DVC Sorcerer Pass

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I think their issues are so deep it would beed a whole overhaul. Doubt they'll improve much sadly. I am curious to hear real life activation stories since the most recent change
We renewed in early August and were activated on the same call. A few days later we walked straight into EPCOT without needing to stop to activate at the park. So I am a success story!

correcaminos

We renewed in early August and were activated on the same call. A few days later we walked straight into EPCOT without needing to stop to activate at the park. So I am a success story!
Yay! Been waiting to hear since it was newer! Makes the convoluted set up now an actual improvement. Might change how I renew (in person or via phone)

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Yay! Been waiting to hear since it was newer! Makes the convoluted set up now an actual improvement. Might change how I renew (in person or via phone)
I didn't realize they were still doing activations upon renewal and was lately thinking I was part of a trial because i haven't really seen it discussed. It's mostly good for guests. I still stand by my take that this terribly inefficient process is part of what's held up Florida APs coming back, that Disney has some kinks to sort out due to the reservation system because

I didn't realize they were still doing activations upon renewal and was lately thinking I was part of a trial because i haven't really seen it discussed. It's mostly good for guests. I still stand by my take that this terribly inefficient process is part of what's held up Florida APs coming back, that Disney has some kinks to sort out due to the reservation system because stuff like what LuvtheGoof shared shouldn't be happening.
We bought ours in March and will renew in January. We have a trip in March, and could only reserve a park for the first 2 days of a 9 day trip, since our current APs expire then. We’re hoping we don’t get shut out of the parks since we won’t be able to reserve any more days until after we renew.

correcaminos

I didn't realize they were still doing activations upon renewal and was lately thinking I was part of a trial because i haven't really seen it discussed. It's mostly good for guests. I still stand by my take that this terribly inefficient process is part of what's held up Florida APs coming back, that Disney has some kinks to sort out due to the reservation system because

I didn't realize they were still doing activations upon renewal and was lately thinking I was part of a trial because i haven't really seen it discussed. It's mostly good for guests. I still stand by my take that this terribly inefficient process is part of what's held up Florida APs coming back, that Disney has some kinks to sort out due to the reservation system because stuff like what LuvtheGoof shared shouldn't be happening.
I've heard others saying the process is still the same as when you did it but many aren't returning to test out until next year. So I was patiently waiting on a smaller group here or otherwise to reply. Oddly the huge DVC FB group I run, very few by comparison are AP holders. So I had nothing on my huge group I follow.

My understanding is they are trying to streamline some things. Also might be some changes to onsite guests they are working out.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
If worried can you buy 7 day tickets and upgrade to AP renewal when you get there? I am considering it this year though not entirely sure. With Tron I'm unsure what to do tbh
I’ll call DVC to ensure that we can do that. I’d hate to spend the money for a 7 day, and not be able to apply it to the renewal.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
My understanding is they are trying to streamline some things. Also might be some changes to onsite guests they are working out.
Yes, they're doing a good bit of behind the scenes stuff now for some improvements on the tech side, or at least they were. I have nothing new and don't know if Chapek's penny pinching changed plans (if it effected number of people working on systems).

correcaminos

Yes, they're doing a good bit of behind the scenes stuff now for some improvements on the tech side, or at least they were. I have nothing new and don't know if Chapek's penny pinching changed plans (if it effected number of people working on systems).
I doubt the change will affect what is in motion in terms of improvements. Iger will need to save D+ financially and gain trust. Doubtful things like G+/ILL will end. Am hopeful for park reservation/hopping reservations that don't affect the revenue as mich

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom