DVC points

dreamteacher

Original Poster
I am so sorry if this has already been asked. I honestly don't want to sit here and read through everything right now. I am looking into buying DVC. I was wondering if I buy 50 points every year does that mean I get 50 this year and next and if I don't use them for 4 years will I have 200 points or 50? Can you add up the points for a long time or do you have to use them within a certain time? Thank you

Nero the dog

The points you have this year have to be "banked", you then have until the end of your next use year to use them or lose them. Next year you would have the banked points from this year, plus next years points. You can then also borrow your points from the following year. This is the most you can have, so 3x the number of points you own.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You don't actually "buy" 50 points each year. You buy 50 points once, then pay the dues on those points each year. The amount of the dues are different for each resort, and are based on so much per point. Disney CANNOT make a profit on the dues, as they are regulated by Florida timeshare law, and may only be used for maintenance and upkeep. If you buy 50 points this year, you can then bank those points into 2014. If you want to take a trip that "costs" more than the 100 points you have available, you can borrow up to your 50 points from your 2015 allotment to make up the difference. So you can have up to 150 points available every 3 years for a stay.

harryk

Should you actually 'purchase' 50 points each year you may find it not very cost effective. Take the time to speak with a sales person at one of the DVC desks, take a tour at one of the open houses and really listen to what the sales person is telling you. ASK QUESTIONS The sales people are very low key and more than willing to explain the points system to you. Look through the material on the desks and see how many points it takes to spend a night, a week, a week-end, high season, low season, moderate season.
You will find out that your question regarding 50 points will have many many different answers - especially at the 'resort' you are interested in buying into.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom