Dvc points for cruise borrowing exception?

A.Walker

Original Poster
We are thinking of borrowing points for a cruise - I know and fully understand this is not the best use of points, but we are military and don't live near FL right now and schedules make it hard to plan and get the rooms we want on the dates we want as we can't book out far enough in advance. And at this point, it would be nice to do something a bit different than our normal Disney trip anyway.
I thought I remembered reading there were some exceptions for borrowing 100% for certain types of bookings (adventures, cruises, etc) to help burn off excess points. But I can't seem to find any info about that now. Did I imagine that? Are cruises still locked in the 50%borrowing rule too?

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
We are thinking of borrowing points for a cruise - I know and fully understand this is not the best use of points, but we are military and don't live near FL right now and schedules make it hard to plan and get the rooms we want on the dates we want as we can't book out far enough in advance. And at this point, it would be nice to do something a bit different than our normal Disney trip anyway.
I thought I remembered reading there were some exceptions for borrowing 100% for certain types of bookings (adventures, cruises, etc) to help burn off excess points. But I can't seem to find any info about that now. Did I imagine that? Are cruises still locked in the 50%borrowing rule too?
People are borrowing full points for cruises. You can even borrow 100% of your points for 2 use years away for a cruise if the cruise falls in that UY.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom