DVC at Copper Creek (WL/CCV)

Daydream_believer

Original Poster
My young family of 4 is considering purchasing DVC at Copper Creek since we love visiting the Wilderness Lodge (location, theming, food, all of it). However, we’ve read that it’s nearly impossible to get a Villa reservation even at 11mo out. What is the best strategy for a new DVC buyer and if we know we love WL, do we just go for it at CCV? The Riviera has been promoted to us many times, but we honestly don’t love the resort.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Couple things:

If you’re looking for Studio villas, then you are correct, availability is tough in peak times (but not totally awful off peak). 1 bedrooms are less off an issue for sure so if those appeal to you then no sweat.

CCV offers fixed weeks, where you pay a premium and get a week pre-reserved for you every year. Catch is it always has to be the same week every year. Also you will only find them as an option when buying direct.

One option would be to buy a Boulder Ridge contract resale; it only has 18 years left but that gets your family through kids becoming adults, and is less than half the price of a new CCV contract. Just a thought.

Daydream_believer

Original Poster
Couple things:

If you’re looking for Studio villas, then you are correct, availability is tough in peak times (but not totally awful off peak). 1 bedrooms are less off an issue for sure so if those appeal to you then no sweat.

CCV offers fixed weeks, where you pay a premium and get a week pre-reserved for you every year. Catch is it always has to be the same week every year. Also you will only find them as an option when buying direct.

One option would be to buy a Boulder Ridge contract resale; it only has 18 years left but that gets your family through kids becoming adults, and is less than half the price of a new CCV contract. Just a thought.
Thanks, that is very helpful. We are hoping to bring others with us down the road, so we wouldn’t want to be limited to Studios. We also haven’t gotten far enough along in this process to realize that CCV are for specific weeks, that defeats the purpose for us. We like the flexibility of points. Maybe it’s time we look at other resorts and consider those options.

We weren’t looking at resale contracts, at least not for our primary contract, because they don’t come with any perks (or possibility for future perks) and they could be more challenging to sell back in the future. Maybe I’m not looking at them correctly as I’m new to this, but my fear is being “stuck with a timeshare” that could possibly be unused down the road or that Disney might include perks that we want to take advantage of but can’t. However, if we want to do some research of resale contracts, do you have recommendations on a reputable company to go through?

Last edited:

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
We also haven’t gotten far enough along in this process to realize that CCV are for specific weeks, that defeats the purpose for us. We like the flexibility of points. Maybe it’s time we look at other resorts and consider those options.
Sorry, to be clear, CCV offers specific weeks, as an option, but 99% of people choose to buy traditional CCV points, like you want.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
My young family of 4 is considering purchasing DVC at Copper Creek since we love visiting the Wilderness Lodge (location, theming, food, all of it). However, we’ve read that it’s nearly impossible to get a Villa reservation even at 11mo out. What is the best strategy for a new DVC buyer and if we know we love WL, do we just go for it at CCV? The Riviera has been promoted to us many times, but we honestly don’t love the resort.
Not sure where you are hearing that it's nearly impossible at 11 months. For the smaller resorts, it is best to book at exactly the 11 month day if you are looking for a studio. For the rest of the room types, if you bought now and wanted to stay next September for Food and Wine, you would have a choice of anything else for Sept 23-30. You had mentioned maybe bringing other people, so you definitely would not want a studio. My DW and I even get a 1 bedroom just for the 2 of us, as we prefer the larger rooms with the extra amenities - washer/dryer, full kitchen, separate living room, etc. Buying DVC was the best decision we ever made more than 15 years ago, and our only regret is that we didn't buy sooner. Saying that, we do recognize that DVC is not for everyone. Good luck!

1668430859398.png

Daydream_believer

Original Poster
Not sure where you are hearing that it's nearly impossible at 11 months. For the smaller resorts, it is best to book at exactly the 11 month day if you are looking for a studio. For the rest of the room types, if you bought now and wanted to stay next September for Food and Wine, you would have a choice of anything else for Sept 23-30. You had mentioned maybe bringing other people, so you definitely would not want a studio. My DW and I even get a 1 bedroom just for the 2 of us, as we prefer the larger rooms with the extra amenities - washer/dryer, full kitchen, separate living room, etc. Buying DVC was the best decision we ever made more than 15 years ago, and our only regret is that we didn't buy sooner. Saying that, we do recognize that DVC is not for everyone. Good luck!

View attachment 678495
Thanks for the reply. We could do a one bedroom for the two of us + our two small kids, but see ourselves wanting a two bedroom when we bring others like grandparents. I’m generalizing here, but I feel like every thread I read about CCV always mentions how hard it is to book the villas. We’d probably travel most often Winter to Spring (tend to stay closer to home in the Summer and too busy in Fall). I think that affects the month we choose to start our Use Year too. The price is going up beginning of Dec so we’re trying to do as much research as we can before then. Thanks for all input 🙂🤪

nickys

Premium Member
Thanks, that is very helpful. We are hoping to bring others with us down the road, so we wouldn’t want to be limited to Studios. We also haven’t gotten far enough along in this process to realize that CCV are for specific weeks, that defeats the purpose for us. We like the flexibility of points. Maybe it’s time we look at other resorts and consider those options.

We weren’t looking at resale contracts, at least not for our primary contract, because they don’t come with any perks (or possibility for future perks) and they could be more challenging to sell back in the future. Maybe I’m not looking at them correctly as I’m new to this, but my fear is being “stuck with a timeshare” that could possibly be unused down the road or that Disney might include perks that we want to take advantage of but can’t. However, if we want to do some research of resale contracts, do you have recommendations on a reputable company to go through?
The thing to remember is that as soon as you sell your contract it becomes a resale contract without perks. The buyer won’t inherit the perks you get if you buy direct.

correcaminos

Thanks for the reply. We could do a one bedroom for the two of us + our two small kids, but see ourselves wanting a two bedroom when we bring others like grandparents. I’m generalizing here, but I feel like every thread I read about CCV always mentions how hard it is to book the villas. We’d probably travel most often Winter to Spring (tend to stay closer to home in the Summer and too busy in Fall). I think that affects the month we choose to start our Use Year too. The price is going up beginning of Dec so we’re trying to do as much research as we can before then. Thanks for all input 🙂🤪
I bought into CCV this spring because of how hard it is at 7 months to get in to either BRV or CCV. Now I've managed to do it more than once for each resort in my time. But knowing my kid really enjoys WL as a whole I decided to add on - in my case a resale - earlier this year. It was definitely worth it. I will say given the costs I am not sure I'd ever buy direct unless they drop price for CCV (ha ha)

Also once your contract is on the resale market, you will be dealing with the same thing. Selling resale isn't quite as bad with the original 14 as it is with RR. Only RR will be significantly different when doing a resale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom