DVC Expansion?

Mouse Trap

Original Poster
Currently at DL and received a nice offer from DVC I couldn’t refuse in exchange for a soft sales pitch. During the pitch I mentioned I’d only be interested in DVC if I could “own” my DVC in Cali (my usual deflection, I’m not interested) and the DVC salesman surprisingly said something along the lines of “Hold off for now, I think we’ll have something for you here soon”. New DVC expansion in the works for DL?

dweezil78

Currently at DL and received a nice offer from DVC I couldn’t refuse in exchange for a soft sales pitch. During the pitch I mentioned I’d only be interested in DVC if I could “own” my DVC in Cali (my usual deflection, I’m not interested) and the DVC salesman surprisingly said something along the lines of “Hold off for now, I think we’ll have something for you here soon”. New DVC expansion in the works for DL?

Probably referring to the new hotel coming in 2021, I'm sure there will be new DVC opportunities coming along with it.

DLR92

I think DLH still have space for another tower. I am surprised Disney hasn't expanded DVC timeshares in Anaheim.

Ismael Flores

They should really get involved in the garden walk development and add a new DVC hotel there. The place is also up for sell again so why not take advantage and slowly turn it into an entertainment complex instead of just a retail mall

Darkbeer1

They should really get involved in the garden walk development and add a new DVC hotel there. The place is also up for sell again so why not take advantage and slowly turn it into an entertainment complex instead of just a retail mall

As I mentioned in the AGW thread, no way can Disney do that unless they buy the complex, plus the rights from Westgate, and/or the JW Marriott owner, plus then gets the city's permission. Besides, AGW has been morphing more into a Dining and Entertainment complex, Right now you have VR, Escape Rooms and a Magic Show in the retail area. No need for Disney to get involved.

And while not officially announced, all indications show the new 4th Hotel will have a DVC wing.

As for the Disneyland Hotel adding a 4th Hotel, that will not happen.

If we are looking forward a decade, I can see something near Katella and Walnut, if they can find the land, and attach it to the Simba Parking Structure area.

DLR92

There were talks and rumors of Disney of wanting to have a Disney hotel brand on the Garden Walk Site years ago, but have a third party company to manage it. But I am not sure if it was all a false rumor after all?
Frankly I am happy Garden Walk is having a JW Marriot over a Disney brand.

Darkbeer1

There were talks and rumors of Disney of wanting to have a Disney hotel brand on the Garden Walk Site years ago, but have a third party company to manage it. But I am not sure if it was all a false rumor after all?
Frankly I am happy Garden Walk is having a JW Marriot over a Disney brand.

There is still that possibility in the future. The owner of the building rights has the option to use any brand to manage the property, and at what level. There was talks, and ultimately placed on the back burner. That would be for a standard hotel, and not a Time-Share.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom