DVC Stay with young kids

CaptainAmerica

Not with littles honestly.
I dislike BC personally, but recognize its strengths. But like you said, I think it's particularly bad for small kids. BC's main strengths are 1) walk to Epcot, 2) walk to Studios, and 3) Stormalong Bay. Three of the worst things about Walt Disney World with very small kids are 1) World Showcase, 2) long walks, and 3) chaotic pool areas.

Phonedave

Not with littles honestly. The main pool can be incredibly hard with small ones. To the point we didn't even use it much until mine felt safe going outside the pool to use the water slide. It's honestly disjointed. I know many love SAB but I dislike it immensely. No one in my family ranks it as a top pool even as my offspring has aged.

Unless Epcot or DHS is your favorite I find it more of a pain to get to MK. The busses consistently to MK from BC have been among the slowest. And that's not a park I drive to. It used to be way higher on my list... until I had a kid myself and saw how it was with much younger ones. Better suited for older kids (maybe 7 or 8 or so) or adults IMO
We felt the same way.

The novelty of SAB wears off pretty quickly. When I was a single parent it was horrible. Who came up with the idea that two ends of the slide are separated by a major sidewalk?

I love the beach, but the sand in the pool, it really does not do anything for me either.

I also do not like the layout, with the DVC units stuck in the back.

Tinkerfan4ever

Original Poster
It is strange to me - we own at the Boardwalk and truly love staying there. But I have never really had much interest in BCV. I think maybe because we don't spend a ton of time at the pools. We haven't stayed there yet, but I don't think it is where we want to stay with 2 kids age 5 and under, I want to minimize long walks and crazy pools and want to maximize MK time and naps! I will likely save the BCV for a trip with just the bigs!

I really think our top 3 in order are BLT, WL, Poly... (voted on by the family) and we will just see what we can get at 7 months. And I honestly think I would be fine with any of those 3. (although my order would be WL, Poly, BLT!!!!) I will be booking BWV at the 11 month mark.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Beach Club depends on the age of the littles. Little littles until about 4 is it's great because most interest was in the pool and beachy areas. When she hit 4 5 6 7 and wanted to walk to slides on her own we didn't do BC. Just about every other pool I could see her until the steps from which point she could only go one direction, and if she came down wither way I'd see her. Boardwalk, Riviera, Poly, BLT, and VGF were favorites for this. She's turning 8 next year and is asking about BC or Riviera for her birthday. Riviera is easy because we own there and BC is impossible because we don't own BC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom