DVC - any hard sell tactics after tour?

zeedan

Original Poster
I was reading a post where someone mentioned an over-the-top hard sell in a DVC tour. We have considered doing a DVC tour but always end up declining. Has anyone experienced what they considered to be an excessive hard sell during a tour?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It has been nearly 20 years, but the wife and I went on a couple.

The last agent flat out told us that DVC would not really work well with the way we did Disney making it pretty much as far away from a hard sell as you can get.

correcaminos

I've been on a few and even a couple years ago just to see the CCV cabins and such. None were hard sells. Granted we were already owners and my guide is super hands off unless I need something, so I have had a positive experience with tours and guides as a whole.

Minthorne

To be honest, the one tour I was on was no pressure at all.

eliza61nyc

Wow, I am surprised. there was absolutely no pressure when we took our tour but it has been a long time. almost 20 years.

RememberWhen

We went last December. Just be honest with your guide about what you want and you’ll be fine. They are there to make money. If you aren’t going to buy, they would rather show you around then move on to someone else.

Phonedave

I was reading a post where someone mentioned an over-the-top hard sell in a DVC tour. We have considered doing a DVC tour but always end up declining. Has anyone experienced what they considered to be an excessive hard sell during a tour?

I did my first tour many years ago, after I had done my own leg work and was pretty sure I wanted to buy. I did the tour and told the guide the same thing. We worked up a package, and left everything unsigned, She told me to take it home, think about it, and then sign it and send it in if I was comfortable. I think it was good for 2 weeks or something in the that time frame.

I took a second tour about 5-6 years ago just to see new properties. I told the guide afterwards that they just were not for me at those prices, and that was the end of it. No hard sell.

I also refused the free ice cream, which actually was harder to do. They kept pressuring me to get ice cream. "It's free" "There is no catch" "Have whatever you want".

Simba’s Mom

My guide (yes, MY-DH didn't even go) gave me the tour and the info. He also gave me a VHS tape (it was 15 years ago) for DH. Several weeks later, he did call at home to make sure I'd shared everything with DH and did we have any questions. Yes-one, how do we buy now? LOL-Easiest sale he made probably!

Mouse Trap

Last time I was on a tour the sales rep asked a manager to come in within 10 minutes - he asked if we would seriously consider DVC or were just there for the gift card + fast passes. Told him straight up how we felt (we live in Los Angeles and Orlando, so there is literally no point) and he handed over the goods after asking how the sales rep treated us. Very pleasant experience.

Even after that experience I still get $XXX gift card offers to take a tour every time I stay on property at Disneyland.

PeoplemoverTTA

We had rented points at SSR and were doing a resort day in 2016 so we thought we’d do a tour. We’ve casually thought about DVC for years but weren’t sure if it was right for us.

I wish I remembered the CMs name because when I raised concerns about fit based on our travel style, he spoke down to my husband and I and basically implied we didn’t know how to vacation. It was honestly very awkward.

He then pushed for us to sign and commit right then and there, which I found hysterical. When we got home, both my husband and myself received multiple calls and voicemails. It was honestly way too much and a real turnoff - we should’ve just hung out at the pool, since it was our last trip before our toddler was born, and we won’t get much down time now for at least a few years 🤣

We still get mail from DVC, though, including a pin code to do a 20-minute “phone tour” for a $25 gift card. My husband did the call, and we put our $25 toward our next trip. He said the call was actually much shorter 👍

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We had rented points at SSR and were doing a resort day in 2016 so we thought we’d do a tour. We’ve casually thought about DVC for years but weren’t sure if it was right for us.

I wish I remembered the CMs name because when I raised concerns about fit based on our travel style, he spoke down to my husband and I and basically implied we didn’t know how to vacation. It was honestly very awkward.

He then pushed for us to sign and commit right then and there, which I found hysterical. When we got home, both my husband and myself received multiple calls and voicemails. It was honestly way too much and a real turnoff - we should’ve just hung out at the pool, since it was our last trip before our toddler was born, and we won’t get much down time now for at least a few years 🤣

We still get mail from DVC, though, including a pin code to do a 20-minute “phone tour” for a $25 gift card. My husband did the call, and we put our $25 toward our next trip. He said the call was actually much shorter 👍
You should have reported him to the manager right away. That is not how they are supposed to operate.

iflyjetzzz

My wife and I went to a timeshare tour while on a Disney cruise. It was last May. We didn't buy and haven't heard anything back from DVC since then.
I just bought 400 SSR points on the resale market for $86/pt so I feel fine about not buying direct.

macefamily

We went twice and had two different agents. Neither of them pushed us. As a matter of fact, we went for the meeting the second time with no intent of buying. But we did have the capital available so we went for it. Should have done it 15 years ago.

Seanual757

Did our 4th tour this past weekend. Our sales guide was great no pressure at all. He sold us out other 2 properties (VGF 2015, and Poly 2016). We loved the Riviera such a great resort. We ended up purchasing 200 points well worth it for our family.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom