DVC Online Account Logistics

anchorman314

Original Poster
Hi all. I have sort of a convoluted situation that I was hoping for some guidance on.

Background: Four of my relatives are on the deed of one contract -- 2 grandparents, aunt, and uncle. My aunt has been managing bookings, but strictly over the phone. As far as she knows, none of the 4 have ever set up online DVC accounts (and likely not Disney accounts either). In order to take advantage of a Moonlight Magic event, I want to help her set up any account she would need. From what I understand, she would first need a Disney online account, and once that is created, a separate DVC online account that uses the same email address and password as the Disney account. And I think she'll need to call Member Services to get an activation code? It's a direct membership from many years ago, so I would venture to guess that online accounts were not all that prevalent back then. Once that is all set up, she'd then have full access to the points online, and would (presumably) get all member emails, such as the Moonlight Magic signup link?

And just to add another layer of complexity to this, would this affect MDE at all? Right now, I have profiles set up for each member of the travel party (of which she is one), and they are all managed by me. Would there be any advantage to "inviting" her to manage her MDE profile that I am currently managing? (She typically doesn't go to WDW without me.) The only thing I can think of would be that managing her own MDE profile would allow her to link it to the DVC profile, so MDE recognizes her DVC status. But is that worth it?

Thanks!

DisneyJoe

A Disney online account IS the login for MDE. A bit ago they consolidated all of their accounts into one account system, so that your Disney account logs you into MDE, shopDisney, ESPN, etc. I do not know how that affects DVC.

correcaminos

A Disney online account IS the login for MDE. A bit ago they consolidated all of their accounts into one account system, so that your Disney account logs you into MDE, shopDisney, ESPN, etc. I do not know how that affects DVC.

Now they are all the same.

When I first got our DVC online account they had me set up with a different e-mail (they couldn't reuse my old for some reason) and the merge didn't go great and even I don't know how many years later I still have issues. So my thoughts are to call MS, get your log in and connect it to your account. Each member can have their own log in as well. As of right now I have one for myself and my husband, but he could get his own if he wanted. We just don't see the point in doing so.

dreamfinder

If you aren't on the deed, member services will most likely not talk to you. But your general theory is right. They would need to have their own self managed Disney accounts (You could say MDE, but as pointed out they are all the one and the same). There are ways to handle that creation when they have an account that had previously been managed by someone else, dig through the MyMagic+ info for details. They would then need to get the online registration info from their guide. I believe it essentially is an authorization code that tells their system what deeds to associate with the Disney account. It's not a different login account, it just needs to associate the info together, kind of like how you can add a reservation using the booking number. After they do that they would be able to manage their DVC through the online portal. You could still make FP+ bookings on their behalf as long as they had you listed as a "Family & Friends" member.

correcaminos

If you aren't on the deed, member services will most likely not talk to you. But your general theory is right. They would need to have their own self managed Disney accounts (You could say MDE, but as pointed out they are all the one and the same). There are ways to handle that creation when they have an account that had previously been managed by someone else, dig through the MyMagic+ info for details. They would then need to get the online registration info from their guide. I believe it essentially is an authorization code that tells their system what deeds to associate with the Disney account. It's not a different login account, it just needs to associate the info together, kind of like how you can add a reservation using the booking number. After they do that they would be able to manage their DVC through the online portal. You could still make FP+ bookings on their behalf as long as they had you listed as a "Family & Friends" member.

You don't need the guide to give you the online registration. Just calling Member Services was all I had to do. While only those on the deeds can talk with MS - or at least have to confirm who they are first and then pass the phone over.

dreamfinder

You don't need the guide to give you the online registration. Just calling Member Services was all I had to do. While only those on the deeds can talk with MS - or at least have to confirm who they are first and then pass the phone over.

Eh, I always think of MS as the guides since I've never actually spoken to my guide.

correcaminos

Eh, I always think of MS as the guides since I've never actually spoken to my guide.

Admittedly that's the first time I've heard anyone view it that way. But no matter what better to clarify and not confuse newbies. The CMs at MS will be able to help out. Guides are separate and help with sales and sale type questions :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom