DVC Buses for AKL

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
Hi,
I searched this thread and couldn't find a lot of info but I'm wondering about AKL busing. We are eager to buy into DVC and are strongly considering AKL but we've heard the busing for one of the houses at AKL means you are always standing and rarely have a seat because it's the last drop off/pick up. Can anyone confirm this?
If we are going to buy in, we know there will be many times on the buses to ANY resort where we stand but we just don't want it to be a constant issue.
Thanks for your help!

nickys

Premium Member
Hi,
I searched this thread and couldn't find a lot of info but I'm wondering about AKL busing. We are eager to buy into DVC and are strongly considering AKL but we've heard the busing for one of the houses at AKL means you are always standing and rarely have a seat because it's the last drop off/pick up. Can anyone confirm this?
If we are going to buy in, we know there will be many times on the buses to ANY resort where we stand but we just don't want it to be a constant issue.
Thanks for your help!

At really busy times they sometimes have separate buses for Jambo and Kidani. Other times they share.

But if you buy at AKL you have home resort advantage at both anyway. Except when the booking site glitches, when it is then a PITA.

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
At really busy times they sometimes have separate buses for Jambo and Kidani. Other times they share.

But if you buy at AKL you have home resort advantage at both anyway. Except when the booking site glitches, when it is then a PITA.

Thanks, so I'm getting the impression that standing on the buses is just something people complain about like any DVC resort and it's not a lot worse than a bus to any other resort...

As Nicky's said above, at very busy times Jambo (main lodge plus DVC) and Kidani(all DVC) have separate buses. When they use the same bus it's a pick up at Kidani first, then onto Jambo and in those cases if anyone is standing it's usually very early in the morning when parks open or late at night when they are packing them in to go back to hotel after park closes.

FCivish3

Typically, the buses go first to Kidani, and then to Jambo. Both coming and going. Except for Disney Springs, usually.

I own at BOTH buildings. I have stayed at both buildings. My favorite is Kidani, so I generally don't need to worry about the buses at Jambo. But I have NEVER had any unusual problems with the bus at either resort.

And when I want to go from one resort to the other, I just take the quick shuttle which runs back and forth between the two buildings about every 10 to 15 minutes.

Our last visit was at Jambo. We only had to stand once. So I have never found it inconvenient. I agree with what every else has said, and that is that the buses generally work pretty well, and usually have about as much room as most resort buses at other resorts. If you are there at the front of the line, you typically won't have problems. If you come later, you might, and yet, our buses were rarely completely full.

Simba’s Mom

Frankly, I'm considering going over to Kidani (on my ECV) so that I can be at the first bus stop. I much prefer Jambo to Kidani, but I don't like the idea of being the second bus stop. I remember staying at BCV, and since many buses were shared with YC, and we were the second stop, I often had to wait for another bus to accommodate my ECV. I remember one morning, waiting through 3 buses! I really don't want to repeat that at AKL.

correcaminos

Frankly, I'm considering going over to Kidani (on my ECV) so that I can be at the first bus stop. I much prefer Jambo to Kidani, but I don't like the idea of being the second bus stop. I remember staying at BCV, and since many buses were shared with YC, and we were the second stop, I often had to wait for another bus to accommodate my ECV. I remember one morning, waiting through 3 buses! I really don't want to repeat that at AKL.
With an ECV that will be an easy trip too!

There's no need for you to do that. The bus drivers have and usually will make people on the bus move to accommodate your ECV.

You also have to consider that if you are there at a time when they are running separate buses for each of the AKL stops, and you should go over to Kidani, it doesn't guarantee that you are getting on that bus if there are already other ECV's there and there usually are.

Just FYI.

correcaminos

There's no need for you to do that. The bus drivers have and usually will make people on the bus move to accommodate your ECV.

You also have to consider that if you are there at a time when they are running separate buses for each of the AKL stops, and you should go over to Kidani, it doesn't guarantee that you are getting on that bus if there are already other ECV's there and there usually are.

Just FYI.
Read their post. They did have to wait. It's harder being a latter stop. Being first does not guarantee, but it helps

Read their post. They did have to wait. It's harder being a latter stop. Being first does not guarantee, but it helps
I think you misunderstood my post. And let me just say that yes I read their post. What does it matter if they are Kidani (first stop) or Jambo, if you have to wait you have to wait either place. It's just silly for her to drive her ECV all the way to Kidani to not guarantee herself anything.
I stay at both regularly and can tell you for a fact that Kidani gets just as many ECVs already from those staying there, and someone coming over from Jambo isn't going to make that easier for themselves or the others. You are not guaranteed to get on those first buses in the morning by going to Kidani.

She said she had this problem at YC/BC. And I'm saying yes it's going to happen at Kidani/Jambo again if they are running same bus to both, so going to Kidani isn't going to be a miracle fix. *shrug*

correcaminos

I think you misunderstood my post. And let me just say that yes I read their post. What does it matter if they are Kidani (first stop) or Jambo, if you have to wait you have to wait either place. It's just silly for her to drive her ECV all the way to Kidani to not guarantee herself anything.
I stay at both regularly and can tell you for a fact that Kidani gets just as many ECVs already from those staying there, and someone coming over from Jambo isn't going to make that easier for themselves or the others. You are not guaranteed to get on those first buses in the morning by going to Kidani.

She said she had this problem at YC/BC. And I'm saying yes it's going to happen at Kidani/Jambo again if they are running same bus to both, so going to Kidani isn't going to be a miracle fix. *shrug*

Well if there are 2 ECVs or even just a full bus at Kidani, an ECV won't get on. As someone who has traveled with one, I get what they are saying. Sometimes you have to wait if you are the second or third stop. Resort doesn't matter, stop location can.

I think you are honestly missing the issue at hand. The fact that Kidani does get just as many ECVs is exactly the issue. Only so many spaces are there and if Kidani keeps getting them, unless a bus driver is thoughtful and calls for a bus to stop at BC or Jambo or whatever 2nd stop, then you just have to wait. Being 1st stop is very important for many ECV riders.

Nottamus

Depends on many things...season travelled, what time you catch bus etc

we own at AKL and have stayed Kidani and Jambo. We prefer Jambo and don’t really have to stand all that much, again depending on time . If it’s park close with a line of people at the stop...we will probably have to stand, but not any different than most resorts at park close.

we walk and stand mostly all day at parks, to me....a short standing bus ride home doesn’t matter much.

have fun

FCivish3

It is an easy trip back and forth on an ECV. I have been in parties where 2 of our members did it regularly. However, if the bus stops at Kidani first, and still has room for at least one ECV when it arrives at Jambo, then the bus driver routinely moves the people, prepares the seat and loads you on. You probably wouldn't have any trouble except at the busiest times.

Well if there are 2 ECVs or even just a full bus at Kidani, an ECV won't get on. As someone who has traveled with one, I get what they are saying. Sometimes you have to wait if you are the second or third stop. Resort doesn't matter, stop location can.

I think you are honestly missing the issue at hand. The fact that Kidani does get just as many ECVs is exactly the issue. Only so many spaces are there and if Kidani keeps getting them, unless a bus driver is thoughtful and calls for a bus to stop at BC or Jambo or whatever 2nd stop, then you just have to wait. Being 1st stop is very important for many ECV riders.
And that's the point I'm making. Doesn't matter what stop she's at, if there is no room or multiple ECV's before her, then she's not getting on and has to wait no matter where that is.

I guess I just feel like it would be less rude to get on the bus at Kidani if they were actually staying there and not Jambo, if you don't want to get on the second stop of a bus, then don't stay Jambo or BC with YC or whatever.

correcaminos

And that's the point I'm making. Doesn't matter what stop she's at, if there is no room or multiple ECV's before her, then she's not getting on and has to wait no matter where that is.

I guess I just feel like it would be less rude to get on the bus at Kidani if they were actually staying there and not Jambo, if you don't want to get on the second stop of a bus, then don't stay Jambo or BC with YC or whatever.
So your issue is really about rudeness?

dreamfinder

Yes, most of the buses will stop at Kidani first, and then go to Jambo House. Disney Springs does Jambo first, and then Kidani. I've stayed at Jambo numerous times, and I've never noticed it to be bad. Really no worse than any other resort with shared bus/multiple stops. And during the busy times as several PPs have said, they often have their own buses. Really the only time I've had to stand is at park close, and that's par for the course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom