DVC Points For Cruises

correcaminos

I only get the back as reservation points. Already converted out of DVC. DVC has stated we will not be getting the points back. I can only use them for a cruise or disney collection rooms, not DVC rooms. And I haven't looked in while, but I remember the caribbean beach resort being about 35 points per night. Way over SSR or OKW where they would get used.

I would ask again honestly. They canceled the cruise, not you. That's normally what happens if the one booking cancels, but not what should happen in this case. I would be super sweet and just say "this isn't cool" and go from there. Yes Disney collection is high. I spent just as many points on 1 room as I would've for a 1 bedroom at GC or something like that.

Bpmorley

I would ask again honestly. They canceled the cruise, not you. That's normally what happens if the one booking cancels, but not what should happen in this case. I would be super sweet and just say "this isn't cool" and go from there. Yes Disney collection is high. I spent just as many points on 1 room as I would've for a 1 bedroom at GC or something like that.
The nice is done, I was nice for the first 15 calls. It accomplished nothing.

correcaminos

The nice is done, I was nice for the first 15 calls. It accomplished nothing.

You know my fridge died this summer while it was under warranty. I was 7 weeks without a fridge. Yes, like 2 months no working fridge outside of the dorm fridge we had. I was nice the whole time. Firm, but nice. Nice goes a long way. They refunded my money and I have a new fridge. It was hard as I was mad and losing patience (you would too almost 2 months of no fridge in the middle of summer). I still am waiting on the money for new food I had to buy and I first wrote in in June. No calling 15 times or lawyering up. I will keep pressing kindly but firmly.

I suggest you write in. dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com
that's a great e-mail. Also Terri Schultz - not sure if her e-mail is terri.shultz@ disney.com or terri.a.schultz@disney.com though.

Bpmorley

You know my fridge died this summer while it was under warranty. I was 7 weeks without a fridge. Yes, like 2 months no working fridge outside of the dorm fridge we had. I was nice the whole time. Firm, but nice. Nice goes a long way. They refunded my money and I have a new fridge. It was hard as I was mad and losing patience (you would too almost 2 months of no fridge in the middle of summer). I still am waiting on the money for new food I had to buy and I first wrote in in June. No calling 15 times or lawyering up. I will keep pressing kindly but firmly.

I suggest you write in. dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com
that's a great e-mail. Also Terri Schultz - not sure if her e-mail is terri.shultz@ disney.com or terri.a.schultz@disney.com though.
I get what you're saying, and I will calm down eventually. I also haven't had a day off since I've been back. Counting tonight's shift that's 96 hours since I got home sunday

correcaminos

I get what you're saying, and I will calm down eventually. I also haven't had a day off since I've been back. Counting tonight's shift that's 96 hours since I got home sunday
That's a total bummer seriously. Do try writing into those people. They respond and it can go up a chain that MS doesn't do.

correcaminos

who did you send to and also did you get the generic response received at least?

I've never had any e-mails unanswered - good or bad. The one I sent directly to (at the time) Potrock's office was responded to in less than 12 hours and by phone. All the others have had positives and got some generic then specific reply back.

Bpmorley

who did you send to and also did you get the generic response received at least?

I've never had any e-mails unanswered - good or bad. The one I sent directly to (at the time) Potrock's office was responded to in less than 12 hours and by phone. All the others have had positives and got some generic then specific reply back.
Everything got answered yesterday. According to DVC they were going to contact everyone affected by this whether or not they contacted DVC or not. We got our points back to DVC points, 2-4 day non expiration hopper passes and a $400 visa disney gift card. And that was all my wife.
According to the CM, they realized there were alot of problems and had to take them on a one by one basis. The rules on stuff like this didn't mean the same to some. Like about trying to change the 1 bdr into a studio and being told that we would lose the 1 bdr pts because it's past the cancellation date. Even though I only booked it the day before. She said under normal circumstances that is the rules, but that shouldn't apply, and most likely won't in the future, during a hurricane or any other huge event. They even offered to give me more stuff, but I was extremely happy with what they gave us. She did say(without getting in specifics) that there were tons of people with airport problems, car rentals, outside hotel issues to count. Chances are if this was to happen again they would just cancel the cruise right away and avoid all of this. She said they're probably gonna be on the phones constantly for a few weeks with people to make this right in all cases.

correcaminos

Everything got answered yesterday. According to DVC they were going to contact everyone affected by this whether or not they contacted DVC or not. We got our points back to DVC points, 2-4 day non expiration hopper passes and a $400 visa disney gift card. And that was all my wife.
According to the CM, they realized there were alot of problems and had to take them on a one by one basis. The rules on stuff like this didn't mean the same to some. Like about trying to change the 1 bdr into a studio and being told that we would lose the 1 bdr pts because it's past the cancellation date. Even though I only booked it the day before. She said under normal circumstances that is the rules, but that shouldn't apply, and most likely won't in the future, during a hurricane or any other huge event. They even offered to give me more stuff, but I was extremely happy with what they gave us. She did say(without getting in specifics) that there were tons of people with airport problems, car rentals, outside hotel issues to count. Chances are if this was to happen again they would just cancel the cruise right away and avoid all of this. She said they're probably gonna be on the phones constantly for a few weeks with people to make this right in all cases.

Glad it was worked out. I feared that what you said is what was going on. They have rules they can override and will without question during the hurricane season (they have a specific hurricane policy even written) but it has to go through a specific group who can override the system. At least that's what I've been told. Glad you were given your points back and compensated. Sorry it was a pain for you though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom