DVC Reservation + AP Voucher = 60 Days for FP+?

Gomer

Original Poster
First, let me apologize as I know this has been asked and answered already. The problem I am coming across is that in my searches I am finding conflicting answers. And strangely, the farther back I go, it seems that vouchers and a DVC reservation gets you the 60 day window. But in more recent search results, I see people saying AP vouchers need to be redeemed prior to getting access to FP+ reservations.

So, I’ll ask again with hopes that someone has recent experience.

I’m going to WDW for a week in January (2015) on a DVC reservation. I am considering purchasing the DVC discounted AP’s and then returning the following January (2016) only one week earlier to maximize the AP usage while still spreading my trips out by a year. So, because of the travel dates, I can’t activate my AP until I get to the park in January.

So, as the system works currently, will I be able to link my AP voucher number and DVC reservation to MDE and get the 60 day window, or does that prohibit me from selecting FP+ reservations until I arrive in January and activate my AP?

If anyone has any experience with this it would be greatly appreciated.

disney4life2008

I am going to answer but please do not quite me - from my understanding until the voucher becomes a card you cant link it is MDE because its not a ticket yet. But I am certain I am wrong

Cendure

We linked our vouchers to MDE before we went last December and didn't have any problems. You do need to exchange your voucher for an actual annual pass (plastic card) at Guest Relations (any park or DTD) though to use for Annual Pass discounts on purchases. Even though your magic band has your annual passes on them, we had to show our actual AP card to get any discounts.

We did this last week, purchased an AP voucher via the link on MDE. As soon as the purchase completed the pass was showing on our account and FP+ can be booked for our DVC points stay which is in just under 60 days now.

The plastic voucher card hasn't even arrived in the mail yet!

Gomer

Original Poster
With the amount of different answers people have for this, I am beginning to wonder if someone from Disney is just doing this to mess with us. Let certain people do it and others not. Then sit back and laugh while people on message boards heads explode. :)

mcstensrud

I did exactly what you want to do on our recent trip in May ! Just enter voucher # on MDE and you will be all set.just activate AP when you go to your first park!

Gomer

Original Poster
I did exactly what you want to do on our recent trip in May ! Just enter voucher # on MDE and you will be all set.just activate AP when you go to your first park!
Great to hear! 3-1 on yes so far. Looking good for what I want to do.

Rob562

I may be mistaken, but I think the problem some people were having was with AP *renewals* not necessarily getting them immediate access to FP+.

-Rob

Gomer

Original Poster
I may be mistaken, but I think the problem some people were having was with AP *renewals* not necessarily getting them immediate access to FP+.

-Rob

Thanks Rob. Maybe that is what I was seeing. That would make more sense then why there were such discrepancies in the outcomes for different people. Thanks for the insight!

kellygirl

We purchased DVC ap's this year and were able to link the vouchers to MDE. We haven't been yet to exchange our vouchers. We were able to make fast pass+ reservations at the 60 day mark prior to our hotel reservation.

danv3

I've got the same scenario coming up for a DVC stay in October. I want to use an AP voucher (not a renewal) to link to MDE and make FP+ reservations 60 days out, but I don't want the AP to actually start running until I reach the gate in October, as I'm planning to go back one week earlier next year. I hope it works!

There was a question on the moms' panel earlier this month that confirmed that you could link a voucher in MDE and make FP+, but it didn't expressly confirm that the year wouldn't start running until when you actually activated the pass. http://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?pgm=2&pid=120&cid=128&qid=259575

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom