DVC Questions

CaptChris

Original Poster
We just returned from WDW and before we arrived at WDW we did the Timeshare discount ticket deal. You know, sit through a 90 minute sales pitch, and get discount tickets to Universal, Sea World or wherever. I was very impressed with the time share concept especially for a Florida vacation. I wasn't really sold on the West Gate property, because I am a Disney fan.

I stopped by a kiosk in MGM a few days after I went to West Gate, and was immediately impressed with the price. It is significantly less than West Gate, and the point system was very attractive to me. My question is this.

Like any other property, is the price negotiable?

How much is due at signing?

If the price is right and everything seems reasonable, then I am very interested in becoming a member. I wanted to take a tour, but we were only there for the weekend, and I didn't wish to take my kids away from the parks for a couple of hours. Besides, I don't have any money after a great vacation to buy! Have to save for a few months!

If anyone could help me out, I would appreciate it.

goofyman

What makes the DVC so diff then aothers is the points. they make it very flexable. As for the price , it is what it is unless you buy a resale one. you maybe be able to work a deal for other benifits such as when you can start using your points or any other bonuses they maybe offering or have offered

good luck!

Gail Hayden

Through Disney, no wiggle room on the price. As to down payment, that will vary on a variety of things. Best to speak to someone at DVC. There is no obligation and they are very low key.

DisneyPhD

You can buy points at SSR now, (the only one still for sale) or you can get resale points through the Timeshare store or some place like that. There is no "wiggle room" with the price with Disney. You might be able to get a few dollars varience with resale.

The amount of dues are different depending on what resort you buy into. The only differnce in owning in different resorts is you get a 2 month advatange in booking there. You can book 11 months out at your home resort. 7 months at any other resort. We own at Villas Wilderenss Lodge, but have no problems staying at other resorts so far.

If you want to vacation at Disney DVC is the way to go. We love it. Lots of flexibilty and great accomodations. You are not limited to Disney if you want you can do to many other places. (but the saving is not as great.)

A few things to know are you can bank one years worth of points, and borrow the next years points. However if you want to bank you do have to do it by a certin time.

The biggest differnce is DVC rooms don't get housekeeping daily. I don't miss it at all. Some people need a maid on vacation. (not me! :kiss: )

DVC is wonderful. We love it, remember "Members are Magical!"

Oh and starting this year DVC members get $100 off AP!

ripleysmom

The amount that you put down determines the interest rate for DVC financing. Unlike most other timeshare properties DVC offers financing and it is considered a mortgage for tax purposes.

DH and I looked at Silver Lake and were seriously considering the purchase. DH convinced me to take a tour of DVC and there was just no comparison, either in terms of price or convenience. We bought without a backward glance.

Imagine a unit with the convenience of kitchen and laundry facilities that is onsite with all of the Disney amenities. That is what made DVC a no-brainer for our family.

Gail Hayden

ripleysmom said:
The amount that you put down determines the interest rate for DVC financing. Unlike most other timeshare properties DVC offers financing and it is considered a mortgage for tax purposes.

DH and I looked at Silver Lake and were seriously considering the purchase. DH convinced me to take a tour of DVC and there was just no comparison, either in terms of price or convenience. We bought without a backward glance.

Imagine a unit with the convenience of kitchen and laundry facilities that is onsite with all of the Disney amenities. That is what made DVC a no-brainer for our family.

Hey RM!!!
The downpayment can vary also with credit scores. Less than perfect credit will require a larger downpayment and often, shorter terms.
It is rather difficult to go and buy elsewhere once you see DVC. For us, WAY back, we bought it sight unseen, and it was a no brainer then, too. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom