DVC at Contemporary Resort is Final

dvcmember1994

Original Poster
Hi Disney Fans,

I have been given some great news about the Contemporary Resort. It will be the next hotel to be a part of the Disney Vacation Club. I spoke to the Food and Beverage manager and he said they will tear down the North Tower wing in order to make room for the DVC villas. At the present they have two plans in mind, a small version of the Tower and something that cannot be disclosed at this time. The design concepts should be finalized with the next couple of months, and official word about the expansion should come later this year. The DVC Villas at the Contemporary are scheduled to open in 2008 or 2009.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
dvcmember1994 said:
Hi Disney Fans,

I have been given some great news about the Contemporary Resort. It will be the next hotel to be a part of the Disney Vacation Club. I spoke to the Food and Beverage manager and he said they will tear down the North Tower wing in order to make room for the DVC villas. At the present they have two plans in mind, a small version of the Tower and something that cannot be disclosed at this time. The design concepts should be finalized with the next couple of months, and official word about the expansion should come later this year. The DVC Villas at the Contemporary are scheduled to open in 2008 or 2009.

I didnt know the north tower had a food and beverage manager.... :lookaroun

Robfasto

genxer27 said:
Am I the only one who thinks Disney shouldn't make parts of the Contemporary into DVC villas?

No, you are not the only one...

The last time this rumor started I checked with my source at Disney and he has heard nothing about it.... and being a project engineer he would be (and has been) in the loop about something like this...

lamarvenoy

I don't see this happening. They have NO PROBLEM filling the rooms in the Contemporary and I doubt they will waste space on the monorail network for DVC members. Any room on the monorail line is a guaranteed high dollar easy fill room,period. I think Woody and I have both discussed the numbers and they don't work out in the long run.

wannabeBelle

lamarvenoy said:
I don't see this happening. They have NO PROBLEM filling the rooms in the Contemporary and I doubt they will waste space on the monorail network for DVC members. Any room on the monorail line is a guaranteed high dollar easy fill room,period. I think Woody and I have both discussed the numbers and they don't work out in the long run.
I dont know much about this whole thing but would tend to agree with you Lamarvenoy! Belle

dvcnut39

malcolm347 said:
Man that sounds really cool, i have to stay there when it opens !

I understand that the monorail resorts fill up with high dollar guests, but I would love to see a DVC resort at a The Contemporary.

Pioneer Hall

I thought this was official but then found out I was wrong. I agree that this wouldn't be a great idea. The monorail would give those guests a very unfair advantage as opposed to the other DVC resorts. Like others have said...I will believe this when I hear it from Disney.

PixyDust

Can you imagine the points needed per night? And the maintenance fees? Suddenly Beach Club and BoardWalk would look like values!

To me, the thrill of the Contemporary is lost in the wing buildings. If I'm going to stay there, I want to be in the tower! But I know a lot of people would love to be able to stay in a villa there, so that would be GREAT for them. Isn't it great that we all have different opinions and wants...

socalkdg

PixyDust said:
Can you imagine the points needed per night? And the maintenance fees? Suddenly Beach Club and BoardWalk would look like values!

To me, the thrill of the Contemporary is lost in the wing buildings. If I'm going to stay there, I want to be in the tower! But I know a lot of people would love to be able to stay in a villa there, so that would be GREAT for them. Isn't it great that we all have different opinions and wants...
I'll take BW or BC any day of the week over the Contemporary. I enjoy DS and Epcot as much as the MK and having a boat ride to either is better than a monorail ride to just one. The addition of the Boardwalk area & or SAB put those two Epcot resorts above the Contemporary IMHO.

By the way, the Contemporary has problems filling the garden wings at the same freqency as all the other monorail resorts. Combine this with Disney wanting to raise the prices of the Contemporary point to the possibility of a DVC there.

This has been a rumor for a couple of years

Initially I was excited at the idea due to the location and thought that I would add on.However upon reflection I'd prefer to stay in the Tower not a wing so I probably would not add on here. Now AKL - that rumor I would seriously love to have as a reality

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I can see them doing it; DVC is quite a money generator for them. But I don't see them tearing down the North Wing to do so. They get a nice price for rooms at the Contemporary, why do away with the constant revenue they generate?

I'd really like to stay in the North Wing someday - closer to MK!!! :) Although the tower is where my heart wants to stay... especially overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon and MK.

palminnie

DVC at CR

I also heard that the DVC was building villas at the CR. I was at the CR in August and renovations on the tower and south wing had started. I spoke to quite a few Disney employees (manager, DVC rep. and someone involved in the renovation) regarding DVC coming to CR. The DVC rep. stated that the North wing was being torn down and the rumor was that DVC was building villas at the CR. I then spoke to one of the workers involved in the renovation who seemed very knowledgeable and he stated that the plan was to knock down the north wing and build villas with a walkway to the 4th floor grand canyon concourse. The manager I spoke to stated that every part of the hotel was being renovated with the exception of the north wing. He wasn't at liberty to say what was being done at north wing site.

One morning while my family was walking to the Magic Kingdom we noticed surveyors surveying the land around the north wing. If the north tower is not being renovated, why were surveys being done? The conclusion we came to was that the rumors about DVC coming to the CR were probably true. I also questioned a few DVC reps regarding DVC at CR and none of them denied it or were able to give a definitive answer. Either way, I'm sure we'll all know soon.

My family was lucky enough to take a tour of the newly renovated rooms at the CR (they weren't open yet) and they were beautiful (flat screen tvs and modern decor). It looks like when the Contemporary is completely renovated it will be a 5-star resort all the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom