DVC from the UK.

Speedbird

Original Poster
Dear All,

I'm looking to buy into DVC from the UK while the rates are still good. Has anyone else done this? Was it easy? Recommended? How?

Can the voices of experience help me out please?

Thanks

CAPTAIN HOOK

I'm sure that you've found the DVC link at the Disney website here - if you're not visiting WDW soon, then I would recommend sending off for the info pack.
We made tentative enquiries a few years ago - after we received the info through the post this was followed up by a no pressure phone call from the DVC in the USA. Unfortunately (due to circumstances at the time) we took it no further. I've still got the pack - PM me if you want further details

Speedbird

Original Poster
Thank you very much for your input. I've got the info pack and sneakily snapped every page of the book at one of the stands when the CM disappeared for a while! I know it starts at about $14700, but what do you get for that? Is that each for me and the wife? We're of to Paris at Christmas and hopefully WDW next year but I don't think there's any DVC stuff at DLRP. Might have to bite the bullet and phone the States.

edenlee

We bought three years ago from the UK and it was so easy. We had the "tour" in the Cotober whilst we were in WDW than we came home. We thought, and we thought and we thought!!!!! Six months later we rang ourSales person and said we wanted ot buy. She went through thte process again just to make sure then we were called by the accounts deprtment who went thoruhg th eprocess again, just to be sure we understood what we were buying. We thne had to phone them back(on a free phone number). They were so good at making sure we knew what we were letteing ourselves in for.The thing that swung it for us was the price comparison to buying a holiday home in the UK. It would have cost is £22k for a large static caravan, £2,500 to transport it and £1,500 per year in ground rent. Plus, because we were thinking of siting it in Cornwall, we would need to change it every five years as the site we wanted did not allow statics over 5 years old!!!DVC cost us £9k initial outlay (Beach Club) with a £300 per year maintenance fee. For that we can have 2 weeks holiday every year or 4 weeks every two years. We pay only for flights (which you can get cheap on the net), tickets and food. We save £150 a month and this covers the flights and tickets.So ask youself which is the better deal?????DVC wins hands down - go for it!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom