Trip Report DVC, Dinosaurs, Buckets & Booze! Now with added London & Paris! COMPLETE!

Hello and welcome to my trip report! The title will make sense I promise… eventually!

We’ve actually been home almost 3 weeks now and I’ve been writing this report for about 2. I just haven’t sorted through all my photos (and had the Disney blues, which always makes visiting the Trip Report forum hard!) but I’ve got a nice free Saturday now to sort through the photos and feel ready to post :)

So I guess the DVC and booze part of the title is self-explanatory, so I’ll start with that! Having bought into DVC on our last trip… what better way to try out all the options now available to us then making this a super-split-stay… and staying in 6 different resorts!! o_O Ok this wasn’t all completely intentional; it just kind of worked out this way (which will be explained shortly!)
It may sound crazy to some, but we actually loved trying out a bunch of different resorts over the 16 nights of this trip! 16 nights meant there was plenty of time to do so!

Now the booze element of the title… well, there was a liiiittle bit of drinking involved! If you’ve read any of my previous reports you’ll know we like a Disney Drink… or monorail crawl! It adds a little extra magic to the already magical day…

Originally I had wanted to name this report When You Wish Upon a Cronut, as leading up to the trip I had been day dreaming about all the delicious Disney food that exists in the magical bubble (don’t we all?!) and the Cronut in all it’s delicious-sugar-filled-butter-pastry-delicious glory is just one of the items that had been most on my mind! I’d not found one over here (in the UK) and there’s just something about sitting down and looking over World Showcase whilst increasing my blood sugar levels & calorie intake by a bajllion with that crazy pastry! Just one of those little ways of knowing I’M HOME when doing so.
However, I didn’t even end up getting a Cronut once this trip!! Despite being there for 16 nights this kind of became a theme of the trip in that some of the things we’d been daydreaming about and talking about doing or eating before the trip- along with some Disney staples- we somehow forgot to do or completely missed! So much so that back home our go-to joke phrase that we say or randomly message each other throughout the day is “Did we even Disney?!” that sometimes goes to “Did we even America?!” “Did we even plane?!” :joyfull:

Don’t get me wrong though, we still had an awesome time and the Disney blues are hitting HARD. It never gets any easier! I literally want to walk out of work every second (yep I’ve been writing this at work… when I can… ssh… who doesn’t go on the boards when at work?!) go get my husband and grab our passports and board a plane back to my real home. If I had the money to do so I wouldn’t look back!

So with all that info already (these first few posts are going to be wordy, sorry!) let’s get onto the who, the when & the where (x6 :joyfull: )

Who: Me (Sam) and my husband Russ

EBC8B509-FF05-4D07-91C9-F70BC57270EF.jpeg

Ok how about a non drinking in Disney photo:

BB736BB9-70AE-4094-B320-6E57B3B074D4.jpeg

We’re from the UK and this was our 11th trip to WDW together (I grew up going, Russ’ first trip was with me) and our first full trip as DVC members! We purchased DVC on the last trip- and actually used a few points right there and then- but this felt like the first “official” DVC trip!

Now onto the when and where…
September 21st-October 7th
16 days of glorious WDW. I can’t believe that it’s over a month now since we left for the trip!

So our last trip was in November/December 2018 and of course the Disney blues had hit hard as soon as we were home and it all felt like FOREVER ago within a month of being back! Although we had some tentative plans in place already for this year, by March/April we had to get bookings secured and make it real so that the Disney blues could become Disney excitement!

So first a little background, because this trip had some changes! And it will also explain the amount of resorts…
Originally we had a Disney Cruise booked for September 28th-Oct 5th. We planned to do a week in WDW before that and stay another 2 nights after the cruise. Having bought into DVC on our last trip (woo hoo!) we decided we wanted to try 2 different resorts in that first week. We quite like split stays and we wanted to try out places we hadn’t stayed before, which now being DVC members allowed us to do. So our original plan was for 3 nights at Copper Creek (our home resort) and 4 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge, before embarking on our cruise and returning for 2 nights at the Beach Club (our favourite resort which we have previously stayed at).

Then along came a slight spanner in the works. We secured Copper Creek for our first 3 nights and Beach Club for the last 2 nights after the cruise. However, AKL was only available for 3 nights- leaving our last night before the cruise without somewhere to stay. We thought we would waitlist AKL, but then I noticed a Theme Park View Studio at Bay Lake Tower was available for that night- and we thought why not? We were planning to do MNSSHP that night anyway, so it would be convenient for that- and we have also done split stays many times before, including 3 resorts in 5 nights once and we actually don’t find it that much of a hassle. So that became our new plan!

Then as happens sometimes, a second much larger spanner was thrown into the works. In May, a bit of a family emergency/situation came up that made it seem like we might have to postpone our trip. As it was quite up in the air whether we would be able to go- along with slight financial pressures- it seemed cancelling the cruise would be for the best. If it later turned out we could still go away, a WDW trip would be more than welcome. So we went ahead and cancelled the cruise, but decided to keep the DVC bookings since they were less of a commitment at that time.

We weren’t too sure until August whether we would be going ahead, when the family situation had settled and we knew we would be ok to take our trip! Whilst we were disappointed to not be cruising with DCL again (we’ve been trying to go again ever since we took our first Disney Cruise as part of our honeymoon nearly 4 years ago) it now meant we had over 2 weeks to enjoy WDW! It had been a good few years since we had stayed solely in Orlando for that long and we can’t wait! 16 days for all the parks, dining and resort time seemed like bliss! We had thought it felt a little rushed the past 3 or 4 trips as they had been shorter and/or filled with plans in & out of WDW (not that those hadn’t been great, we’d just been craving a long WDW trip). There are always so many things we want to repeat alongside new things to try- there never seems to be enough time no matter how long we’re there! And, as we’ve just found out anyway from this trip- 16 nights still isn’t long enough!! I think we actually did less than we’d planned for this trip than on our shorter trips!

So now that we knew we were going and that it would be 16 nights just in Orlando- the only issue was sorting rooms for the week that we originally thought we would be on the cruise for. This was a little more of a headache now with being way into the DVC booking window- and the announcement that Galaxies Edge would be open at that time!
We could only get 3 nights at Saratoga Springs for Oct 1st-4th. We booked it and waitlisted Beach Club/Boardwalk for those nights and hoped it would open up and swap us- and that the night of the 4th would become available either with points or the cash discount. Then I could align those nights with our DVC booking for the 5th and 6th Oct. We had our fingers crossed that we would get our waitlist for Beach Club and end up with 6 nights in a row there at the end!

That just left the 28th Sept - 1st Oct with nowhere booked (and no more points left!). So we decided to do those 3 nights offsite, to save money along with that we also wanted to visit some of the other non-Disney Orlando parks (sshh!) as well as some shopping and relaxing. Even this didn’t work out how we planned! I’ll explain when I get into that part of the trip, but we didn’t get to any off-site parks lol!

So, the waitlist literally 10 days out of the trip moved us to Boardwalk for the 1st-4th! That still left the night of the 4th to book somewhere before the 5th & 6th that we had locked down for Beach Club (are you still following?! o_O). There was no availability with points and no decent discounts for the night of the 4th at the Beach Club or Boardwalk- and since it was just one night it didn’t seem worth the rack rate- so we went for 1 night at Coronado Springs instead! A little crazy when being at the Boardwalk and then moving to Beach Club that we were then popping elsewhere on property for one night in between, but when the Boardwalk/Beach Club rates were near $600 and Coronado was $200… it was worth it. Plus we had wanted to visit Coronado during the trip anyway to see the new tower and restaurants. So for us, it was perfect!

And so, that was our crazy itinerary! :joyfull: For some it might seem like a nightmare, but we do actually like seeing and staying in different resorts- we’d done it before so we knew what it entailed- and as it’s just the two of us we don’t find it too bothersome. In fact, in some ways it makes the trip seem longer and more exciting getting to experience different resorts! We actually enjoyed waking up, calling bell services to collect our bags, heading out to a park and then coming back to a new resort afterwards! When we switched to AKL from Copper Creek our room was ready when we were back and we already had magic bands, so we simply went straight to our new room. It doesn’t usually take much time anyway to pop to check in on the way back from a park if need be- we usually time it so we arrive after check-in time anyway- and our bags have always arrived in a timely fashion after calling, if not having already been in our rooms! The only slight inconvenient time we had was when we moved on and off-site, as this meant we had to grab an Uber (we hadn’t hired a car) and take our luggage with us rather than being able to transfer. At Disney it was easy!

We actually a few years ago spent 3 months travelling- and most of our stays in various cities were for 3 or 4 nights! A couple were even 2 nights- so simply moving around WDW a few times over 2 weeks compared to new cities and countries every few days for 3 months was nothing really!

Ok, finally, here is what the itinerary actually was:
Sept 21st-24th Copper Creek at Wilderness Lodge
Sept 24th-27th Animal Kingdom Lodge
Sept 27th-28th Bay Lake Tower
Sept 28th-Oct 1st Off-site
Oct 1st-Oct 4th Boardwalk Resort
Oct 4th-5th Coronado Springs
Oct 5th-7th Beach Club Resort

I’ll get started on the report soon- I’ll just give a little info on what the trip plans entailed in the next post!

Ariel1986

Original Poster
After more exploring it was still only 9am and our Oga’s wasn’t until 9.55am- but there didn’t appear to be any line so we asked if we could go in early. They were happy to let us in and cancel our existing reservation and be a walk in. We were led in and it was actually pretty crowded already! We were sat at a table, but after a few minutes we decided we wanted to go to the bar to see more of what was going on.

DE81B1A6-6E9B-4AE6-9C55-D27E90BB0207.jpeg

82D8D1EB-C61B-4D2D-93A2-4D16FB78D89C.jpeg

F03DC706-D024-4B70-AD01-F52F83E48FAC.jpeg

I only took videos of the bar so here's a screenshot from that:

DEC5412C-7156-404D-81B1-060E02A46A05.jpeg

We found the place really cool- very noisy- but a fun atmosphere and lots of fun details. I liked some of the music and the bartenders joining in with cheers in some songs. A fun new place to hang and grab a drink- except for the price. A little steep! Russ had one of the ales and I had the Jet Juice. Which I didn’t realise was tiny and came in basically a shot glass!

CA41735B-16FD-4BE6-9405-2B1636A63F9C.jpeg

7F6A5D7C-98FE-4A21-8E8B-E65C019933A3.jpeg

It was still tasty however and definitely packed a punch! Unfortunately Russ didn't like his- I can't remember why, but he didn’t enjoy his drink too much. I’m keen to try more of the concoctions still!

As we left Oga’s we could see that the EMH had ended as the crowds started to pour in a little- a line was already formed outside Oga’s! We decided to head out of Galaxies Edge after this and make our way out of the park- we were getting hungry and our eating plans for the day were for Food and Wine!

On the way out:

B41396C6-B21E-46B2-9675-F6C7C26379BD.jpeg

8FFF6BED-A6AA-4A2C-9D22-4C8E3CC3305B.jpeg

Since it was only 10am and we weren’t sure if Food and Wine had started yet, we decided to walk the path between DHS and Epcot via the Boardwalk. We like this path anyway.

Hello buckets! I can’t wait to ride you!

1C732939-B274-430E-A638-96AA35F28ABA.jpeg

DBA0E0A9-2654-49EC-819A-6F90EE4B9909.jpeg

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Ahh the Boardwalk area, one of our favourite places. And we would be staying a about 8 days later, at two of the resorts!

336F89B0-16DE-4177-9C02-97AF4B0F1A8B.jpeg

After a leisurely stroll we were at the International Gateway and ready to eat! One thing we noticed this trip was that characters were meeting along the path up to World Showcase every time we entered. Today it was just Goofy, but every other time we entered this way we saw Mickey and Minnie also.

Before we entered World Showcase we popped into the shop at the entrance to buy one of the Food and Wine gift cards to try and keep track of spending (ha ha, yeah that worked!)

F44BFA48-57D0-4F61-BC16-D48D811BBC14.jpeg

Where to first? It wasn’t quite 11am yet, but we saw that stands were open. We decided to turn left and first up- even though we were quite hungry at this point- I had to get the Guinness Baileys shake! It didn’t disappoint! It was basically alcoholic chocolate milkshake with a hint of Baileys. I couldn’t really taste the Guinness but it didn’t matter!

BF9B85A3-BE5D-46FC-9994-ADD84665F535.jpeg

Now for some actual food- bacon cheese soup from Canada! SO GOOD. Omg so good.

CBA6A4B4-9733-4707-9B45-925B1D0109E3.jpeg

We started making our way round glancing at the menus as we passed. I liked the look of the lamb chop in Australia, but decided to pass for now. I didn’t want to pass on Hawaii though! Kahlua Pork Slider. Another home run! I think this was our favourite of the whole festival actually. We had it several times on other visits. I could do with one right now!

1CBA2490-D843-4D68-A45B-E5C282AADF68.jpeg

29BA3CF6-98AD-4424-B2D7-23AFB98DB062.jpeg

From here we kept on going around.

3BCBB26E-3C52-441F-BC15-CB0B847F34A5.jpeg

Thailand smelt good! And we love Thai food, but neither of us fancied rice or noodles at that point. The smell from the Caribbean Islands stand pulled us in! We went with the Jerk Chicken. I love how there’s actually a guy grilling out back here!

112CEC7C-4832-462C-870C-A492341C44DD.jpeg

Unfortunately this was just so so. The chicken in itself was fine; the flavour was just a little tame. There wasn’t any real jerk spice flavour to it- which is kind of a must when you eat jerk chicken! And definitely no heat (as in it wasn’t spicy at all). It was a shame as we LOVE jerk chicken!

Ariel1986

Original Poster
From here we didn’t get very far- I think we went in too hungry this day! We stopped at the Mexico booth for the beef tostada. This was decent- nothing to rave about but tasted nice enough. Was pretty though!

A539A5B2-2ACA-4BDB-8FF4-2978E45DA4ED.jpeg

We skipped actually entering the pavilions today- we just wanted to wonder and check out the different booths. Even though I was getting a little full I HAD to try the raclette of cheese!!

8C8F1BEC-7F03-49E5-9D1B-80DFFA4930F0.jpeg

After I had paid I stood behind one other guest who had requested the raclette without one of the other ingredients (it was served with bread, potatoes and cornichons). I hadn’t realised he had asked for it without one of the other ingredients and as the CM handed me one from a tray of about ten that had obviously sat there for a while and congealed quite a bit, I asked if I could have one straight from the raclette like the guest before me… the CM looked at me like I was an alien and just shook his head before I had even finished asking so I quickly said ok no worries and walked away with my cold congealed cheese.

79E4398F-9DED-4E27-A47C-A52DD196F81F.jpeg

I understand why, but he made me feel a bit silly for even contemplating asking- also why had they prepared so many to just sit there at the beginning of the day when it clearly wasn’t yet busy- there wasn’t even anyone in the queue after me. I have to say though this was the only “meh” CM of the trip and it wasn’t really even a tiny deal. We actually noticed a huge difference in the CMs this trip with lots of super happy greetings from each one we met or passed and each one we approached was willing to help. It was very noticeable. I don’t know if we were just lucky or there has been a shift there, but apart from at the Alps stand I can’t think of one other CM who wasn’t super happy to greet us and ready to help.

Anyway, back to the raclette of cheese- obviously as it was cold and congealed it wasn’t great, and the taste wasn’t that good either. The best part was the potatoes and cornichons! Even the bread tasted stale. Oh well. Boo. I’d been really looking forward to it!

Moving on, drinks were needed! So we stopped at permanent drinks stand in America for a Hard Cherry Cider for me and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale for Russ. This became Russ’ favourite drink of the trip- and it was strong- I think 8 or 9%!

B3824DDD-031B-4D44-9AF4-A3969A3F0199.jpeg

6C69C21B-277D-44F1-B938-A332052492AE.jpeg

452D92D8-D088-4F2B-A1D8-3A9C35E2BC8B.jpeg

4A2DE889-9D45-49BC-9C9D-405F31EF25D7.jpeg

By this point it was nearing midday- and we had filled ourselves up maybe a little too quickly. After being up early a mid-day break back at Copper Creek seemed like what was needed. We headed back round to International Gateway but stopped at one of the fireworks viewing/event areas to sit and finish our drinks.

Buckets on the way out!

83273048-5FE9-4429-995C-61F14F095BAA.jpeg

We then actually headed out of the Boardwalk to pop to the Speedway nearby (again!) to grab some more beers and drinks for the room. We then popped back to the Boardwalk to catch a boat to DHS, where we waited for a bus back to Wilderness Lodge.

D78F72D3-7BD8-4C31-9F6E-47D581101142.jpeg

This bird at the boat dock had a really bright blue colour within the black feathers, photo didn’t really capture it.

ADDF6E6C-7260-475F-9BA2-3EDD20010DDF.jpeg

We didn’t wait too long and before we knew it we were back relaxing in our room.

Ariel1986

Original Poster
We got back at about 1.30pm and had a restful couple of hours. We actually took a nap for a little while as we wanted to try and push through to staying up later this evening- as tomorrow was out After Hours event at Animal Kingdom from 9am-12pm. We needed to shift our body clock for that!

We successfully napped and awoke fresh and ready to head to Disney Springs!

Lovely Wilderness Lodge! I knew I would enjoy this resort, but I REALLY loved it. So beautiful and peaceful.

667CB2BC-31CA-464C-BD7E-BC39FEA0D49D.jpeg

EDE930BA-6AC3-4F29-BAA3-0F4EF0F66EB9.jpeg

Ahhhh I really do love it at Disney Springs even the palm trees and their twinkly lights!

9157CA45-C615-4B9D-94F1-E4DBB531F532.jpeg

So on one of our past trips we bought the refillable moonshine bottles from Homecoming that give you a discount on refills. We had brought these with us to the Springs to do so (and actually I think we brought drinks from the room in these to drink enroute!) We went with the Rumshine Punch once we'd finished our room drinks. Delicious.

EECB1FC0-97AA-4AB2-937D-E530F281496E.jpeg

Today we were able to take our time wondering some of the shops since we weren’t as jet lagged as yesterday- and I had a good browse around Disney Style- my favourite store! Well, one of many in Disney Springs! I was tempted by this bag! And this mug- this phrase is one of my tattoos! (As it is one of Alisa’s- another one of the reasons we ended up meeting through these boards, after finding we had a lot in common- we have the same Beauty & the Beast tattoo!)

956E761E-8020-4686-A917-BE10D7A7B10F.jpeg

C88A1304-4AA3-4CD5-A484-D248031FB301.jpeg

Pretty pretty sky and palm trees!

630BB317-71D5-42F7-AFA2-F6FF3D80E4B9.jpeg

After this we headed back to see if we could finally sit at the bar at Jock’s- success! First drinks were an Old Fashioned for Russ and the Fall Splash I think it was for me (seasonal drink).

70BCD6E7-0D84-48F4-A7DB-C17F5B178C9F.jpeg

77869E78-DFCB-4797-874A-78CC72C86B95.jpeg

We had a couple more rounds of drinks and some chicken wings and before long it was 9pm. We thought about going somewhere else to eat, but we decided on heading back to Wilderness Lodge to grab a quick service again, as we weren’t actually too hungry now after the chicken wings and Food and Wine earlier today. So we headed back to the buses and didn’t have to wait too long for one back to Wilderness Lodge.

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Back at the Lodge.

CC265BC0-2EDF-41F4-9289-9DBC8FFEB39A.jpeg

This time I grabbed a turkey sandwich from Roaring Forks- this was a big sandwich! And tasty. Russ got the Bison Burger again from Geyser Point. Once again impressed with the quality of Wilderness Lodge’s quick service items!

E49F631E-EEE7-4CA3-B988-31AB0BAC6E60.jpeg

We chilled in the room and on the patio again with some drinks and this time we made it past midnight- all on track for After Hours tomorrow!

And with that another day had passed- and it had been a great first day! It was a Monday tomorrow- I kept thinking back to when I would see this posted by Disney blogs almost every week whilst I was at home and I kept thinking to myself “soon”. Now it was my turn!

934F0355-E804-4E3F-AE08-E56CCB590954.jpeg

I can’t believe I’ve only got to the end of the first day with theses posts! :joyfull: Next up- a busy Magic Kingdom! And how many times do we ride FoP at Animal Kingdom after hours?

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Having read several TR of people there during Food and Wine, it seems like the raclette was more often than not served after it had been sitting there. It’s so unfortunate, as it is so yummy when served correctly.

And I have to add: you have taken some amazing pictures (the waterfall at Wilderness Lodge and the palm tree as night was falling come specifically to mind at the moment, but there were others I really liked as well)

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Having read several TR of people there during Food and Wine, it seems like the raclette was more often than not served after it had been sitting there. It’s so unfortunate, as it is so yummy when served correctly.

And I have to add: you have taken some amazing pictures (the waterfall at Wilderness Lodge and the palm tree as night was falling come specifically to mind at the moment, but there were others I really liked as well)

Yes I don't think the raclette was served how it should have been, I'm sure I would have enjoyed it if it had! It's a shame. And thanks, I think it's more luck and the iPhone XS camera- it's a really good camera! Plus I then only post the better photos :joyfull:

Loving your TR so far and looking forward to more. TRs kept me going in between trios as we only get there every 2-3 years. 😥😥.

Thank you! And I know, I don't know what I'd do without all the Trip Reports and Instagram stories now! They really do help. Writing this is helping, I don't know what I'll do when I'm finished! I'm trying to plan another trip, but when you don't really know when that will be it's the worst :confused:

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Monday September 23rd

Today we were headed to Magic Kingdom! I woke around 5am today, but forced myself to try and sleep a little longer. Our FP’s were booked from 9am and we wanted to try and take it a little easier this morning so that we would have the energy for After Hours this evening.

I sat outside for a little bit at about 7.30am taking in the morning. SO peaceful and pretty out here. Oh Wilderness Lodge how I miss you!

D20FE7F0-3DF5-40E5-A368-5D181F3E3058.jpeg

Once again the best thing to appear when you turn on the TV! :inlove:

D8BBF022-4118-4685-B7EB-D841265E8417.jpeg

At about 8.30am we headed for the boats to get to MK. Look at that pool!

5C1EF544-F566-4FB1-9BC2-D4897C89D333.jpeg

D351ABCF-660F-4EB8-BB88-835ABB67A443.jpeg

03E0D9A4-230D-45EE-9DF2-611488D131E2.jpeg

One arrived fairly shortly, but it seemed to wait for quite a while before leaving again. We were sat on the back in the direct sun, so we were a little hot and impatient by the time it got on its way (I know we could have moved into the shade, but we’re stubborn lol!)

Hello Contemporary!

B17CE3D0-FBD3-455A-91C8-65D44DABE3D4.jpeg

1DD7E941-940A-497E-A41F-BD23CD936B66.jpeg

And hello MK… and construction!! Wow the entrance via waterway is not pretty right now!

Anyway, passing through that- there it is! :inlove:

E44F47B9-C47B-40DC-AB20-42534F50921A.jpeg

We made the mistake of choosing the wrong line at the gates (why does that always happen!) and we ended up behind a family who were picking up there tickets (I thought this could only be done at Will Call? But it appeared they were sorting this at the gates today as there were bins with tickets in ready to be set!) and of course there was confusion etc. What was most frustrating was that the family were blocking the entire entrance whilst doing this and whilst the scanners weren’t even needed by them. If they had left some space we could have scanned and kept the line flowing. Anyway. It probably only took 5 or so minutes but it felt like forever! Finally though, we were in!

This was our first time coming to Disney at this time of year, so Fall and Halloween decorations were new to us! Russ thought he liked them more than the Christmas ones (that will never be true for me!). We caught the Dapper Dans on Main Street!

DC6D4041-8054-496A-82B0-129D52500AAE.jpeg

A6AA8208-71DB-4D46-A0CD-AC6956C2C6C1.jpeg

We headed round through Adventureland and over to Fronteirland for our first FP of the day- Big Thunder Mountain. Woo hoo!

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Back row of course!

77727A60-62F7-4D71-9EE4-ECAB8C7FC2E4.jpeg

4AE378F7-CB1B-414C-B839-EA69973C0A0B.jpeg

Before BTMR we had been looking for a quick snack for breakfast. But no QS appeared to be open! After riding we were even hungrier so we continued our search for (savoury) food to no avail until we remembered the Sleepy Hollow window would be open. I knew that there weren’t too many breakfast options in MK apart from sit downs and Starbucks, but there really should be!

51CC60CD-76F4-4474-9123-B619D207354E.jpeg

0CA4F29B-EF03-4A03-B8C5-4AD41DEACA67.jpeg

E00603B7-DE83-46DA-8F0A-ED745846BC5A.jpeg

We made our way down the now open wider walk way to Sleepy Hollow. We went for the waffle sandwiches- ham, egg and tomato for me and the spicy chicken for Russ. These were MEH. Bland and disappointing- it’s so annoying when you waste a good hunger on disappointing food. Oh well!

FAF9BC56-619D-4187-9820-50AE2FE0CEDC.jpeg

3E87C9FA-3C0C-4AA3-8C70-C047A991164B.jpeg

At least the view there and back to Fantasyland was pretty :inlove:

C8292EF1-3805-4BE5-BA60-5B67B138EAB3.jpeg

Our next FP window was open- so back round to Fantasyland it was and on to Peter Pan!

06136336-950F-4802-848D-F0953E316962.jpeg

After riding we thought we would take a wonder around to Tomorrowland to see what the queue for Astro Orbitor (my favourite) was like. We’d taken a slow wonder, but the crowds and heat were already getting to us this morning. The wait was 45 minutes and Russ also didn’t fancy joining the out-the-door FP queue for our next FP which was Buzz (boo!). So we both decided to head back to Wilderness Lodge to go grab a drink at Geyser Point before deciding what to do next.

Originally we had planned to pop offsite and go to the Premium Outlets today and maybe grab some lunch offsite- but we both realised we couldn’t be bothered this morning! We decided before we’d even left MK that a pool time afternoon sounded perfect. I remembered how almost every trip, day 1 we are up really early and manage a full day- and day 2 is when the jet leg creeps back in. I must remember for next time to make sure day 2 is always a slow day! Plus we had After Hours this evening so a gentle day was a must.

Purple wall selfie!

4AB31E03-FFA3-4D97-9B19-034AC414DD80.jpeg

Ariel1986

Original Poster
I'm right there with you, with not knowing when the next trip will be :( but glad I can relive it through great trip reports like yours! Enjoying so far! Wilderness Lodge is my very very favorite, followed by Beach Club so I am loving your resort choices!!

Yes living vicariously is a life saver for the Disney blues! Happy to help! Yes Beach Club is my favourite!! Wilderness Lodge has come in a very close second now though. I don't think I could ever just stay at one resort, I love them all!

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Back at Wilderness Lodge we enjoyed some drinks at Geyser Point bar!

E506A0ED-06A0-463A-A34E-B9B8A1968AC1.jpeg

3312794B-EDC1-46D4-9280-915472D7792A.jpeg

This is such a nice bar with great views! Even the Disney Ducks think so!

DD3E2DC5-4473-4B78-85DA-994245B7FBA6.jpeg

CAE205D9-1AF5-4A01-85BF-3F2935641426.jpeg

We had another round- I had the stout that Russ had the first round, then took the oh so long 1 minute walk across to our room from the bar and got changed ready to finally check out the famous Boulder Ridge pool!

Perfect. Despite the clouds it was very warm and still a lot of sunshine when they moved!

05819EEC-C6A4-4BE9-AA45-7112900A0386.jpeg

46925920-DE9A-4BC9-882E-3481D1E40A9E.jpeg

We spent a good couple of hours here sunbathing and swimming. I can’t actually remember what we ate for lunch- or if we did eat! There are no pictures. Although we were still kind of full from the rubbish waffles this morning. I feel like we snacked and maybe I bought some crudités and dip from Roaring Forks, but I’ve no idea what Russ had. Oh well! I know we definitely had some drinks by the pool (our own brought over from the room- since it was literally opposite the pool!) We headed back to the room to relax even more for a little while before getting washed and dressed to head out to Epcot for dinner. And when I say dinner- I mean Food & Wine!

810C25AB-9B88-4096-A8A5-60EC0F3E8878.jpeg

393ED3CC-5202-429D-B605-81FC052ABE50.jpeg

Bus Selfie!

3C7179A6-BDD7-4E19-934C-64769A54A9D8.jpeg

We got the bus so entered through the normal route- helloooo Epcoooooo! I’m not sure when I started calling Epcot Epcoo (don’t kill me purists), but it’s been a few years now. We affectionately say it when we see any sight of Spaceship Earth on any part of property or transport- and sadly becry it when we’re leaving and Spaceship Earth is becoming smaller and smaller in the distance as we pass by it on the Magical Express.

Security wasn’t bad at all- I know this particular entrance can be a nightmare but each time we entered through this way we had no wait at all!

Once again, Epcoooooooo!

24C11006-EB94-4746-A70E-2541472367E5.jpeg

Ariel1986

Original Poster
:)

1D3AA893-C757-4968-BE95-FECF2C9B2571.jpeg

674559E8-95E8-4CC1-A163-2C94EF9CD2F3.jpeg

We headed over to The Land as we had a FP for Soarin. Hello Patrick! We asked for Section B Row 1 (centre seats less curved Eiffel Tower), but the lady didn’t really listen and just put us in Row 1 in Section A and I wasn’t that bothered to argue really. We ended up right at the end of row 1 of Section A so everything was verrrry curvy! I decided the next times we rode I wouldn’t mind waiting for the next load to get Row B. I still loved it though, the Elephants part reminds me of when we went to Thailand and went to an Elephant Sanctuary and then it all just makes me want to travel the world!

0D254308-F8EC-47C0-A83D-09C101B86F28.jpeg

From Soarin we headed out to make our way around World Showcase and to the Food & Wine Booths. We had a quick look at Flavours of Fire but we both weren’t feeling it (plus the queue was long!) so we headed over the other side to Hawaii as we both knew we wanted the pork slider again! And this time we tried the tuna too. Another hit for the Hawaii booth! The tuna along with the seaweed and wasabi cream were delicious.

44D976CB-AC16-49A1-96F4-561AA4278572.jpeg

Next up since it smelt so good and this time around we felt like rice, we went with the Thai Beef Curry from Thailand. This had some nice flavour, but didn’t really pack a punch like we were expecting so it wasn’t the best. Tasted better than it looked anyway!

2EA0B74B-75A1-434F-8AEC-A2B6B6B0A219.jpeg

After this we continued to walk around the World as the sun was setting. So pretty!

567BB80E-8A16-4DA2-ADB7-9B80CFD296C8.jpeg

F6F0015C-1C2F-49CF-B39F-C75CD808B308.jpeg

75BB6ACF-F9CA-4B7E-B0A6-035A70232E64.jpeg

EF84ECBD-0773-459A-91FB-B217711732C7.jpeg

0BC4D532-981D-480E-BA61-98D3429B3A54.jpeg

We grabbed some drinks in China- and realised we both weren’t that hungry now after a few booths, so we decided to carry on round to International Gateway, to head to the Beach Club to catch a bus to Animal Kingdom.

Ariel1986

Original Poster
F6FD9EFC-6B13-4EF6-8D20-2D2381681845.jpeg

FA115E6C-DE6D-4C3C-A47C-7B5071887BB5.jpeg

The Skyliner sign was lit up! Not long now till it opened for guests!

7CB0E89A-DA0B-45E4-B60A-AE4A72D34A73.jpeg

7F03E920-0590-4B96-AE0A-2AAD57E69F7A.jpeg

940B365D-17E9-4175-A5ED-0CE00E47B043.jpeg

We had an After Hours bus it seemed too- just us!

46E5556A-E9F4-42A7-B60F-009D5FAB4F99.jpeg

All checked in!

716D7AB0-DA04-4E1E-B8B8-3E525DF0BF1B.jpeg

A005CBF7-FAAB-40D0-9EA9-026BEC060F51.jpeg

When we arrived it was about 8.30pm so the event hadn’t yet started- we decided to head to Starbucks to get some caffeine running through us! Another Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew for me!

CC74869A-B36D-4822-B99F-33D35ED02F04.jpeg

Now Russ actually had a little whiskey with him that we’d had in the room, which we decided to mix with the Starbucks to get the perfect mix of awake from caffeine & tipsy from drinks!

Making our way round for the even to start...

A9BA06A3-1E9B-427C-B1AB-AB03A7F892E9.jpeg

Ariel1986

Original Poster
From here we headed to the Thirsty River Bar to sit at the bar and have two Golden Monkeys whilst we waited for 9pm to roll on round.

CD293394-B19A-47EE-BAEC-229CBB4C78F2.jpeg

9A06A085-7F40-4218-8CFF-393180374A5A.jpeg

Our game plan was to start at Everest, head over to Dinoland and then hit Pandora for the last couple hours so that the people in the standby from before park closing had left and probably because most people would head to Pandora first (I’d read this tip online). Just as we were finishing the event started- and the biggest queue ever for the free snacks formed at the Thirsty River! I’m not sure why snacks were the first thing on everyone’s to do list, Everest was ours! We headed through the queue straight on to the ride. Last row as always! Everest always feels faster at night and as always the views are the best! After exiting through the gift shop- we headed straight back round! I only seem to have the first photopass though:

DF019784-B290-4730-9AA7-2DDCCF62C502.jpeg

Two goes on Everest and we decided to head on over to Dinoland for a ride on Dinosaur. We stopped to have a look at the beautiful ROL lake! Such a shame we find the show kinda meh as the area is so pretty!

1674A31A-CE71-4C97-9BEB-241D8F3355A3.jpeg

D475349D-9C14-4286-93DF-3E15547C7B5D.jpeg

I think I grabbed some free popcorn on the way over but I don’t have a photo.

737E0123-506E-40A3-9278-6BC4AF75E9BE.jpeg

Dinosaur was a walk on, but there were enough people that our truck was full. For the photo the plan was to look the other way and scream, so opposite to everyone else looking terrified. I thought it would be funny however we didn’t quite achieve that!
I don’t know what either of us are doing or how didn’t manage to look the other way!

F7287B18-5CF0-480D-9ECB-C5C0F094CA34.jpeg

I spent some time looking for Chip and Dale in their Dinosaur costumes because I thought that was cute and I thought they were supposed to be in Dinoland for After Hours, but they weren’t as far as we could see. So we wandered Dinoland a bit and then decided to head round to Pandora finally!

It actually took us two tries to get out of Dinoland because somehow we walked around in a circle distracted by the cheesy dance party (which no one was at so the DJ was calling out to us and trying to pull us in- both times) and ended up back at the entrance to Dinosaur instead of the bridge to Discovery Island. Oh well! We found it funny…

Finally in Pandora we enjoyed the empty sidewalks. The bioluminescent glow seemed more prominent this evening- I don’t’ know if that’s due to any refresh or something different for After Hours, but it was pretty!

43F844E4-06ED-41A5-8E39-22459BBC8134.jpeg

318BB72D-AF08-42A0-B222-ECC10518AF93.jpeg

4309FDC1-8435-47EE-BEBC-2346D94D2DBE.jpeg

As we were entering the turnstile, there was an older gentleman with what appeared to be his wife and son/daughter-in law. This man obviously needed to take more time walking than others and was holding the hand rail and walking very slowly the whole way- whilst his family ran off without him! Russ and I kept our pace slow behind him so as not to crowd him, we thought it was kind of funny we were at After Hours with no queues, but the walk was going to take us a while now anyway!

The man turned around once or twice to apologise for his speed, but of course we told him not to worry. His son came back at one point to check he was still coming- and proceeded to leave again! Once we were at the point before entering the first room, his daughter in-law kept saying how crowded this would usually be and how it would have taken them ages to get to this point. I don’t think the older gentleman cared! He just kept answering with a smile and saying “very good”.

Anyway, so eventually we got into the first room and then the second as usual- we decided on round 2 that we would see if we could skip the pre-shows, between the old man and waiting at the top and the rooms it had been about 20/25 mins! But finally, we were on!

After riding we both spoke about another go. We both then looked at each other and realised… we were exhausted! Our second day and the jet-lag was still with us. For the first time ever FoP had also made me a little nauseous in parts, and that never happens so I knew another ride may not be the best idea. It may have been the alcohol, but I’ve ridden FoP after drinking many times before without a problem lol! I think as I’d woken up at 5am and hadn’t really gone back to sleep along with that although it was only 10.45pm now, my body clock still thought it was 3.45am was adding to the tiredness.

As ridiculous as it seemed after only one go on FoP- especially as that was our whole reason for buying the After Hours- we both were happy to wander out of the park and back to the resort. We’d actually had a really fun night and at least got one FoP in without needing a FP or an hour’s long queue. We both were quite happy to call it a night. This had been the only night on our trip that Animal Kingdom After Hours were available, and I had known we’d be pushing it a couple days in with the jet lag, so I was prepared that we might not make all of it. Hopefully we can go back to another one later on in a future trip, because we loved it still and would love to really take advantage of an empty Pandora!

Ariel1986

Original Poster
So off to the park exit we went. They were handing out bottles of drink and boxes of popcorn as we left, so we grabbed a bunch to take with us along with ice creams to eat on our way out.

ED3AAA9D-E915-4269-BD3C-8D46A6854285.jpeg

E7E73EE8-371F-4547-9B7F-5FD8DD40A31F.jpeg

For some reason they had moved all the bus stops around from where we had been told to go- and buses were visiting more than one resort- so we had a little wait to get back, but it wasn’t too bad. I think we made it back around midnight and wound down in the room before falling swiftly to sleep.

So that was day 2! Coming up next, a move to another resort! And a special guest arrives…

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Tuesday September 24th

Today we were checking out of Copper Creek and moving over to Animal Kingdom Lodge, however since check-out time was 11am and our only plans for today were to laze around Typhoon Lagoon, we didn’t set an alarm or rush ourselves. We were still awake fairly early anyway, but enjoyed the morning and the room and got ready at a leisurely pace.

Pretty, pretty Wilderness Lodge! I still miss you!

B08CE406-99A0-4C11-8BEC-B744D35CC289.jpeg

112CAB9C-FC51-4516-9C12-D8D0448D0C04.jpeg

We actually had a Magical Express checkout letter come through yesterday, which was confusing (and not something you want to see when you still have 13 days to go!). When we had checked- in to ME at the airport the CM had said “oh so you check out on the 24th and your return ME is for then?” to which I said no we’re not actually leaving WDW then and I hadn’t booked a return for that date- but either the computer or the CM still put it through even though there were no flight details given so the ME paper was blank for the flight time and ME time! I didn’t even know they could give you an ME booking without those details!

Anyway. We were dressed, packed and ready by 8.30am, despite trying to have a leisurely morning. So we decided to call bell services to pick up our luggage and head to Roaring Forks for breakfast- it was finally time for Mickey Waffles!

E34F50BE-6A70-4654-BC7D-62CF6003D99A.jpeg

We chose the bananas fosters sauce and had it on the side. It was very sweet, but the waffles and bacon were delicious as they should be! I preferred the regular syrup to the bananas fosters- I think I’d try strawberry or chocolate next time.

After breakfast we decided that since it was still over an hour until Typhoon Lagoon opened, we would catch the boat to The Contemporary, have a look around the shops and then catch a bus from there.

2B3CC53A-F637-472F-A0CD-4DA9C17F28C5.jpeg

388C576F-0DF7-4F8B-BFC6-7AE43D271C65.jpeg

All started well with a boat turning up as we arrived at the dock- and we had it all to ourselves! A private cruise across the lake to The Contemporary. Very nice!

2F2CCAEF-2FCC-4673-9620-0D80C2CB20B7.jpeg

1BA44FAB-DDB3-4532-8029-3A43314F91F6.jpeg

A8BAE4CC-67F4-4FE4-9823-797A1C310577.jpeg

C9B96638-7D7A-4D94-A21D-AD4B87AC4BA7.jpeg

6566CCE3-FEF5-4A71-BEB0-0556CF985BF0.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom