DVC On The Boats?

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
A member here mentioned that there is some form of a DVC reception on the boats for member. Has anyone done this before?

Bolna

If you are a DVC member, you are supposed to get a magnet on your door, a box with lanyards and an invite to the "Member Celebration". It is also in the navigator. On our cruise (5-night from Miami) it was on the morning of our first full day, but I have heard that sometimes it is on embarkation day. At the Member Celebration I got a hat for everyone in my party and then afterwards we all got a bag and a bingo card. There were some prices given out during the event as well. They showed some videos, not only about DVC, but also about Adventures by Disney and about what is new at Disney parks (which included all the worldwide Disney parks surprisingly!). There were pastries, mimosas and all kind of non-alcoholic drinks available. I thought it was a neat event and while they told you about the available incentives, it was not too much of a sales pitch.

Also, make sure to visit the DVC desk daily, they hand out small things to the DVC members daily. One day we also got a small lithograph in our cabin from DVC. I really liked all this! :D

Oh, and if you don't get the magnet and the lanyards, just go and ask the DVC people - I did it and got the stuff from them directly.

rufio

If you are a DVC member, you are supposed to get a magnet on your door, a box with lanyards and an invite to the "Member Celebration". It is also in the navigator. On our cruise (5-night from Miami) it was on the morning of our first full day, but I have heard that sometimes it is on embarkation day. At the Member Celebration I got a hat for everyone in my party and then afterwards we all got a bag and a bingo card. There were some prices given out during the event as well. They showed some videos, not only about DVC, but also about Adventures by Disney and about what is new at Disney parks (which included all the worldwide Disney parks surprisingly!). There were pastries, mimosas and all kind of non-alcoholic drinks available. I thought it was a neat event and while they told you about the available incentives, it was not too much of a sales pitch.

Also, make sure to visit the DVC desk daily, they hand out small things to the DVC members daily. One day we also got a small lithograph in our cabin from DVC. I really liked all this! :D

Oh, and if you don't get the magnet and the lanyards, just go and ask the DVC people - I did it and got the stuff from them directly.

Do you get these things if you don't use your points to sail? We're paying cash.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster
Wow, thanks for all the speedy and informative responses. This has me that much more excited!

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Original Poster

Thanks! Would you be able to say what kind of bag it is? Plastic or drawstring style?

Bolna

I just remembered that one sign that they knew I was a DVC member was that a few weeks before the cruise I got a DCL email which included this paragraph:

Come have fun with your fellow Disney Vacation Club® cruisers, enjoy refreshments and surprises, hear the newest Member news and test your Disney trivia knowledge. Plus, discover the latest offers and special cruise discounts that you'll only hear about during your Disney Cruise Line voyage. For time and location during your cruise, check your onboard Personal Navigator. Click Here for important disclosure.

LSU_Tigger

My family and I just cruised on the Fantasy in May and we used some points for the cruise and cash for the rest. We went to every meet and greet for DVC and got stuff (hats, bags, nice leather binder, etc.). Everyday my wife and I made a point to pass by the DVC booth to recieve the days goodies which were nice touches to the trip. Also, while we were on the cruise they had made the announcement public for Grand Floridian DVC and started offering sales to DVC members only on the cruise. Well, I didn't know it at the time, but we needed more points and from GF DVC resort. That's what my wife said and I didn't argue. Haha! Now they did have very good deals on the ship at other resorts that are still for sale, so good luck and enjoy the gifts!

pcarathers

we just got back in May from the Dream and we NEVER said anything about being DVC members...they just knew!!! we also got the mesh backpack/bag, leather binder. and hats and pins, and the lanyards were on our bed.....we attended one of the presentations just to see if they said anything about GF DVC, but all they said was what we already knew, didnt know at that time when points would become available for purchase....going again on the DREAM in June 2014 and counting down the days~!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom