DVC rental advice

agallagher

Looking at trying a DVC rental for our trip next year. Anyone have a preference on company's David's or DVC rental?? We will purchase trip insurance just incase but nervous about the whole process. I know we need to book at least 11 months out but not sure who has the most inventory. Any advice would be appreciated.

Weather_Lady

I've only ever rented from David's, but I have made requests through, and had communications with, the DVC Rental Store. Both companies are reputable, and both were up-front with cost information and contract terms, were responsive to communications (e-mail and phone), and were totally professional in their dealings with me. I wouldn't hesitate to rent through either one.

Upvote 0

jpeden

In the Parks
No
We use DVC rental, mainly because at one point they didn’t charge you to search for and confirm a reservation, charging you only after the reservation was made. David’s at one point charged to search and then refunded that if they didn’t find it which I didn’t love - not sure if they still have that policy or not.

Upvote 0

BigHero4

We've only used David's with tremendous success, and so far, excellent service.

I see you did mention travel insurance... if you buy the Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) insurance, most insurance companies require that you buy the insurance within 14 days of your initial deposit. So, if you want CFAR insurance, you will need to buy it within 14 days of the initial down payment to the DVC renter.

Upvote 0

agallagher

Original Poster
We've only used David's with tremendous success, and so far, excellent service.

I see you did mention travel insurance... if you buy the Cancel For Any Reason (CFAR) insurance, most insurance companies require that you buy the insurance within 14 days of your initial deposit. So, if you want CFAR insurance, you will need to buy it within 14 days of the initial down payment to the DVC renter.
Thanks for the tip. I was wondering when that had to be purchased!!

Upvote 0

Wendylet

I have booked twice now with David’s and been extremely satisfied with their service. Taking insurance is super important and the CFAR as mentioned is valuable and does need to be done quickly. Our first trip we had to cancel but I had both regular and CFAR insurance and we had an insurable reason so we got everything back (10 people…. A lot of money). We then booked again with David’s and have our trip booked for May. This company is so approachable and assisted me greatly the first time around as I was also extremely nervous. Everything has worked out well so I highly reccomend them!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom