DVC Members - Share the Magic

Tagrel

Good Luck with the new job! We have been DVC members since 2001 and have taken some truly wonderful vacations. We own at VWL and BCV, but we hope to eventually stay at all the DVC resorts. So far we have stayed there as well as Vero and BWV. Loved them all!

It took a few years to convince my wife, but after touring a one bedroom unit she was sold. They really make it a vacation! DVC has allowed us to take longer trips, and stay in the deluxe catagory without worrying about discount hunting or doing the reservation shuffle. We love the flexibility of being able to use our points any way we choose for long or short vacations. Choosing unit type to suit the needs of the trip is really great too. For longer trips, that one bedroom with all the amenities is invaluable. The Washer/Dryer alone lets us bring half the clothes and saves us from spending vacation time in the laundry room. And soaking in the Jacuzzi tub after walking the parks all day is AWESOME. After joining DVC the commando touring could end as well. We always know that we'll be back again, so we don't hesitate to bypass any extra long lines. And we finally feel we can really ENJOY what the resort has to offer instead of spending every second in the parks.

If you are interested, I have trip reports starting with our first trip home in August 2002 through our latest trip in August 2005! More detail than anyone other than family could appreciate, but there are pictures! ;)

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Sure Tagrel, I would love to hear about it.
Today was day 1, we toured Saratoga. I had seen the Boardwalk models, but when we got to the Grand Villa at Saratoga,..... OH DEAR LORD!
I have enjoyed what you all have shared with me. DVC seems so wonderful. I am so excited to be on this team.

Tagrel

Magic Maker said:
Sure Tagrel, I would love to hear about it.
Today was day 1, we toured Saratoga. I had seen the Boardwalk models, but when we got to the Grand Villa at Saratoga,..... OH DEAR LORD!
I have enjoyed what you all have shared with me. DVC seems so wonderful. I am so excited to be on this team.

I have only seen the BWV Grand Villas and thought they were amazing! LOVE to stay in one sometime.

My latest trip report can be found here: August 2005 . All the others are linked from the main site under trip reports. We stayed at VWL and BCV this year, and had a great time at both! :D

Magic Maker

Original Poster
I am excited about this role and I love DVC, it seems awesome. I think once I am on my own two feet and established myself better I will look into it myself.
Have any of you used it in a Member Getaway?

disneyfan0423

I'll be happy to share my story. Here it goes:

I'm only 16 years old, but WDW has had a special place in my life ever since I was born. I've been there at least one or more times every year since I was born. Going to WDW is like going "home" for me. I feel so "at peace" with everything around me, LOL, yea it sounds wierd. But its like everything just feels "right" when I'm there. My parents bought into the DVC in '97, and I'm so glad they did. Now, not only do I feel like I'm going home when I visit, I can actually say that I am - "WELCOME HOME". I can't even imagine my life without WDW. I live in Miami right now, and I'm a a Junior in HS. My plans after I graduate are to go to school in the Orlando area, and possibly get a starting job working for WDW. After getting my degree, I want to try becoming an Imagineer. Whether I accomplish my dream or not, I will never ever stop going to WDW. DVC has helped me feel secure, that no matter what, I will be able to come back. ::takes a bow:: Thanks for listening to my speech,(you asked for it).;)

MR. DISNEY

My story goes like this: On my honeymoon (1994) My wife and I went to Old Key West for a tour and FREE ICE CREAM SUNDAYS. We looked around and thought this is the greatest thing, but both agreed that we needed a house first (we lived in a condo). We continued to go to Disney World every year sometimes twice. In the summer of 1999 we “found” that we could afford the points and our new house so we call back and talked to the same person who gave us the tour. (Linda). At Christmas My wife and I found out that we were expecting a baby. This was after we booked a trip with our entire family for New Years Eve. On this trip we said lets go to this new resort and take a “look”. (We bought this just to get in and never looked at Wilderness Lodge.) The whole family said WOW next time we come to WDW we should stay here! Than we told them we just bought this. Well everyone was overjoyed at the news of the BABY and the DVC. Than we went to the room models, looked around, talked to the DVC rep and left. On our way out I took a picture of my wife by the Mickey Topiary holding the DVC logo. Now its 5 years later and we have a Beautiful Girl, a House, and DVC. Now every time we go to Wilderness Lodge (2 times a year for a total of 3 weeks) everybody knows and welcomes us BACK HOME, and we take a picture of my daughter by the Mickey.

crazycalf

We are new members. We're going to the DVC for the first time in January and we are taking my inlaws too. I'll let you know any magical moments once we go.

Have you started your new job yet?

Magic Maker

Original Poster
Yup today I picked up an extra shift at Boardwalk and I did it! I booked my first Open House, I am so excited. The best way to do my job is to have fun and that's what I did. Today I am at All Star Music then Sports from open - close, long day but it is sure to be fun. I will be thinking of all of you and the wonderful memories you have, thank you for sharing the magic.

littlestar

We had been going to Disney and staying on site since about 1996. The first time we noticed the DVC booth was in 2000. Then in 2001 we stayed over the weekend at WL. My husband and I were sitting at the quiet pool at the VWL and I made the comment, "gosh, I bet you have to be rich to buy in and stay in the villas." I told my husband it would probably take $40,000 to $50,000 to buy into the vacation club at least. Little did I know. Fast forward about six months later and I found out about DVC through the internet and studied up on it for abou five months and we bought in through phone sales in 2002 (Betty Prikyl is our guide - very nice lady).

We love the club - we have taken nieces, nephews, daughters, son-in-laws. We have really gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it.

Magic Maker

Original Poster
It is amazing how people have misconceptions and they never stop to ask, or they wait and wait and wait. I see it everyday. It is a big decision, but that is why I am there and that is why our Open House is there, to make it clear.

I cannot wait for the next few months, it is going to be a great time to be a DVC Cast Member, not that it isn't already.
And once I am out of school and have my own home, I am going to become a member.

crazycalf

Magic Maker said:
It is amazing how people have misconceptions and they never stop to ask, or they wait and wait and wait. I see it everyday. It is a big decision, but that is why I am there and that is why our Open House is there, to make it clear.

I cannot wait for the next few months, it is going to be a great time to be a DVC Cast Member, not that it isn't already.
And once I am out of school and have my own home, I am going to become a member.

We always passed by the booths on our first few trips.
I'd have to say even though we spent money on Disney vacations, it was worth it to wait to buy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom