account. I have used this "Home Resort" 11 months out to bookings at least 5 times so I know that I would get to the resort I wanted.

socalkdg

If you don't want SSR as your home resort then resale is the way to go. The other thing is you might be able to get a resale at SSR in the mid 80's with a number of current points as well. I've used the board sponser for my resale purchase. Very satisfied.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom