DVC Booking Website

tecowdw

Original Poster
Is anyone else having problems with the DVC member booking website? I get an error message whenever I attempt to book a new reservation or modify an existing one which has been going on for at least a week for me.

I have a reservation coming up on it's 30 days prior and I'm considering cancelling so that I can bank my points before my April 30 deadline. Seems a crazy time to be forcing members to call to make these kinds of changes - defeating the whole "use the online tool since phone lines are expected to be long wait times".
:rolleyes:

Club Cooloholic

I got through, something weird happened though, I decided to check some dates for something I have had no luck booking, bam it was open. Then I thought, well, maybe a bit too many points let me take off one day, bam it was gone, then tried again and I got the exact booking I wanted. Strange.

tecowdw

Original Poster
Update: I was able to book a new reservation this evening but still not able to modify an existing. Buggiest I've seen that site for awhile.

I guess I'll let my May 8 DVC reservation ride and see what happens!
Fingers crossed!!
🙃

correcaminos

Update us when you can on the May 8th reservation. I had issues moving mine as well (though only a few days to get rid of my crossing UYs) i knew I'd have to call but I wanted to know availability before I did.

tecowdw

Original Poster
Update: I was finally able to to get a pretty bug-free session of the DVC website. Yay!
I've decided there is not much likelihood that WDW will be open come May 8 (my resort arrival) so I cancelled that reservation. It's within the 30 days but they are not utilizing holding status at this time so the points all went back to current 2019 UY.
And what is going to happen with my Cirque du Soleil tickets for May 9? That's a whole different story...

So now my DVC gamble is this...
My banking deadline is end of this month (April). Do I book for a room in for June or later in summer - risking not being able to use them if things don't open soon enough and/or no availability. Or do I just go ahead and forget summer and bank the points into my September 2020 UY.

The struggle is real!

Club Cooloholic

Update: I was finally able to to get a pretty bug-free session of the DVC website. Yay!
I've decided there is not much likelihood that WDW will be open come May 8 (my resort arrival) so I cancelled that reservation. It's within the 30 days but they are not utilizing holding status at this time so the points all went back to current 2019 UY.
And what is going to happen with my Cirque du Soleil tickets for May 9? That's a whole different story...

So now my DVC gamble is this...
My banking deadline is end of this month (April). Do I book for a room in for June or later in summer - risking not being able to use them if things don't open soon enough and/or no availability. Or do I just go ahead and forget summer and bank the points into my September 2020 UY.

The struggle is real!
I would bank and relax.

Carp

Yes....for several weeks now. Today I haven't been able to get on at all. The website won't even open. Anyone else have problems?

nickys

Premium Member
Yes....for several weeks now. Today I haven't been able to get on at all. The website won't even open. Anyone else have problems?

I can get on. When I tried to bring up a reservation I got a message saying it was busy, but when I hit the Home button it showed it. Same with cancelling, it told me it couldn’t do it and when I hit Home it showed me the page saying it was cancelled.

Have you tried clearing your browsing history?

Club Cooloholic

I can get on. When I tried to bring up a reservation I got a message saying it was busy, but when I hit the Home button it showed it. Same with cancelling, it told me it couldn’t do it and when I hit Home it showed me the page saying it was cancelled.

I found that Google chrome worked better than Microsoft Edge too.

Carp

Yes, I've cleared it. Restarted computer. I have a Mac...made sure preferences aren't blocking it. It was working fine until all day yesterday. I even tried pulling it up by search and clicking on it that way. Nothing. I'm confused.

Club Cooloholic

I have a Mac and it was all fine until yesterday. All day it won't come up. Even if I try to go through a search page. Cleared all history and still nothing.
I know when I tried booking for the Friday before Thanksgiving it was really jammed up, but that is high booking period. You are just booking a regular December, so not sure it would be the same issue

tecowdw

Original Poster
I found that Google chrome worked better than Microsoft Edge too.
I found the exact opposite - Chrome gave me the error message at booking, tried Edge a few seconds later and it worked fine. That has even been the case on two different computers.
Go figure! I've not seen the DVC like this so consistently.

LivFreeorDisney

Yeah, the site has been complete garbage now for the last month. Every time I jump on it's always having issues. I can't complete any transactions or even see current availablitlity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom