DVC Extravaganza!

Pongo

Original Poster
Jack Spence at AllEars.net has posted two blogs recently that have lots and lots of pictures of the new Bay Lake Tower and Treehouse Villas DVC units.

Bay Lake Tower:
http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/05/bay_lake_tower.html

Treehouse Villas:
http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/05/treehouse_villas_at_saratoga_s_1.html

Personally, I think they both look awesome. The Bay Lake Tower room looks like an INCREDIBLE place to stay and the view is just amazing. I also really like the decor of the Treehouses. Though I'm not really DVC's hugest fan, I will definitely admit that I really like how these places turned out. Great job, Disney!

jt04

Jack Spence at AllEars.net has posted two blogs recently that have lots and lots of pictures of the new Bay Lake Tower and Treehouse Villas DVC units.

Bay Lake Tower:
http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/05/bay_lake_tower.html

Treehouse Villas:
http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2009/05/treehouse_villas_at_saratoga_s_1.html

Personally, I think they both look awesome. The Bay Lake Tower room looks like an INCREDIBLE place to stay and the view is just amazing. I also really like the decor of the Treehouses. Though I'm not really DVC's hugest fan, I will definitely admit that I really like how these places turned out. Great job, Disney!

The Treehouse Villas are amazing. I'm very happy Disney kept that winning concept. I still think they should have marketed it as a seperate golfer DVC. But, no matter, I think it will sell out every night.

Great thread. Poor thread title. Sounds like your selling DVC's :lol:

Pongo

Original Poster
The Treehouse Villas are amazing. I'm very happy Disney kept that winning concept. I still think they should have marketed it as a seperate golfer DVC. But, no matter, I think it will sell out every night.

Great thread. Poor thread title. Sounds like your selling DVC's :lol:

:lol: I realized that after I posted it :rolleyes:

Maybe the mods can change the name? :lol:

Captain Chaos

Amazing... totally amazing.... I am staying at the Tree Houses in October, as well as Bay Lake.. Split my 2 weeks out between the two new offerings... Thank you for the pictures... Now I really can't wait!!!

durangojim

The treehouse villas look great and like a wonderful place to relax after a day at the parks. The tower on the other hand reminds me of what it would be like to have a condo that overlooks the Magic Kingdom, or a high roller suite in Vegas. It doesn't have the Disney feel to me as there doesn't seem to be much theming. It looks like a bunch of other places I can stay with more service for less money. Just my $.02.

jt04

The treehouse villas look great and like a wonderful place to relax after a day at the parks. The tower on the other hand reminds me of what it would be like to have a condo that overlooks the Magic Kingdom, or a high roller suite in Vegas. It doesn't have the Disney feel to me as there doesn't seem to be much theming. It looks like a bunch of other places I can stay with more service for less money. Just my $.02.

The closer the BLT gets to completion the more I like it. Don't mistake minimalist architecture for a "lack of theming". I don't think anyone wants every building to have the aethetics of a merry-go-round.

The Conundrum

Is the Treehouse Villa also a hotel or do you have to buy into DVC to stay there?

lol after looking at the photos the Treehouse Villias look so 70s/80s Disney (which is a GOOD thing).

Bay Lake Tower on the other hand...*shakes fist*

Captain Chaos

Is the Treehouse Villa also a hotel or do you have to buy into DVC to stay there?

lol after looking at the photos the Treehouse Villias look so 70s/80s Disney (which is a GOOD thing).

Bay Lake Tower on the other hand...*shakes fist*

Bay Lake Tower looks awesome.. get over it...

Tree House Villas are part of Saratoga.. If you own Saratoga, you can select the tree hosues to stay at.. They are not a separate hotel...

durangojim

The closer the BLT gets to completion the more I like it. Don't mistake minimalist architecture for a "lack of theming". I don't think anyone wants every building to have the aethetics of a merry-go-round.

I hear what you're saying, but to me it resembles too much of a common modern luxury hotel/condo which I can find in Chicago, New York, Las Vegas, LA, etc, nothing too unique except for the view. Not sure what you mean about merry-go-round theming.

jt04

I hear what you're saying, but to me it resembles too much of a common modern luxury hotel/condo which I can find in Chicago, New York, Las Vegas, LA, etc, nothing too unique except for the view. Not sure what you mean about merry-go-round theming.

See Dolphin/Swan.

hpyhnt 1000

Agreed. Honestly, it looks like a hotel room I could find in about at least a dozen other cities. It looks very nice, don't get me wrong, its a nice look for a hotel room and all, but (apart from the view of that particular room) it doesn't set itself apart. Now, its hard to say for sure unless you actually go there and walk thru the space, but, from the pictures, it just doesn't do it for me. :shrug:

Pongo

Original Poster
Agreed. Honestly, it looks like a hotel room I could find in about at least a dozen other cities. It looks very nice, don't get me wrong, its a nice look for a hotel room and all, but (apart from the view of that particular room) it doesn't set itself apart. Now, its hard to say for sure unless you actually go there and walk thru the space, but, from the pictures, it just doesn't do it for me. :shrug:

I feel like that statement could describe most of the rest of the contemporary rooms, especially after the refurbs.

It's hard to make something "Contemporary" without having it smack of cold harshness. The little touches, like the abstract Mickey pictures, etc. are really nice, IMO. I think it works perfectly.

Maybe it's not the tower you've got beef with, but the contemporary theme of the hotel? :shrug:

durangojim

I feel like that statement could describe most of the rest of the contemporary rooms, especially after the refurbs.

It's hard to make something "Contemporary" without having it smack of cold harshness. The little touches, like the abstract Mickey pictures, etc. are really nice, IMO. I think it works perfectly.

Maybe it's not the tower you've got beef with, but the contemporary theme of the hotel? :shrug:

Probably one of the reasons I don't really care for the Contemporary. I wonder if the Contemporary and or Bay Lake didn't have the view, would people be as excited (I doubt it). It just seems that the people who designed the hotel counted on the fact that the view is the main selling point and weren't terribly creative with the rest of it (I know that they wanted to tie it into the Contemporary) but they could have made a whole new themed resort.

jmuboy

DVC members have priority so any bribes will have to be directed to them.

:ROFLOL:

There is a great message board on wdwinfo.com for renting DVC units from DVC owners. I have used it and its great. nice way to try outt he DVC units that interest you without having to join. The prices for what you get are reasonable too (in relation to normal Disney hotel costs).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom