DVC Sorcerer Pass

mwhite93

Original Poster
I just went to renew our annual passes and it says Sorcerers pass is no longer offered, my only option is to upgrade to the incredipass? Anyone have any insight on this?

correcaminos

Sadly we still have to call to renew even with the integrations. And now apparently even more backwards transferring when MS did it all before

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Sadly we still have to call to renew even with the integrations. And now apparently even more backwards transferring when MS did it all before
I think the only reason for the call is to check your eligibility. We all know how bad Disney IT is, and apparently they don’t trust the website to have the accurate information. Definitely sad.

correcaminos

I think the only reason for the call is to check your eligibility. We all know how bad Disney IT is, and apparently they don’t trust the website to have the accurate information. Definitely sad.
Yes to all. I understood why we had to call before, but now it makes little sense. When I go to Disney's website before I'm eligible to renew and it shows Sorcerer as an option, you think that would carry over. But yeah IT... ugh

nickys

Premium Member
After last year’s chaos with APs being sold to non-eligible DVC members, I suspect DVC wanted to check eligibility themselves.

That way they can ensure members who aren’t eligible don’t get to renew.

correcaminos

After last year’s chaos with APs being sold to non-eligible DVC members, I suspect DVC wanted to check eligibility themselves.

That way they can ensure members who aren’t eligible don’t get to renew.
Missing the point - we're now all linked in MDE in real time. We have less need than before. I don't even recall non eligible DVC members being able to use the APs upon activation. They have zero need for us to call or activate now.

nickys

Premium Member
Missing the point - we're now all linked in MDE in real time. We have less need than before. I don't even recall non eligible DVC members being able to use the APs upon activation. They have zero need for us to call or activate now.
If a CM sees DVC they could just allow the renewal, which is what happened last year.

And now that there is no activation required, there would be nothing to stop them using the AP.

And. I know some people who were able to use their APs. They showed their digital “white card” at GS and the APs were activated.

correcaminos

If a CM sees DVC they could just allow the renewal, which is what happened last year.

And now that there is no activation required, there would be nothing to stop them using the AP.

And. I know some people who were able to use their APs. They showed their digital “white card” at GS and the APs were activated.
I didn't know of anyone who activated and were able to use it. But I avoid a certain place due to a nasty owner and a bunch of crazies there who really are not people I trust without pictures lol. But that aside, you are not understanding the difference now. That was also before the new system.

The humans made the mistake, and all prior to the new system. All of what you said is absolutely still possible if the person doesn't check right without the integrated system. The system now marks it and would be able to allow or disallow without human error.

We cannot even show cards now. It's all linked to MDE. Even digital cards are not trusted by CMs due to the mistakes humans made. I realize you haven't been since this all changed so might not be fully aware of the integration. APs are now being phased out with cards to show proof too. It's all linked.

so no humans needed to verify if we are eligible. The system does and it shows right up in MDE. It's why I can see the Sorcerer Pass where before it did not. It's far more like the Florida resident integration than before.

nickys

Premium Member
I didn't know of anyone who activated and were able to use it. But I avoid a certain place due to a nasty owner and a bunch of crazies there who really are not people I trust without pictures lol. But that aside, you are not understanding the difference now. That was also before the new system.

The humans made the mistake, and all prior to the new system. All of what you said is absolutely still possible if the person doesn't check right without the integrated system. The system now marks it and would be able to allow or disallow without human error.

We cannot even show cards now. It's all linked to MDE. Even digital cards are not trusted by CMs due to the mistakes humans made. I realize you haven't been since this all changed so might not be fully aware of the integration. APs are now being phased out with cards to show proof too. It's all linked.

so no humans needed to verify if we are eligible. The system does and it shows right up in MDE. It's why I can see the Sorcerer Pass where before it did not. It's far more like the Florida resident integration than before.
I am aware of that.

But has the IT system been updated to check the DVC “flag”?

My guess is that it hasn’t been, which is why you still have to call. Otherwise, as you say, there would be no need.

correcaminos

I am aware of that.

But has the IT system been updated to check the DVC “flag”?

My guess is that it hasn’t been, which is why you still have to call. Otherwise, as you say, there would be no need.
It's all integrated in real time. No AP or renewal voucher, ni AP designation. No DVC no DVC. There is little to no delay in this per what's been seen.

You sincerely are overestimating Disney and what they do to make sense ;) We have this integration and now not only do they make us call DVC, we are now being transferred to the AP line after calling. So DVC no longer sells to us. Really stupid. Kind of glad I have an option to renew in person now as long as I buy day tickets to bridge my last few days at WDW

Again I show the sorcerer pass as an option when logged in. I didn't used to before the integration. I still cannot renew online. When I am logged out, the sorcerer pass is not an option.

correcaminos

The people I know who were able to use their technically ineligible APs are “real” people by the way.
No need to be this way... I said what I saw and how I don't give a single click to a jerk of an owner. I did not see it myself. Doesn't even matter as it was human error and probably why they removed certain things over the years to make it automated.

nickys

Premium Member
No need to be this way... I said what I saw and how I don't give a single click to a jerk of an owner. I did not see it myself. Doesn't even matter as it was human error and probably why they removed certain things over the years to make it automated.
No snark intended. Just meant that I hadn’t read of this happening on a website. They are friends of mine. 😊

correcaminos

No snark intended. Just meant that I hadn’t read of this happening on a website. They are friends of mine. 😊
Ah gotcha! My apologies for reading wrong. Though I do try to avoid that site (can't always though, I just have a dislike with how he treated friends)

I think my whole point is the abuse of white card holders with getting discounts (read personally on dining and merchandise) was what caused them to integrate more likely. No ability to hold cards past selling or doctoring or hoping you get an uniformed CM. I haven't shown a card in..... maybe June 2021? Even my last activation in June 2022 we showed my wallet app.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I had to show my wallet app every time on our trip last month at WDW and a few days ago at HH. The CMs are getting much better about checking when in person to ensure you are eligible.

I think we all wish that Disney IT was up to snuff so that we could all trust it, but I don’t see that happening unless they get rid of the contractor they have hired, and actually hire people who know what to do.

correcaminos

I had to show my wallet app every time on our trip last month at WDW and a few days ago at HH. The CMs are getting much better about checking when in person to ensure you are eligible.

I think we all wish that Disney IT was up to snuff so that we could all trust it, but I don’t see that happening unless they get rid of the contractor they have hired, and actually hire people who know what to do.
I think their issues are so deep it would beed a whole overhaul. Doubt they'll improve much sadly. I am curious to hear real life activation stories since the most recent change

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I think their issues are so deep it would beed a whole overhaul. Doubt they'll improve much sadly. I am curious to hear real life activation stories since the most recent change
We bought ours in March and will renew in January. We have a trip in March, and could only reserve a park for the first 2 days of a 9 day trip, since our current APs expire then. We’re hoping we don’t get shut out of the parks since we won’t be able to reserve any more days until after we renew.

correcaminos

We bought ours in March and will renew in January. We have a trip in March, and could only reserve a park for the first 2 days of a 9 day trip, since our current APs expire then. We’re hoping we don’t get shut out of the parks since we won’t be able to reserve any more days until after we renew.
Last summer we had our AP expire a couple days into the trip. This year it will expire a couple days from the end. I was totally sweating it since GotG had a scheduled opening days before we arrived and park passes were disappearing. I didn't want to do 6 day tickets and then have to deal with it when I got there or hope they'd upgrade over the phone. It turned out to be fine.

We often go in March and it was okay a few months in advance. Just not a few weeks.

If worried can you buy 7 day tickets and upgrade to AP renewal when you get there? I am considering it this year though not entirely sure. With Tron I'm unsure what to do tbh

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom