DVC resale question

Disneygrl36

Original Poster
Has anyone here on the boards bought points for the DVC as a resale? If so who did you go through & does it work well? Thanks in advance for your help.

DisneyPhD

We own at VWL and bought through Disney in 2002. However if we got an add on it would be resale now. We often check out the disboards (www.disboards.com) DVC site and resale site (from the Timeshare store I belive, there are others.) They list what is avilable.

I think 1st time buyers should at least contact DVC and get the info packages, tapes and talk to at guide 1 on 1 for a while. There is nothing stopping you from buying resale after you have learned it all from the guide. Our guides name was Mary Manix.

Good luck, check out disboards, the DVC forem is a wealth of info with well over a 1,000 active DVC members on it. (there seem to be 20 or 30 of us at magic.)

lavitzt

DisneyPhD question, if you buy a resale when is the lease up? I heard that if you buy a resale you buy the remainder of the lease is this true?

wdwguru

Any resale you buy is going to be for the remainder of the lease, unless you buy someone's Saratogo's Spring, which went on sale within the past year. Saratoga Springs is good for 50 years. I believe everything else is less than 40 right no. I thinks it is actually 38.

DisneyPhD

Correct, Saratoga Springs contracts are through 2054 while all other DVC properties go until 2042.
One thing to keep in mind when buying resale is how many points are currently available on the contract. What I mean is that the seller may have used up all of this years points and possibly even borrowed (and used) all of next years points. So you might buy it now but not be able to take a trip until 2006. Other contracts may have a bunch banked meaning you could take a bunch of trips immediately. Lots of little things to think about but if you have a good resale agent, they should be able to help sort throught it all. I've heard good things about the Timeshare Store.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom